Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bill Burr: Live At Red Rocks

Started by MortSahlFan, July 13, 2022, 02:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

The first act = good
The second act = "The Trip" = one of his best
The third act = lesbians (very weak, it's going on too long)

Final 5 minutes is very "current" and good. This special is better than his last couple. I think his first specials were his best, getting better until the b&w one hitting his peak, and then not able to hit.

It helps if you also hear the podcast, because you'll recognize a real "true story"

https://youtu.be/GzFBZY_wEMQ

Dr Rock

I thought it was one of his better specials compared to the last couple

up_the_hampipe

I was at the taping for Paper Tiger so I have a bias towards that one, but this was definitely better than Walk Your Way Out. There were some bits that felt too recycled from previous specials, and a bit of the ol' cancel culture whining but I did enjoy the more personal moments. What an adorable ball of Boston rage he is.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 13, 2022, 06:16:37 PMI was at the taping for Paper Tiger so I have a bias towards that one, but this was definitely better than Walk Your Way Out. There were some bits that felt too recycled from previous specials, and a bit of the ol' cancel culture whining but I did enjoy the more personal moments. What an adorable ball of Boston rage he is.

That's so cool you were at the taping.

If you like the personal stuff, check this out:

popcorn

Quote from: MortSahlFan on July 13, 2022, 02:33:36 PMIt helps if you also hear the podcast, because you'll recognize a real "true story"

What podcast?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: MortSahlFan on July 14, 2022, 01:53:39 PMThat's so cool you were at the taping.

If you like the personal stuff, check this out:

Always been fascinated by that clip and how his relationship with his father has evolved over the years. In Paper Tiger, he tells the Christmas story in a much more jovial way and laughs about it.

dontpaintyourteeth

the only bill burr things i am aware of are breaking bad, and some youtube clip where he "destroys" a heckler. is he actually good? any good standup shows or albums i need in my life?

bgmnts

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 14, 2022, 02:57:31 PMthe only bill burr things i am aware of are breaking bad, and some youtube clip where he "destroys" a heckler. is he actually good? any good standup shows or albums i need in my life?

As American stand ups go he's okay. Prefer hearing him just talk absolute bollocks on his podcast for ages.

bgmnts

First five minutes of this and he's doing cancel culture and pandemic material. He better not let me down.

But then God knows where comedy is going now stand up wise, Stavros Halkias' act seems to just be crowd work in tik tok. So I dunno if I'll even be interested in comedy once the likes of Burr are shovelled into a grave.

somersetchris

Quote from: bgmnts on July 14, 2022, 06:56:15 PMSo I dunno if I'll even be interested in comedy once the likes of Burr are shovelled into a grave.

Yes there's definitely going to be a shortage of middle aged white guys moaning about cancel culture.

bgmnts

Quote from: somersetchris on July 14, 2022, 11:00:45 PMYes there's definitely going to be a shortage of middle aged white guys moaning about cancel culture.

Well not after they're dead and I'm still kicking. I think it'll be all algorithms and social media now.