Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,802
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2022: The Thuglife Era (Stokes, Woakes, Foakes, and plenty of chokes)

Started by sevendaughters, June 04, 2022, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

I will say Crawley b. Nortje 18 (35), cheeky as he has started, but sticking with it

Inspector Norse

Crawley c Petersen b Jansen 22 (34b, 2x4)

Bit of a wild card this one but deserve it after my first-innings near-success

MrMealDeal

Nobody had lbw Maharaj on their bingo card I see. Still, a nice positive innings, which should cement his place in the side.

sevendaughters

thanks for playing everyone, I don't think anyone's won Bully's Star Prize today.

Inspector Norse

We asked 100 people to name the worst opener in test cricket

CRAWLEY 82
CAMPBELL 17
NIGHTMAN 1

gilbertharding

Thursday

Stokes out just before Lunch, Foakes out just before the rain delay, Pope out just before Lunch. Good stuff this.

Thursday

At the point where I'm seeing Lees on 25 and thinking. "See that's decent for an opener."

iamcoop

The way Cook keeps casually referring to BAZBALL as if it's some legitimate form of the game like One-Day or T20 makes me feel physically sick.

robhug

id wager broad will be close enough to be holding the square leg umpire's hand at the point Nortje bowls at him

the big yellow fanny

Cuellar

Inspector Norse

England revert to being aids, then.

It's almost as if positive vibes and flat pitches can't actually solve the glaring technical and tactical deficiencies that have plagued England for a decade!

Thursday

sevendaughters

shoulders

"You don't go from being a good team to a bad team overnight".

The other way around Brendon, I'm afraid. Same side that won 2 tests in 17, not suddenly not a good side from winning a few tests from historically poor positions.

The batting order has an opener who at this stage is likely to make fewer runs than our number 10.

AIDS beasts.

shoulders

iamcoop

Stokes pathetically surly and defensive in the post match interview.

Genuinely quite worrying when someone legitimately says "South Africa bowled a good length and it seemed to work better" and he just goes "DID THEY? DUNNO MATE" with a frosty and confrontational silence afterwards.

I might eat my words and we might batter SA in the next two tests but even still I will feel HOLLOW.

Root had absolute dementia in his post-match interviews when it came to discussing what had gone wrong and how we could improve but at least he would admit when we were absolute fucking dogshit.

We're entering the Legend Gary era of the team and I hope we get cunted into the sun until some fucking sense gets knocked into people.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: iamcoop on August 19, 2022, 09:45:08 PMWe're entering the Legend Gary era of the team and I hope we get cunted into the sun until some fucking sense gets knocked into people.

We might be waiting a while

Quote from: The England Captain, After His Team Got Cunted Inside Of Two Days Play"We're not for one minute going to look back at this and think we're going to have to change what we've done."

Cuellar

I reckon changing the "bat like spongiform encephalitis" tactic would be a good idea

badaids

Yeah, looks like all this bazball bullocks got inside the Proteus heads.

The thing is, if you play the type of cricket England say they want to you are going to get extreme results. Either we are going to thrash or pull a result out of the hat, or we are going to get tonked. With the players we have likely to be more the latter, on average. Bazball or whatever dick head name they've come up with is just a cricket with a gamblers mentality. Which is the opposite of what test cricket is supposed to be.

iamcoop

"You have to think about the overall package," said New Zealander McCullum. "We have some players that have been put in those positions because they have certain skillsets.

"I look at a guy like Zak and his skillset is not to be a consistent cricketer. He's not that type of player.

"He's put in that situation because he has a game which, when he gets going, he can win matches for England."

Fuuuuuuck me

shoulders

Crenners

I don't care if we lose, I forget it instantly and it means absolutely nothing in a sporting competition without relegation or consequence. If we play Bazball and flog a few dickheads and it sometimes comes off gloriously, that's great. I'd much rather play this way because Test ranking and so on means absolutely nothing.

It really doesn't matter if we lose to South Africa because they're non-entities. Kiwis and Pakistan likewise. Windies barely exist as a Test nation because their game is so impoverished. India is a big cricket nation but I only care how we do because I loathe their fans and players. If they were sound, I could give a fuck.

The Ashes is the only Test contest which means anything at all. The prospect of maayyyybbbbeee going full Bazball in their own backyard and triggering the new Jonestown is very exciting. If we lose, it doesn't matter. Losing is nothing these days, you just move on.

badaids

Quote from: iamcoop on August 20, 2022, 07:44:24 PM"You have to think about the overall package," said New Zealander McCullum. "We have some players that have been put in those positions because they have certain skillsets.

"I look at a guy like Zak and his skillset is not to be a consistent cricketer. He's not that type of player.

"He's put in that situation because he has a game which, when he gets going, he can win matches for England."

Fuuuuuuck me

That's not a real quote is it?

badaids

Quote from: Crenners on August 20, 2022, 07:55:46 PMI don't care if we lose, I forget it instantly and it means absolutely nothing in a sporting competition without relegation or consequence. If we play Bazball and flog a few dickheads and it sometimes comes off gloriously, that's great. I'd much rather play this way because Test ranking and so on means absolutely nothing.

It really doesn't matter if we lose to South Africa because they're non-entities. Kiwis and Pakistan likewise. Windies barely exist as a Test nation because their game is so impoverished. India is a big cricket nation but I only care how we do because I loathe their fans and players. If they were sound, I could give a fuck.

The Ashes is the only Test contest which means anything at all. The prospect of maayyyybbbbeee going full Bazball in their own backyard and triggering the new Jonestown is very exciting. If we lose, it doesn't matter. Losing is nothing these days, you just move on.

I agree with much of this, particularly the bit about the Ashes.  I just wish that McCullum would come out and be honest with it.