Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2022

Started by Wayman C. McCreery, July 06, 2022, 10:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: shoulders on August 01, 2022, 05:39:10 PMHow can an optically, ethically sound England sporting victory be realised?

Over to you...

With quiet, humble contemplation. A single article per event. A raising of a metaphorical glass, a quick wave of the flag and doff of the bowler hat. Back to work on Monday morn.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Kankurette on August 01, 2022, 06:49:45 PMI don't know what's more tedious, the 'England women are imperialist' discourse or the 'women's football is woke nonsense' discourse.

Nothing imperialist. What gets my goat is the rinse and repeat triumph over adversity wringing from every angle. I'd prefer it if Gazza had won the World Cup - that would have set the tone for what an inglorious, non-partisan celebration would look like...but without the fake breasts.

BlodwynPig

Fishing rod and a murderer hiding out in a remote drainage pipe - England, My England
Tik Tok dancing in Trafalgar Square and a Jonathan Pearce eulogy 'for the ages' - nah

greencalx

Head Gardener

Sarge

Someone seems to have 'deported' the footage of the medal presentation ceremony as far as I can tell?