Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2022 Tory leadership election

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 08, 2022, 04:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which turd will become the next PM?

Turdy Turdnak, Johnson's  former Turdscraper
3 (3.9%)
Lizturd 'Trussalon' Turdruss, Turd Secretary (a turd)
11 (14.5%)
Penny Mordaunt, the more she done the more she dern't
1 (1.3%)
"Fondling" Ron, the 'Wayne Rooney Sponsored Wankathon' Ron and his wife Non-Ron
5 (6.6%)
Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Simpson
3 (3.9%)
The putrefying corpse of Jimmy Savile, he is a paedo and a necrophile
2 (2.6%)
All of the above
1 (1.3%)
Grant Schnapps
1 (1.3%)
A praying mantis with its cock out
6 (7.9%)
A pipette of iodine squirting through the darkening veins of a potato clock
5 (6.6%)
Louis Tussaud
3 (3.9%)
Oh yes, I'm the great bell-ender / Resetting all vote counts like a clowne
14 (18.4%)
Dresden and its twin-town Other Dresden
4 (5.3%)
C UNTC UNTC UNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTC
17 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Fambo Number Mive

With Sunak having through his hat into the soiled ring, claiming that he got into politics because he wants everyone to the same opportunities as him, I think it is time for a thread on the upcoming leadership election.

The 1922 Committee will set out the timeframe and what challenges - It's a Knockout, arm wrestling, biscuit game - will be used by the party to whittle the longlist of venal cunts down to a shortlist of two venal cunts, which the gammon membership will then vote on.

It will be nice to watch Tory members trade criticisms of each other, although these criticisms are never used against them by the other parties. No "During the leadership debates, X said about Y..."

Who will Johnson endorse? Will Nadine Dorries run? How many of the election debates will be on GB News?

Pink Gregory

Fambo Number Mive

Mark Harper is backing Rishi Sunak to rebuild the economy. Wasn't Sunak responsible for the UK economy for most of Johnson's government?

Harper says he is also backing Sunak to "restore trust", despite Sunak breaching lockdown regulations.

Captain Z

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 08, 2022, 04:54:50 PMraoul moat

Just heard Gazza has turned up at the Raoul Moat situation with chicken and a fishing rod

Fambo Number Mive

Actually, maybe Wallace won't do so well:

Tory being nice about non-Tory? The members and their media mouthpieces won't like that

(image via @AaronBastani)

bgmnts

BIT FUCKING LATE NOW WALLACE CUNT.

Stigdu

Fambo Number Mive

He's doing well in terms of picking up MP supporters so far, but I wonder if some of the members who loved Johnson will blame him in part for Johnson's resignation.

Butchers Blind

JamesTC

Stigdu

Video Game Fan 2000

is that Rishi video viral marketing for the new Nathan Fielder thing

Virgo76

PM M.P to be next P.M.
Penny Mordaunt.

Armed Traffic Warden

Shock twist - Jeremy Corbyn. Putting my house on it, or my energy bill, whichever is worth more.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteRishi Sunak has launched his leadership bid and with it a new website, Ready4Rishi.com, to promote his campaign.

We checked the history of the domain name for Ready4Rishi.com and found it was registered on Wednesday, 6 July - the day after Sunak quit as chancellor and the day before Boris Johnson resigned as Conservative Party leader.

We also checked the history of the similarly-named ReadyForRishi.com, which redirects to Ready4Rishi.com.

We don't know who set ReadyForRishi.com up, but that domain name was registered on 23 December, 2021, long before Sunak quit...

Virgo76

She's a Braverman than I'll ever be.

bgmnts

Ha! I mean it's career politics, you'd have to assume all of these bastards constantly have their eye on that top job and are always angling for it. Must be like being in Hitler's inner circle.

And yes I believe people like Sunak and Patel are infinitely more dangerous than sugar puff johnsons, so i'm shit scared now. 

Video Game Fan 2000

is he expecting to fight an election or summat

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 08, 2022, 05:33:46 PM
QuoteRishi Sunak has launched his leadership bid and with it a new website, Ready4Rishi.com, to promote his campaign.

We checked the history of the domain name for Ready4Rishi.com and found it was registered on Wednesday, 6 July - the day after Sunak quit as chancellor and the day before Boris Johnson resigned as Conservative Party leader.

We also checked the history of the similarly-named ReadyForRishi.com, which redirects to Ready4Rishi.com.

We don't know who set ReadyForRishi.com up, but that domain name was registered on 23 December, 2021, long before Sunak quit...

I watched the video he's slung up on twitter and find it hard to believe that video was made in the last 48 hours.
https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1545426650032111616

The domain name stuff could be a red-herring though, they could've had the site commissioned and running unregistered or on a different domain and then bought that when he pulled the trigger on the campaign to make it look like he hadn't been planning it for a while.

Pinball

As Keir Starmer said, it's Charge of the Lightweight Brigade.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA whistleblower says a focus group authorised by Rishi Sunak under a £500,000 taxpayer-funded deal was an attempt to argue the Tory party should not be blamed for the cost of living crisis.

The participant has told The Independent of his "disgust" over what he described as an attempt to frame an argument that the government could not have done more to prevent the crisis...

The Treasury has defended the focus groups against criticism of the vast cost by arguing they "measure the understanding of policies" – but the man said he was never asked about any policies.

Instead, the group was told its purpose was to "determine whether the Conservative party can be held accountable for the cost of living problems you have experienced", he alleged.

The seven participants, at the 90-minute session held in the West Midlands in late April, were then asked if they agreed that "no government could have acted to prevent the cost of living crisis".

"I was shocked and disgusted by what happened, which seemed to be an attempt to indoctrinate the group," said the whistleblower, who was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rishi-sunak-focus-groups-whistleblower-b2113049.html

Cold Meat Platter

I am deeply suspicious of any ex-armed forces people that haven't had an 'are we the baddies?' moment.

shoulders

I have to say my vote is going to Cumturds Pus.

shoulders

Also, weird how that honest, integrity led character Rishi Sunak has such a flash out of the hutch leadership campaign arranged in only 48 hours.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 08, 2022, 05:50:36 PMI watched the video he's slung up on twitter and find it hard to believe that video was made in the last 48 hours.
https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1545426650032111616

it is hilarious how flashy it is. Impeccacle delivery. The Union Jack flying over westminster thats a video when a lesser production wouldve just Ken Burnsd a still. And that stock plinky plonky music. So inspiring.

LET'S GET READY TO RISHI!!!!

Fambo Number Mive

Article in the Metro by journalist Rebecca Seal calls for the next goverment to be run by women running the PTA:

Quote'What would happen if all the women running school summer fairs went into politics?

'They're dynamite and they know how to get things done for no money, when no one wants to do them, with no messing. Let's quit our tombola-discussing WhatsApp groups and sort out the country instead.'

I sent this tweet on Wednesday (well, a slightly swearier version) and it's been seen over a million times so far, and extraordinarily for Twitter, few people seem to be disagreeing with it.

Screengrabs are apparently being shared in school fair and Parent Teacher Association (PTA) WhatsApp groups up and down the land...That's why I think these women should be the ones to replace Boris...

Obviously, it's not just women who fundraise for schools, but they do form the majority of the organising committees...

oggyraiding

Why do MPs make a big deal about their parents being immigrants and/or tool makers? I don't give a fuck if your mam's a pharmacist, it means nothing to me. A distraction.

Dr Trouser

Jesus, if you were Rishi why would you bother? Stay home let the wife go out and earn millions, have a smoke and Xbox (plus crafty wank), then tell the staff to pick up the kids.

Why the fuck would you want the hassle of all this?