Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:19:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Undeclared War (C4)

Started by KennyMonster, July 08, 2022, 09:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyMonster

Simon Pegg
Mark Rylance
Kerry Godliman.

Anyone else watching this dreck*?

I already know ooooh Russia bad, UK good and noble thank you.

Tell me a new story please.

*Unless there's some big reveal/rug pull soon, that is.

kitsofan34

Thank you GCHQ for invading our privacy on a ceasless basis protecting us and keeping this fair isle safe.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It's utterly laughable. Kosminsky has made some good things in the past, but this is all so dry and stilted. There are no characters to speak of, just a bunch of dreary ciphers reciting stats while frowning at each other.

There was a great bit in episode one where Kosminsky ramped up some dramatic music while people gazed listlessly at a computer screen. Cue ad break. "I wonder what will happen next?!" thought no one to themselves

I dunno what's happened to him, he used to have a knack for devising thoughtful political dramas you could actually invest it. And yeah, its blatantly pro GCHQ message is unforgivable.

It's like watching a really shit, boring UK version of 24, but at least the latter never took itself seriously (or rather, liberal wetwipes such as myself could enjoy 24 by convincing ourselves that it was just a stupid piece of entertainment, albeit one devised by right-wing twats).

KennyMonster

I thought the fact checking is so dire that it can't be written by anyone experienced surely!?!

Do GCHQ let a new work experience person in onto a major incident meeting mere minutes after they've started?

In reality there's people who go to their graves not allowed to discuss their work with anyone outside of the section they work(ed) in, even if they're still GCHQ colleagues.

In the latest episode I've watched online the American NSA woman brings the hacker from that website on site
'through the back entrance so security won't see you'

Really? Anyone can just pop into GCHQ so long as they use the back door can they?

Anyway, remember
Russia bad

Russia TV is fake news.

Uk and GCHQ is double plus good.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: KennyMonster on July 12, 2022, 11:48:24 AMI thought the fact checking is so dire that it can't be written by anyone experienced surely!?!

Am sure I read this was based on something like 5 years research. It is terrible. It's so bad I'd quite like 6 pages of saying "well what about the bit when....".

I hope Richard Herring asks Simon Pegg about it next time he's on RHLSTP.

I did wonder if it started as something much better and got watered down and down for some reason. The budget looks to be something I could afford to fund (with particular reference to any crowd scenes).

MrMrs

Had to dig up this thread to say this so shite

Mobius

I stumbled across a blurb of this yesterday and thought hmm that sounds quite an interesting show, I like this sort of thing.

so thanks for bumping this thread and saving my time watching this.

Alberon

The only notable thing about this show, just for me admittedly, is that my cousin announced on Facebook that Simon Pegg was playing him in a new drama because he shares the character's name.