Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:10:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rhod Gilbert being treated for cancer

Started by Bronzy, July 14, 2022, 08:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronzy

Just noticed this on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62167691

Hopefully it's nothing too serious and he can recover quickly.

As an aside - fuck me, it's not even a year since Sean Lock passed away.

bgmnts

QuoteThe 53-year-old from Carmarthen said he is a patient at Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff - a hospital he is a patron of and has fundraised for

Quite a forward thinking plan!

Seriously though hope he pulls through.

Cancer is fucking shite innit? It's so random.

selectivememory

Probably the greatest ever contestant on Taskmaster. Not that familiar with the rest of his work to be honest, but his appearance on that show was overall one of the funniest comedy performances I've ever seen.

Get well soon Rhod.

There was a show recently featuring Rhod, maybe comic relief related, where he was involved in building a kids activity centre. He was almost over emotional. It felt like something was up with the chap health wise. Hope the treatment goes well for him.

Snrub

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on July 15, 2022, 08:01:34 AMThere was a show recently featuring Rhod, maybe comic relief related, where he was involved in building a kids activity centre. He was almost over emotional. It felt like something was up with the chap health wise. Hope the treatment goes well for him.

Think it was DIY SOS - he took over as Nick Knowles had to step down temporarily after doing a Shreddies advert that was too much like DIY SOS. Yes seriously.

Always loved Rhod when I've seen him in things - which hasn't been often enough really. His Work Experience series was always very charming when I watched it especially. He did get emotional in some of those as well. Seems like a good guy, hope he gets well soon.

Chudraa

Quote from: Snrub on July 15, 2022, 08:53:47 AMHis Work Experience series was always very charming when I watched it especially. He did get emotional in some of those as well. Seems like a good guy, hope he gets well soon.

The care worker episode of Work Experience is amazing. I highly recommend it

The Mollusk

He has ADHD which is known for its poor emotional regulation, so that may explain why he gets tearful easily. I can strongly relate and have a lot of respect to him for being open about his neurodivergence.

bgmnts

Some people are just overemotional and that's fine. I need to cry over almost nothing these days.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: selectivememory on July 14, 2022, 10:54:42 PMProbably the greatest ever contestant on Taskmaster. Not that familiar with the rest of his work to be honest, but his appearance on that show was overall one of the funniest comedy performances I've ever seen.
I rewatched his series recently and he's definitely one of the greats. His relationship with Greg was the gift that kept on giving - particularly the "creepiest thing" prize task.

I don't think I've seen much of his standup or presenting work, but he's a reliable presence on the panel shows, with his boisterous, take-no-shit attitude.

Best of luck to him.

Quote from: Chudraa on July 15, 2022, 09:14:02 AMThe care worker episode of Work Experience is amazing. I highly recommend it

The teaching one is also great. To the extent that he's even previously said he may consider quitting stand up in the future to pursue it. Here's hoping he sticks around long enough to be able to do it.

Armed Traffic Warden

Good news, everyone!

Rhod is on the mend

Though of course nothing it certain in these things. Nonetheless, reason for cheer.