Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:13:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bust Down

Started by Ron Superior, July 17, 2022, 01:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Sadly, posting this was prompted by noticing that one of the cast has just died, but has anyone here watched Bust Down? It's on Peacock. There were only 6 episodes, and I'd imagine there won't be any more now which is a shame cos I thought they were great fun. Some episodes were better than others but it was consistently funny, and approached some big subjects from an interesting angle.

Created by and starring Chris Redd from SNL, Sam Jay from Pause, Langston Kerman from Insecure, The Boys and his really funny podcast My Momma Told Me, and the sadly now late Jak Knight. Jak was the only one I wasn't familiar with going in to the show but he was an absolute presence on the show and I did a deep dive in to his work as soon as I finished all 6 episodes in one day. So sad.

The show also featured a great turn from the rapper Freddie Gibbs.

Definitely worth checking out.

Small Man Big Horse

Ah, fuck, I interviewed Jak by email back in 2018, our exchanges were only minor but he came across as a really nice guy and I was really pleased to see his career take off, so to die at such a young age is awful news.

up_the_hampipe

Yeah, real shame about Jak Knight. Really talented and quite prolific at such a young age. Love this clip that's making the rounds https://twitter.com/lmaooross/status/1548116150030319616

I've not watched Bust Down yet but love pretty much everyone involved, especially Chris Redd after seeing him live recently, so I'll check it out.

Ron Superior

Yeah, Chris was great in it. I think you'll enjoy Bust Down a good deal.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 17, 2022, 10:47:06 AMAh, fuck, I interviewed Jak by email back in 2018, our exchanges were only minor but he came across as a really nice guy and I was really pleased to see his career take off, so to die at such a young age is awful news.

Yeah, shocking, 28 man. Don't know if I've just not noticed it before or if it's a common thing these days on tweets about celebrities dying, but a significant proportion of the replies were from people either saying the likes of "yeah, it's the vaccines" or "yeah, fentanyl". Grim, shitty stuff.