Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2022 Tory leadership election

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 08, 2022, 04:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which turd will become the next PM?

Turdy Turdnak, Johnson's  former Turdscraper
3 (3.9%)
Lizturd 'Trussalon' Turdruss, Turd Secretary (a turd)
11 (14.5%)
Penny Mordaunt, the more she done the more she dern't
1 (1.3%)
"Fondling" Ron, the 'Wayne Rooney Sponsored Wankathon' Ron and his wife Non-Ron
5 (6.6%)
Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Simpson
3 (3.9%)
The putrefying corpse of Jimmy Savile, he is a paedo and a necrophile
2 (2.6%)
All of the above
1 (1.3%)
Grant Schnapps
1 (1.3%)
A praying mantis with its cock out
6 (7.9%)
A pipette of iodine squirting through the darkening veins of a potato clock
5 (6.6%)
Louis Tussaud
3 (3.9%)
Oh yes, I'm the great bell-ender / Resetting all vote counts like a clowne
14 (18.4%)
Dresden and its twin-town Other Dresden
4 (5.3%)
C UNTC UNTC UNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTCUNTC UNTC
17 (22.4%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 05, 2022, 07:30:27 PMWessy Boy on the news saying "All summer [Truss has] created a whole series of hostages to fortune to herself by making a whole series of pledges.. to appeal to party members".

Funny, he doesn't normally have a problem with leaders not keeping to pledges.

Don't worry, I have a feeling he'll be bringing it up soon.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: jobotic on September 05, 2022, 07:09:04 PMYeah of course, but Braverman is taking over. Another psychopath.

While she is a disaster of a human being, Braverman has the distinction of being even thicker than Truss. Which takes some doing.

Sebastian Cobb

Is Patel the clever one in this scenario‽

jobotic

Excuse me, she's Attorney General, she can hardly be thick.

Bet you're not even Attorney Sargeant

Zero Gravitas

Interrobang, nice.

Hard to believe it has only been three Priti years, I'm not sure clever as much as a face saving reaction to her looming replacement.

Seems like only yesterday she was sacked for committing treason.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: jobotic on September 05, 2022, 07:54:58 PMExcuse me, she's Attorney General, she can hardly be thick.

Bet you're not even Attorney Sargeant

Actually I think you'll find I'm Attorney Admiral. I have a big hat.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: BlodwynPig on September 05, 2022, 06:41:38 PMWhen's the Miss Truss(t) thread starting?

Can't Truss(t) This
hammerpants.gif

Was best I could do so didn't

Quote from: Alberon on September 05, 2022, 06:59:50 PMI don't think there was any great conspiracy to give the leadership to some thick person to take the fall and then install the true leader after she's gone. That's giving them far too much credit.

All of them will fight like mad to grab the title even when it's the poison chalice to end all poison chalices.

yeah. Like one could develop a conspiracy theory around why there so many candidates (six or seven, IIRC? was it to split the moderate vote and ensure a right winger got through?), but actually Occams Razor says it's more likely they were all motivated entirely by careerism.

imitationleather

Once they've reached being PM they'll always be in the history books and have their photo on that staircase in Downing Street (which must have got incredibly cramped in the past decade), and that's all that matters to them.

Jittlebags

Surely though, going down in history as being a worse PM than a pint of piss doesn't do too much for the ego. But, I expect these fuckers are just delusional.

Jittlebags

Hope she revives Gordon's old tradition of sticking a banger up The Chief Mouser's arse for Bonfire Night.

dr beat

Just catching up on Truss' speech. Her podium is made of Lego.

dr beat

Oh well at least we've got the Danes behind us.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe co-director of Liz Truss's campaign has been lobbying the UK government on behalf of Libya's controversial parliament and a company that won the biggest PPE deal of the pandemic through the VIP fast-track lane.

Mark Fullbrook, an ally of Boris Johnson's former strategist Lynton Crosby, is expected to enter Downing Street as Truss's chief of staff after working on her campaign this summer.

The political consultant set up his own company, Fullbrook Strategies, this spring and has since been lobbying the UK government. His clients included Libya's house of representatives, which has twice attempted to overthrow the UN-established government of national unity in Tripoli, and Sante Global, formerly Unispace Health, which was awarded a £680m PPE contract in 2020.

The parliament, which was last elected in 2014, is seen by some as a block on democratic elections in Libya, and is allied to the rival government in the east of the country, which is seeking recognition from the UK and others.

When Libya's elections were postponed last year, the UK's diplomatic mission in Libya published a message on its Twitter account saying it continued to recognise the interim government of national unity "as the authority tasked with leading Libya to elections and does not endorse the establishment of parallel governments or institutions".

Fullbrook Strategies also lobbied this year on behalf of Sante Global, formerly known as Unispace Health, which was one of the biggest beneficiaries of Covid contracts during the pandemic to the tune of £680m, despite having previously been a subsidiary of an Australian office design company.

Unispace was referred to the VIP lane for fast-tracking Covid PPE offers from companies, with the referral disclosed as having come from "GCF Covid-19 Enquiries, mailbox, Cabinet Office".

In February, the Department for Health said Unispace Health, now Sante Global, had supplied the NHS with £484m worth of items of PPE from April 2020 till December 2021, adding: "We are working with the company on a commercial resolution for the remainder of the contract." In June, the government said it had "established a contract dissolution team to maximise the value obtained from contracts for personal protective equipment".

Chris Bryant, Labour MP and chair of the standards committee, said Fullbrook should "come clean on all his financial interests and clients over the last year before he gets into Downing Street".

A spokesperson for the Truss campaign said: "All commercial clients of Fullbrook Strategies Ltd are declared on the UK Lobbying Register. The company suspended commercial activities on 31 August."...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/sep/05/liz-truss-chief-staff-lobbied-libyan-parliament-ppe

Spudgun

My predictions:

1) Promises, promises turn to dust
2) Election pledges turn to rust
3) Dustbin for Liz Truss

Fambo Number Mive

pigamus

Quote from: Spudgun on September 05, 2022, 10:04:17 PMMy predictions:

1) Promises, promises turn to dust
2) Election pledges turn to rust
3) Dustbin for Liz Truss

Don't marry her, fuck me

Alberon

Quote from: imitationleather on September 05, 2022, 09:13:41 PMOnce they've reached being PM they'll always be in the history books and have their photo on that staircase in Downing Street (which must have got incredibly cramped in the past decade), and that's all that matters to them.

Just tape a Polaroid beneath Johnson's portrait. That'll do.

Buelligan

Replies From View

lipsink

Boris' plane took an age to take off as it probably struggled to lift the fat cunt.

Replies From View

Quote from: lipsink on September 06, 2022, 08:35:54 AMBoris' plane took an age to take off as it probably struggled to lift the fat cunt.

Apparently he was a fat, entitled, cigar-chomping baby as well, and upon dropping him off at his birthplace his stork wished a premature death upon him.

idunnosomename

Quote from: walktothewater on September 05, 2022, 06:15:39 PMWell, it's possible. Wealthy trust fund kid who joins the Tories to take the piss? I assume not every single member is over 90. The fees are only £25 a year.
more likely from the children of decrepit parents opening their mail for them

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 06, 2022, 12:51:55 PMmore likely from the children of decrepit parents opening their mail for them

Unlikely to be very left wing if they are anticipating a hefty inheritance at some point.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Replies From View on September 06, 2022, 12:54:56 PMUnlikely to be very left wing if they are anticipating a hefty inheritance at some point.
they could be FBPE brainwormers who voted lib dem in 2019 and they write "YOU BLOODY COCKWOMBLES" on it

Replies From View