Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badaids

Quote from: Thursday on July 14, 2022, 03:53:51 PMWilley (willy) to BUMrah 😂😂😂

The batsman's Willey is absolutely cunting the fucking the shit out of the bowler's Bumrah or something.

iamcoop

shoulders

Crenners

Kunt Koach 😂😂😂

Great to see these fucking wankers with their nappies full of missing link shit

shoulders

Pleased for Topley, has been through some injury hell.

He is impressive to watch live, too. Seems gigantic.

shoulders

Hmm, I still give India an OK chance here, we've got at least 10 overs to get out of Carse and Ali who have been the most expensive.

Obviously with Jadeja last batsman it's on a knife edge. Been a good contest. Low scoring odis can be fun.

shoulders

Got to really wonder what form of defect is going on when Bumrah is number 9. Are the 10 and 11 registered blind?

shoulders

Crenners

So good to see these guys begging in the gutter for winnets. Jonesing like fuck for a sweet gobful of dogshit.

Thursday

Another game where England manage to win despite also being largely shit.

Although maybe that's harsh considering the typical surface.

iamcoop

Yet again I feel alive by being the only person in this thread that never doubted our boys.

Can I just ask the naysayers to keep a low profile? We don't need you at the moment, our balls are big and we cook big dinner. We are, England Cricket.

Crenners

Amen. If criggers be the food of love, let's have a nice big six into the car park.

Inspector Norse

It's some bizarro version of the old days, batters collapsing all over the shop but the fast bowlers bailing them out while over in the other format Jonny Bairstow eats his spinach and gunts it out the ground.

shoulders

king_tubby

Pranet

It was.

When I got in and checked the score I almost didn't bother watching it as a Lancashire win seemed a formality.

I don't like Hampshire at all but have to admire the way they defended a small total.

shoulders

Nerve shreddingly weird tense low scoring ODI as well with Bangladesh chasing a tiny total but taking all of the overs except the last to chase it down.

king_tubby

shoulders

Babar Azam doing the Joe Root act vs Sri Lanka. More Jayasuriya wickets. Looks like a good find!

shoulders

Cuellar

Inspector Norse

Pranet

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jul/17/england-fans-face-minimum-five-year-wait-for-west-indies-test-tour

Near the bottom of this it says

QuoteA two-and-a-half-month window has been carved out for the expanded Indian Premier League and other boards are also looking to free up space so big-name players can feature in their franchise tournaments, including the Big Bash League and the Hundred. The Ashes in England next year, for example, will be over by the end of July.

I've drifted in and out of cricket over the years. I think I may well drift away again never to return soon.

shoulders

Grim reading indeed. T20 saturation and Australia, India and England playing each other over and over again.

Crenners

BCCI is entirely to blame for all of this. Cricket will eventually just be rounders with 1.8 billion people screaming and synchronistically banging their heads on a drum as Premier Mecha Kohli's reanimated holocorpse sprays dogshit out of his mecha urethra to keep them headbanging in dutiful ecstasy.