Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer Game Fest

Started by bgmnts, June 09, 2022, 07:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

New games n shit:

I'm watching bawkbasoup's stream so here we are.

https://www.twitch.tv/bawkbasoup

So far:

Aliens: Dark Descent.
Nothing says the abject, visceral horror of the xenomorph like an isometric shooter.

Dead Space The Calisto Protocol.

Looks good, perhaps excessively gory maybe.

Gameplay footage. Chosen executive wheeled out to big up the game was like me at a job interview.

bgmnts

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

One of the few game series that actually makes me think that video games are bad for society. Convinced these just exist to desensitise children to the military industrial complex and the horrors it commits on a daily basis.

Just a reboot or remake or whatever the fuck. One for the kids.

bgmnts

This is still going on, it's been about 7 minutes.

bgmnts

Flashback 2

Never played Flashback 1 no idea what it is. That's all.

bgmnts

Witchfire.

Looked a bit Turok-y, or Doom meets Dark Souls.

bgmnts

Fort Solis.

Some more space horror stuff, no gameplay.

bgmnts

Routine.

No idea, decade in the making allegedly. Mick Gordon soundtrack though.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson piped in from the gym. Selling his energy drink the big fat shill.

Starring in a new film about some superhero called Black Adam?

Crenners

This epitomises everything I don't respect or like about the games industry.

bgmnts

Quote from: Crenners on June 09, 2022, 07:43:44 PMThis kind of thing epitomises why I have so little interest in games now.

How can you say that after Splatoon 3 and Fall Guys Season 1!!??

bgmnts

Another space game, where the outro tagline was "A storm's coming, and hell's coming with it."

Fucking hell.

bgmnts

Shitty looking indie game that thinks it's clever.

Crenners

Quote from: bgmnts on June 09, 2022, 07:45:28 PMHow can you say that after Splatoon 3 and Fall Guys Season 1!!??

I had to change my phrasing. I love many games but very largely despise the industry and gaming community.

Splatoon 3 will be one too far for me unless they release a new Switch, no interest in Nintendo at all this point.

bgmnts

Quote from: Crenners on June 09, 2022, 07:53:11 PMI had to change my phrasing. I love many games but very largely despise the industry and gaming community.

Splatoon 3 will be one too far for me unless they release a new Switch, no interest in Nintendo at all this point.

I was just joking. I know exactly what you mean.

But still, get fucking hype! Goat Simulator 3!!!

Some Marvel shit.

oggyraiding

Outriders was boring shit when I played the demo, it continued to be boring shit when it came to game pass, and I am fairly certain the DLC (for a game I've never heard anyone give a shit about) will be boring shit.

oggyraiding

Genshin Impact IN SPACE.

Zetetic

What the fuck are you talking about?

Consignia

Quote from: bgmnts on June 09, 2022, 07:28:44 PMFlashback 2

What, Fade to Black? That came out nearly 30 years ago.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: bgmnts on June 09, 2022, 07:28:44 PMNever played Flashback 1 no idea what it is. That's all.
One of my all time favourite games is what it is. I, naively, got a bit excited by this announcement, but the trailer doesn't fill me with confidence. It looks more like a sequel to the quickly forgotten remake from a few years ago.

bgmnts

Quote from: Consignia on June 09, 2022, 09:02:52 PMWhat, Fade to Black? That came out nearly 30 years ago.

Quite the time lapse between sequels, that.
Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on June 09, 2022, 09:20:39 PMOne of my all time favourite games is what it is. I, naively, got a bit excited by this announcement, but the trailer doesn't fill me with confidence. It looks more like a sequel to the quickly forgotten remake from a few years ago.

Yeah came out the year I was born so guess I missed it but hopefully the game is as good as its predecessor.

VERY underwhelming event btw, obviously.

Quote from: Zetetic on June 09, 2022, 08:36:46 PMWhat the fuck are you talking about?

Video games!

Mister Six

Quote from: Consignia on June 09, 2022, 09:02:52 PMWhat, Fade to Black? That came out nearly 30 years ago.

I was going to say that. To be fair, it was shite.

Kelvin

Hate that the games media has suffocated E3 for this shite. One week of hype vs months of watered down showcases with endless repeated trailers, interviews, ads and filler. 

Thursday

I fuckin hate Geoff Keighley man.

Crenners

Sincerely, the most interesting thing to me is the absurd, unnecessary TLOU remake, because I really loved that game and the sequel. I'll get it again full price and enjoy it so I'm part of the problem with the industry. Will be the third time I'll buy it full price.

Literally nothing else looks any good.

brat-sampson

Quote from: Kelvin on June 10, 2022, 12:02:13 AMHate that the games media has suffocated E3 for this shite. One week of hype vs months of watered down showcases with endless repeated trailers, interviews, ads and filler. 

It's not months though, basically everything is happening this week. Devolver, Sony, Geoff and Day of the Devs already happened, Microsoft, PC Gaming show and Capcom all by next Tuesday. Maybe a direct but who knows.

It's definitely better than 2020...

Thursday

I really liked Last of Us originally, but it seems so mid now. I liked the characters, the atmosphere and mood really elevate the traversal, but I have no need to go back to it. No disrespect, but I don't understand what anyone with good taste would get out of it.

Feels so "Dad doing his 'annual' rewatch of another of his HBO boxsets because it's an "all time classic."

Kelvin

Quote from: brat-sampson on June 10, 2022, 08:59:09 AMIt's not months though, basically everything is happening this week. Devolver, Sony, Geoff and Day of the Devs already happened, Microsoft, PC Gaming show and Capcom all by next Tuesday. Maybe a direct but who knows.

It's definitely better than 2020...

Wow, no idea how I missed that. Knew Sony had done a show, and a few mini ones, but I'm shocked that none of the gaming podcasts I watch have covered Devolver. I had just assumed SGF was spread out again like last year.

With that in mind, its actually more surprising that the show yesterday was so crap.

bgmnts

Yeah it's a very bland AAA type game for me, fuck knows why it's getting a remake but there we are.

Wish they would remake games that were ahead of their time or hidden gems. I know they'd fuck with them in the way only the modern industry can and it would cost 80 quid for portioned off content but fuck it give me Resident Evil Outbreak on current gen.

Crenners

Quote from: Thursday on June 10, 2022, 10:02:00 AMFeels so "Dad doing his 'annual' rewatch of another of his HBO boxsets because it's an "all time classic."

This is exactly what it is for me. Same reason I'm buying Jackie Chan's Police Story 4K re-release. A vain attempt to recapture past feelings, but with HDR grading.

Alongside RDR2, it's the only one of the AAA cinematic mega budget crunch beasts which I really loved. It was the game that sold me a PS3, and brought me into 'current gen' gaming. It held up great on PS4 and I was in the select group that also found the sequel extremely engaging. It wasn't necessary but it was fucking impressive and the gameplay was way more exciting.

I wish they'd release TLOU2 Remastered, as well.

oggyraiding

The Last Of Us 1 had very few flaws, was well written and performed, and the gameplay was very solid. Yet when I returned to it for the PS4 remaster, I got bored quickly. It does everything well, but doing something well does not make it interesting. Also found it odd that at the time it was hailed as one of those games that shows games can be as artistically valid as movies (which they can), when TLOU is The Walking Dead tier of "grim dark zombie apocalypse but humans are the real monsters".

As far as zombie games go, it's not up there with the Resident Evil or Dead Rising series.

Thursday

Quote from: Crenners on June 10, 2022, 01:53:36 PMThis is exactly what it is for me. Same reason I'm buying Jackie Chan's Police Story 4K re-release. A vain attempt to recapture past feelings, but with HDR grading.

Police Story is good though.