Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2022

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 06, 2022, 10:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crenners

I loved his message saying we are going to be shit for years and years, don't be expecting much.

Olé, Olé, Olé!

Bit worried about England's prospects of getting past the quarters after seeing Spain and Germany both really well and be ruthless in front of goal today.

imitationleather

It's hard to gauge because I dunno how bad Denmark and Finland actually are. Denmark looked particularly shit and like they were giving Germany pretty much no opposition, I thought.

Kankurette

I'm surprised at how crap Denmark were tbh. Their crossbar was their WOTM.

England news: Lotte Wubben-Moy's got the 'rona.

Harry Badger

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 08, 2022, 12:46:39 AMThat's my problem with it though. The men's MLS is the same, the crowds all swanning about reacting to shit that's got nothing to do with the game and not reacting to good play. I enjoyed watching games in Scotland in January with crowds of 1000 more than I do here with crowds over 20K.

As an Isthmian League veteran I concur - it reminded me of going to see the football at the 2012 Olympics. They did a very clever trick there by only opening one half of the Millenium Stadium so it looked rammo on TV despite it being half full.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 08, 2022, 11:16:14 PMBit worried about England's prospects of getting past the quarters after seeing Spain and Germany both really well and be ruthless in front of goal today.

*play really well

Quote from: imitationleather on July 08, 2022, 11:19:50 PMIt's hard to gauge because I dunno how bad Denmark and Finland actually are. Denmark looked particularly shit and like they were giving Germany pretty much no opposition, I thought.

Yeah, Denmark are loads better than Finland on paper but Denmark just seemed to collapse against Germany whereas Finland looked reasonably well organised against Spain. I was still pretty impressed with Germany and Spain despite the quality of the opposition though.

Tried to get Portugal v Switzerland tickets earlier today. Sold out. Just stuck the telly on and the stadium's barely half full.

Brian Freeze

Just done part of the walk up to the ground with the Dutch fans. Buzzing.

imitationleather

I got Netherlands in a sweepstake, so they'd better fucking win.

Kankurette

Van Veenendaal's done her shoulder, so that's a huge kick in the teeth.

imitationleather

Italy getting a serious pasting from France. 4:0 and it's not even half time

imitationleather

Kankurette

They did get a pity goal at least.

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on July 09, 2022, 05:55:47 PMTried to get Portugal v Switzerland tickets earlier today. Sold out. Just stuck the telly on and the stadium's barely half full.

See also Belgium v Iceland today. Well, maybe not half full but there were loads of empty seats for a game that was supposedly sold out. I suppose with tickets being so cheap a decent number of people snapped them up early and then decided they had other things to do.

Really entertaining tournament so far. Haven't seen a boring game yet.

jamiefairlie

Corporate tickets account for lots of the empty seats.

Quote from: jamiefairlie on July 10, 2022, 10:46:59 PMCorporate tickets account for lots of the empty seats.

I think you're right about the game at the Man City Academy Stadium yesterday as the empty seats were all in the same bit on the halfway line, but for other matches they've been dotted all over the place.

The games obviously are sold out, so it's frustrating that there isn't a resale platform.

Brian Freeze

I think if my maths is right then there were around 6,500 empties in Sheffield on satdy night - which will be extremely frustrating for those who  would have turned up if they'd bought one.

England looking very impressive against Norway right now. 2-0!

Quote from: Brian Freeze on July 11, 2022, 07:36:02 PMI think if my maths is right then there were around 6,500 empties in Sheffield on satdy night - which will be extremely frustrating for those who  would have turned up if they'd bought one.

Yeah, it really is. I know a few people who never considered going, are enjoying watching it on TV, have looked what games they can get to and then find that they're (mostly) sold out.

imitationleather

Norway getting battered.

DocDaneeka

Liv Ullmann, Sigrid and Lene the singer out of Aqua your girls are taking a hell of a beating.

Thursday

If this lot beat Norther Ireland 4-1 then oof...

Thursday

Fucking hell! This is brilliant.

shoulders

This is really impressive. Norway aren't crap by any means but just shellshocked.

Fuck me, it's 6

Norway totally gone

Thursday

Unfortunately it's now reached the point where the conversation will be that such heavy wins are "not a good advertisement for the women's game."

imitationleather

shoulders

Ouch, Charlton facelift on that sub. Looks like a chipmunk that's been drugged and trafficked.

Kankurette

Norway? More like SNOREWAY amirite.

Hegerberg must be kicking herself. Fuck me, she's actually playing and they're STILL getting battered.

Loved every minute of that. Even when they slowed it down a bit in the second half they created loads of chances and double figures wouldn't have been unfair. A magnificent performance against a team who are only three places below us in the FIFA rankings.

It felt like a bit of a moment too - lots of friends who don't usually watch women's football were texting me during it.

It's also pretty refreshing to watch England play at a major tournament without them showing the #limbs at Boxpark Croydon at half-time.