Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:49:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Kim Noble's New Show At The Soho Theatre In September

Started by Small Man Big Horse, July 06, 2022, 12:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on September 28, 2022, 11:37:09 PMThanks for the review ^. Was there any bits where it seems like he clearly evolved his style or have all three shows had very similar formats? I know Noble & Silver was pretty varied in execution (haven't watched it in about 15 years, mind) but I was a bit surprised how well put together the technical side of this show seemed.

It's a good question, but my memory is notoriously poor. It did feel like it was a lot more prop based, what with the foxes, the maggot tv studio, the tiny laptop, the microwave and of course the squirrel's contributions, and I don't think he's ever interacted with a made up character like that before. That said in the last show he did speak to a projection of his mum's face on a bucket a lot, and there were still a lot of clips of him filming himself and others when he shouldn't have been. This time there was barely any audience interaction whereas before he'd used it a couple of times (including making someone sit on a chair with a bucket on their head for the aforementioned chats with his mother), and in the first show he did a sort of competition where if the person got the question right they won a microwave - but the catch was they had to leave the show there and then, which when I saw it they really didn't want to do, and it took the involvement of a member of the Soho Theatre to lead them out. One other thing is that I don't recall the other shows having any animation in them - but on that front I could be completely wrong...

All of which combined made it seem more like performance art than the other two had, but as mentioned above, it didn't feel quite so genuine, quite so bleak, which for Kim is a good thing but it meant it didn't have the emotional impact that the other two shows had (for me, at least).