Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:46:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

iamcoop

Basically a t20 innit. Just write it off. Not proper creecket either way.

Thursday

Yeah weird one really 29 overs so nobody's quite sure how to play it, Bowlers did well, but the conditions did also give them a big advantage there.

Thursday

Sam Northeast on 410 runs for Glamorgan against Leicestershire, Glamorgan currently on 795 runs. Might be declaring now.

Pranet

And they won. Admit I thought there was little chance of them winning so they might as well have let Cooke get his double century.

Feel a bit sorry for Leicestershire. Always want teams like them and Derbyshire to do well as they are the teams the Kevin Pietersen's of this world want binned.

Thursday

Sorry, but I refuse to accept it's raining, it's a sunny 27 degree day where I am.

Crenners

I really like Alex Hartley and even more because I know how much a lot of TMS listeners will be apoplectic at her cheerful wittering. Isa, Ebs and Alex are the future of TMS.

Pranet

Quote from: Pranet on July 23, 2022, 06:10:10 PMAnd they won. Admit I thought there was little chance of them winning so they might as well have let Cooke get his double century.

Feel a bit sorry for Leicestershire. Always want teams like them and Derbyshire to do well as they are the teams the Kevin Pietersen's of this world want binned.

Oh god that apostrophe is annoying.

shoulders

That was some pure alehouse cuntin' by Ecclestone there. Impressed.

shoulders

Quote from: Thursday on July 23, 2022, 12:59:39 PMSam Northeast on 410 runs for Glamorgan against Leicestershire, Glamorgan currently on 795 runs. Might be declaring now.

That was a genuinely remarkable game and first class cricket has so many more permutations and due to the format about a million times more impressive to get a result from a situation where 1350 runs were scored in 3 days.

king_tubby

Quote from: shoulders on July 25, 2022, 09:12:04 PMThat was some pure alehouse cuntin' by Ecclestone there. Impressed.

Aye. S. Africa have been mince, mind.

Inspector Norse

Really good to see Zak Crawley turning out for Kent to work on his technique and form ahead of the SA tests. A 27-ball duck today suggests he's really got to grips with reining in his shot-playing instincts.

Inspector Norse

Lad SA brought on to bowl the 16th over has taken a career total of 2 wickets (in all formats). 250+ looks on here.

Thursday

Crenners

Tibbsy going full Hendrik Verwoerd here. Not cool.

Edit timely pivot to De Klerk.

Thursday

Well I know everyone here will turn their nose up at it, but personally I've been enjoying... The women's T20 commonwealth games.

shoulders

Pranet

Quote from: Thursday on August 05, 2022, 02:03:36 PMWell I know everyone here will turn their nose up at it, but personally I've been enjoying... The women's T20 commonwealth games.

Not sure how much it has done for the visibility of the games in this country at least, in terms of it being on normal telly. England in a semi final right now but tv showing repeat of gymnastics, then they did show a bit of it but said fuck off to the iplayer we are putting the athletics on in a minute.

Thursday

Pranet

Well, a round of games in the National Counties Championship starts tomorrow, that's true.

Thursday

Inspector Norse

Lawrence, Brook, Duckett and Billings giving the SA bowlers a real taste of BEEFBALL in the test warmup. Even Sibley scored at a rate.

shoulders

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 11, 2022, 03:39:57 PMLawrence, Brook, Duckett and Billings giving the SA bowlers a real taste of BEEFBALL in the test warmup. Even Sibley scored at a rate.

Quite what we learnt from Dan Lawrence and Billings 99s, a hundred from Ben Duckett and an Aiden Markram 5 fer is anyone's guess.

king_tubby

I know it's the 100 but Capsey hitting 25 off 8 balls to win it for the Oval whatevers on her 18th birthday was very cool.

shoulders

Won't go too tough on the women's Hundred but please Hundred, please
just fuck off into a sinkhole with Alan Stanford and die.

Thursday

The Women's Hundred does actually make some sense, since there's less women's cricket in general so at least it's not really competing with anything,  so this has actually brought a lot more focus and attention to it and allowed the likes of Capsey to shine. (Plus Test Matches are much less of a thing in Women's Cricket anyway, shorter forms are more standard)

But now we've got a situation where the Royal London Cup is competing with The Hundred. Why is a niche sport spreading itself so thin?

Although to be honest, it's mainly the ugly on screen graphics putting me off. They really are horrendous.