Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Real people with spectacular names

Started by Stoneage Dinosaurs, June 29, 2022, 01:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flotemysost

^ ha!

I met someone a while back who went by a chosen surname, but their real surname was Sex. Not Sexton or Sexsmith, just no-frills plain old Sex.

Must've been awkward if they went to a posh school where you get called by your surname. "Sex?" "Yes Sir", "An hour's detention for Sex", etc. Though it would've been amazing if they'd then gone to Cambridge uni and went on to compete in University Challenge just so we could hear Jeremy Paxman shout CHRIST'S SEX

The Mollusk

Calling out the register would have been good.

"Sex?"

<manspreading out the side of the desk, slouched, one arm over the back of the chair, tie loosened at the knot, cig in mouth>

"HERE."

jobotic

I once signed a man up to the library whose name was Technique Technician. It was on his driving licence and everything.

Mortimer

Quote from: Swift on July 05, 2022, 08:17:00 PMThere's a woman who works in my company named Gay Ray.
I stumbled across a Mavis Davis.

Also knew a lad called David Ong who's signature read "Dong". Of course.

Sonny_Jim

Seems familiar, his name rings a bell.

(Sorry)

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

I had the pleasure of meeting ex-footballer turned estate agent Mick Wardrobe. I had my overseas voter application approved by Christine Chicken. But the so-near-yet-oh-so-far award must go to Gordon Brown's sister-in-law Clare.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Mortimer on August 02, 2022, 11:18:11 PMI stumbled across a Mavis Davis.

And I stumbled across a Samantha Panther.

The Ombudsman

Quote from: Mortimer on August 02, 2022, 11:18:11 PMI stumbled across a Mavis Davis.

Also knew a lad called David Ong who's signature read "Dong". Of course.

My childhood next door neighbour was called Mavis Davis.

Vodkafone

Kitkat is a legit though rare surname. I once met a woman called Elizabeth Kitkat - I didn't make any jokes about four fingers, and that is why I'm going to heaven.

non capisco

Quote from: Vodkafone on August 03, 2022, 03:54:38 PMKitkat is a legit though rare surname. I once met a woman called Elizabeth Kitkat - I didn't make any jokes about four fingers, and that is why I'm going to heaven.

What does her office supervisor say to her when they think she should go on lunch?

Vodkafone

Quote from: non capisco on August 03, 2022, 04:02:32 PMWhat does her office supervisor say to her when they think she should go on lunch?

"Have a break, get four fingers inside of you"

Johnny Yesno

Mortimer

Ok look, I'm not going to put up a link to the S*n and I don't buy it but I know someone who does. Honest.

Anyhow, in today's there's a short piece about an old dear who's celebrating seventy years or something silly working at the same shop.

Her name is Ivy Bastard.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Mortimer on August 03, 2022, 09:26:50 PMOk look, I'm not going to put up a link to the S*n and I don't buy it but I know someone who does. Honest.

Anyhow, in today's there's a short piece about an old dear who's celebrating seventy years or something silly working at the same shop.

Her name is Ivy Bastard.
Does she have a brother called Alan?

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: Replies From View on July 05, 2022, 01:19:53 PMWhen I worked in an Arts Centre 18 years ago, there was a guy on the mailing list called Ivor Pusittinon

When I worked for Telewst there was a disconnected account for a Mr O Bin Laden on the System

Flouncer

I've been watching a Thai six reds snooker tournament and the MC always amuses me with his Pokemon surname.

FalknerHinton

Nottingham Forest are rumoured to be interested in signing Dutch striker Jizz Hornkamp.

Captain Poodle Basher

Spotted on some work documentation the other day:

Attila Toth.

Bently Sheds

Cypriot Rhythmic gymnast Anastasia Pingou.

Noot noot!

Bartholomew J Krishna

My favourite name of all time belongs to Russian poker player...

Gleb Tremzin.

Bently Sheds

Swedish 5000 metre runner Jonas Glans.

Captain Z

Are you

Quote from: Swift on July 05, 2022, 08:17:00 PMGay Ray

(who wants to know?)
Are you

Quote from: Jockice on July 06, 2022, 11:38:40 AMHolly Rae

(who wants to know?)
Are you Jimmy Ray?
Who wants to know?
Who wants to know about me?

FalknerHinton

Crosspost from the football thread

Quote from: Brian Freeze on August 15, 2022, 06:09:23 PMKevin Lasagna has scored again for Verona, four in three for him now.

No idea if he's any good, just love his name.

Italian footballer Kevin Lasagna.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: FalknerHinton on August 17, 2022, 12:02:05 PMCrosspost from the football thread

Italian footballer Kevin Lasagna.
There was a thing in the Guardian about how there are loads of (mostly working class) French men called Kevin or Kévin born c. 1985-95. Presumably Italy is the same. There is a French far-right politician called Kévin Pfeffer.

Vodkafone

Quote from: FalknerHinton on August 04, 2022, 11:41:19 AMNottingham Forest are rumoured to be interested in signing Dutch striker Jizz Hornkamp.

I bet they are.