Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:58:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sneakerhead (UKTV)

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 15, 2022, 01:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Anyone else watched this? Its unfortunate it has the name as a much more famous series. There are 3 episodes up on UKTV.

It's about a worker in a sports clothing shop who is a complete pushover, who gets made up to manager. His colleagues are mainly totally demotivated and up to all sorts of weird stuff.

Stars Hugo Chegwin, Big Zuu,Francesca Mills, Alexa Davies, Lucia Keskin,and Mark Silcox.

I'm a bit fan of the comedy sketches Lucia Keskin does on her youtube channel Chi with a C, that's what motivated me to watch this.

Watched all 3 episodes and it is ok, although I feel really sorry for the main character all the time. If he wasnt shat on so much I think I would enjoy it more. The acting is really good from everyone. Quite a few laughs. I'd recommend it.

godber

I've enjoyed the first episode so far and planning to watch the rest.

It's fairly formulaic but I think there's a warmth and likeability to all the characters. The lead is played very similar to his roles in PJDN and The Curse but it's lovely to watch him stumble along.

The sneakerheads theme was played pretty hard in the opening scenes but petered out - I can see that makes it more accessible, but the sneakerhead in me wanted more of it.

Thought the Guardian's 2* review was harsh, worth at least one more star.

Speak

Watched all 3 episodes last night. It was an easy watch which gave me a few chuckles, but ultimately felt slightly pointless. Didn't really bring much new to the table that hasn't been done to death before.

I found Peacock (Alan Seapa/Grindah's TV show) to be a bit more original. It covered aspects of modern masculinity/vulnerability in more depth.

I love PJDN and all the guys involved, but do agree with that Guardian review that there is some magic missing now they've moved away from their familiar "authentic" origins. (not including Asim Chaudhry who has managed to move onto other ventures with no issue at all)

I hope the other guys weather the storm of transition and continue to make things for years to come. They seem like lovely blokes, and they have a great knack for exposing the vulnerability of the modern man child.