Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:46:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

pointless Simpsons screenshot thread (of no value)

Started by checkoutgirl, May 29, 2022, 06:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy147

Isn't that picture from "'Round Springfield" rather than "Whacking Day"?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pink Gregory on October 21, 2023, 10:15:20 AM

I've never thought about how sign gags work in the exported translations... If you go on YouTube for popular scenes you often get comments from people explaining how some jokes are reworked in translation, including the differences of South American and European Spanish dubs. Do they repaint the animation or use on-screen subs?

Moj

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 21, 2023, 07:42:10 PMI've never thought about how sign gags work in the exported translations... If you go on YouTube for popular scenes you often get comments from people explaining how some jokes are reworked in translation, including the differences of South American and European Spanish dubs. Do they repaint the animation or use on-screen subs?

I think there's usually on screen subs. No idea how jokes like that one would play in German, though.

PlanktonSideburns

Scrolled for ages thinking, god these simpsons shitposts are getting a bit abstract, then realised I was in the other thread

chip

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on October 25, 2023, 09:35:20 PMScrolled for ages thinking, god these simpsons shitposts are getting a bit abstract

Thank you! I do enjoy working at the bowling alley.