Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Boys From The Black Stuff

Started by Endicott, July 06, 2022, 08:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

Four becoming a dedicated archive channel?  Very interesting idea.

sevendaughters

depends what it is an archive for. If it's endless Simon Reeve and Michael Portillo reruns then stick it.

saw the last episode of Boys for the first time in decades the other day. fuckin weird innit! and yet weirdly right, the whole shake my hand thing.

shiftwork2

The Green Man scene exists in a wonderful fever dream.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: shiftwork2 on July 18, 2022, 12:32:00 PMFour becoming a dedicated archive channel?  Very interesting idea.

This was announced just over a year ago - for cost-cutting reasons, it will only show archive programming and a small number of live events.

The channel will also be moving to online only at some stage.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Ignatius_S on July 18, 2022, 01:05:20 PMThis was announced just over a year ago - for cost-cutting reasons, it will only show archive programming and a small number of live events.

The channel will also be moving to online only at some stage.

Always dependable with the info, thanks.

Sonny_Jim

Just finished watching all these last night.  My favourite is the first one, by far.  Also found it hard to reconcile Yozzas character from the first and last episodes, they didn't feel like the same character ('gizza job'), but I guess that's the point and holy shit what a performance by yer man Titanic Captain.

beanheadmcginty

Can't believe this turned out not to be a programme about the McWhirter twins.

Sonny_Jim

I made this after watching it, it's a very sampleable film.

https://soundcloud.com/sonny_jim/yozza

It's a WIP so it's a bit rough and not finished, I keep on getting distracted by other things.

ollyboro

David Nielsen, aka Roy Cropper,crops up as a Dhss investigator and Sam Kelly is brilliant as the frazzled landlord hosting the wake.

The Middlesbrough hotel featured in the original Play For Today was the Marton Country Club. It was owned by Charlie Amer, ex-chairman of Middlesbrough FC. He was suspected by many to have misappropriated funds from the Club during the building of a sports hall attached to Ayresome Park, thus contributing to the Club's liquidation in 1986. The hotel mysteriously burned down three years ago; rumours suggested an insurance job.

The land is rumoured to have been purchased by LIDL. A happy ending. Fucking Yay.

Endicott

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on July 30, 2022, 10:34:59 AMI made this after watching it, it's a very sampleable film.

https://soundcloud.com/sonny_jim/yozza

It's a WIP so it's a bit rough and not finished, I keep on getting distracted by other things.

With bonus Michael Angelis. This is good.

Sonny_Jim

Thanks mate, means a lot.  Total lack of enthusiasm for music making at the moment but comments like that certainly help fix that ;)