Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Johnson scandal thread three - more disgusting than a pint of wee

Started by Fambo Number Mive, July 18, 2022, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Johnson signed off his final PM's questions by saying "Hasta la vista baby" and then he got lowered into molten metal. As is tradition.

Norton Canes

More like blown into a crescent of silver by a grenade, toppling into a vat of molten metal and screaming in agony as the faces of all those he's shafted emerge from his churning torso

MojoJojo

Quote from: Alberon on July 18, 2022, 12:06:00 PMThe Fucker got a ride in a Typhoon jet today.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1548942946275397632

His pilot should have bailed out and let the plane nosedive in to the ground.

EDIT: Actually it was last week. Now he doesn't have to waste time defending the indefensible he can have some jollies instead like this.

Reminds me of this story: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/14/man-accidentally-ejects-himself-from-fighter-jet-during-surprise-flight

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson ended his last PMQs by saying haste la vista baby and Tory MPs gave him a standing ovation. No doubt the DUP, who voted confidence in the government, did as well.

Absolutely revolting.

steveh

There are rumours Lebedev has set him up to be the new editor of the Evening Standard, whose current editor is suddenly departing.

Alberon

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 20, 2022, 04:57:45 PMJohnson ended his last PMQs by saying haste la vista baby and Tory MPs gave him a standing ovation. No doubt the DUP, who voted confidence in the government, did as well.

Absolutely revolting.

One Tory who did not applaud him was Theresa May.

I wonder why?

Fambo Number Mive

Great clip of Truss giving Johnson a standing ovation for Labour to lose at the next election.

Fambo Number Mive

According to Dorries the cabinet gave Johnson some first editions of Churchill's books.

Alberon

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 20, 2022, 04:57:45 PMJohnson ended his last PMQs by saying haste la vista baby and Tory MPs gave him a standing ovation. No doubt the DUP, who voted confidence in the government, did as well.

Absolutely revolting.

Are we back to "Legend Boris" already in the public's consciousness?

"He weren't that bad, legend...!"

"BRING BACK BORIS!" the crowds are shouting outside No. 10, Keir Starmer nervously peering out of an upper floor window.

Fambo Number Mive

Not so sure about the public, I think it's more Tory MPs being worried about upsetting Tory members, who are mostly pro Johnson.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Johnson stays on as an MP, but gets himself a weekly primetime TV slot as basically a chilled out entertainer to consolidate his LOLBORIS public persona, then tries to have another go at leader when Truss (because it will definitely be Truss) drains all public support for the Tories.

Even if it doesn't work, at least maybe Carrie will stick with him for longer.

beanheadmcginty

Surely there's more suitable Arnie quotes he could have used?

"It is not a tumour" or "Consider that a divorce" or "I lied"?

poo

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on July 20, 2022, 10:23:56 PMSurely there's more suitable Arnie quotes he could have used?

"Talk to the Hand"

would be like when blair redeemed himself by doing the 'am I bovverd' sketch.

Armed Traffic Warden

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on July 20, 2022, 10:23:56 PMSurely there's more suitable Arnie quotes he could have used?

For the love of god, not "I'll be back".

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: poo on July 20, 2022, 10:55:57 PM"Pointless human bollard" was good though

Apart from the deep state conspiracy he was sowing with it, yes.

shoulders

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: Darles Chickens on July 20, 2022, 10:22:00 PMIt wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Johnson stays on as an MP, but gets himself a weekly primetime TV slot as basically a chilled out entertainer to consolidate his LOLBORIS public persona, then tries to have another go at leader when Truss (because it will definitely be Truss) drains all public support for the Tories.

Even if it doesn't work, at least maybe Carrie will stick with him for longer.

Given the economic problems ahead, mostly inflation and mostly externally caused, I'd imagine Truss/Sunak winning the next election is fairly unlikely.  Once they go, who exactly is left whose not horribly tainted? Boris might make it back after all.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Jerrykeshton on July 21, 2022, 09:30:15 AMGiven the economic problems ahead, mostly inflation and mostly externally caused, I'd imagine Truss/Sunak winning the next election is fairly unlikely.  Once they go, who exactly is left whose not horribly tainted? Boris might make it back after all.

I don't know why anyone thinks johnson will return, he has been kicked out less than 3 years into a gov with a big majority, they would have to be at complete and utter rock bottom to even consider it in the future. They got rid because they now know he is actually damaging them, I just don't see it, he won't change now and he would just damage them further.

Alberon

The reason they went for the chancer in the first place was he was popular in the country. He's hoping a couple of years out of the limelight will let the public forget about his crimes and then he'll come back triumphantly to rescue his ego the Tory Party.

I'd like to see him try as he'd fail horribly.

Replies From View

I suspect that if he comes back it'll be via an independent party, not via the Tories.  He'll be a fringe-interest Nigel Farage type.

But my guess is that he'll just doss around on the back benches for a bit, he'll have a few supporters sitting with him, he'll troll whatever the government is doing for a while and ultimately just quit politics and earn a shit load of money doing whatever else.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

yeah he's probably got it in his head he'll have some heroic 1951-55 return, but it'll dawn on him the amount of effort required and hopefully sack it off

Buelligan

Maybe his ambition is a state funeral.  Why not cut out the middle man?  Bring it right forward.  Not doing much tomorrow, if I'm honest.

All stand along the route.  State of that.

Replies From View

Imagine the shape of his coffin.  The worms will think a Trojan beach ball has been lowered into their depths.

Replies From View

Pallbearers tumbling down the hill after it like those cheese chasers.