Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Ongoing Transphobia: "The Father Ted Musical Was My Pension"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, July 19, 2022, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

buttgammon

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on August 04, 2022, 07:35:49 PMI assume Linehan has denounced Monty Python as perverts then?

He probably takes comfort from the fact that one of the crossdressing Pythons has turned out to be a hateful old twat.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: buttgammon on August 04, 2022, 07:38:35 PMHe probably takes comfort from the fact that one of the crossdressing Pythons has turned out to be a hateful old twat.

Both Cleese and Gilliam fell on the twat side. Which sucks because I do enjoy their work.

wrec

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on August 04, 2022, 06:48:11 PMThis is exactly what happened, and they've even gone after asexual people enough times that is obvious they are lining them up as the next target (which means a) they know they'll lose eventually on this and 2) even having no sexuality at all is "deviant" to them).

How do you even campaign against asexual people? I suppose they'll try and portray them as sinister antinatalist nihilists who want to destroy the family and usher in a dystopian woke groomerist transscape.

Jollity

It's often suspiciously similar to the rhetoric about bisexual people, in that the women are just straight women looking for attention, whereas the men are just gay, but won't admit it. Funny how these "radical" "feminists" still end up assuming that everyone else's lives revolve around men (or, that everyone else is as obsessed with penises as they are)

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Ferris on August 04, 2022, 03:42:21 PMThe American Academy of Pediatrics has been captured

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/health/2022/8/3/1_6013686.html
Fuck yes. AAP out here proving things we already know, like GAY CHILDREN AREN'T TRANSING THEMSELVES SO AS NOT TO BE BULLIED, YOU STUPID FUCKERS

Quote from: wrec on August 04, 2022, 08:17:27 PMHow do you even campaign against asexual people? I suppose they'll try and portray them as sinister antinatalist nihilists who want to destroy the family and usher in a dystopian woke groomerist transscape.
About five years ago I peeked in on the asexual "discourse" on Tumblr. Apparently telling kids that asexuality is a thing means that you're telling them about sex which is what a child molester would do.

jobotic

I remember being at a union conference and identity and sexuality were being discussed. This was a few years back. A guy got up and talked about being asexual and (in my head) I chuckled and said "you can't be asexual, that's about how an organism reproduces not that you don't fancy having sex". How clever of me.

Have read up about it since and realised that isn't what it means and asexuals deserve the same respect that anyone else does. Didn't even double down and start flinging shit.

Juan K Perros

Quote from: wrec on August 04, 2022, 08:17:27 PMHow do you even campaign against asexual people? I suppose they'll try and portray them as sinister antinatalist nihilists who want to destroy the family and usher in a dystopian woke groomerist transscape.

Don't even need to mate. Rhymes with gaysexual, par for the course mate innit.

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Ferris on August 04, 2022, 03:42:21 PMThe American Academy of Pediatrics has been captured

Clues in the name innit

Turns out you can't catch gayness by brushing agaisnt a French bloke or an acrobat on the bus

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on August 04, 2022, 09:30:14 PMFuck yes. AAP out here proving things we already know, like GAY CHILDREN AREN'T TRANSING THEMSELVES SO AS NOT TO BE BULLIED, YOU STUPID FUCKERS
About five years ago I peeked in on the asexual "discourse" on Tumblr. Apparently telling kids that asexuality is a thing means that you're telling them about sex which is what a child molester would do.

That's the argument I remember seeing. Basically they don't want anyone to mention sexual identity to children, because GROOMER and BEARD or something.

It really is the old Conservative homophobia tales all over again.

wobinidan

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on August 04, 2022, 10:47:25 PMthey don't want anyone to mention sexual identity to children

Unless it's heterosexual. It's fine to have a romantic story in a film for children. As long as the boy dog and the girl dog are clearly marked, the boy being marked by being normal and the girl being marked with a pink bow.

And maybe make the girl dog sexy as well because why not.

But it doesn't count when they put hetero stuff in or tell girls to be more feminine. I mean it's ludicrous to suggest that there's any pressure on girls or boys to act a certain way. Because we live in the 21st century and gender is entirely abolished now that girls can wear jeans.

Kankurette

I wonder if some of them confuse asexual with agender.

I was at a pub quiz last night and there was a cross dressing/androgyny theme. Bananacunt would have shat his keks.

BennyHedgehog

What doesn't go on in the bedroom between two consenting adults is their business but making it my business by not doing it in public? That's a step too far

BC sharing a dick pic for his mainly feminist followers overnight.

retsuza

Out of all the things he puts no effort into, the laziest has GOT to be the things he sticks on the end of GLINNER'S TWITTERs to prove he's not thinking about trans 24/7

Genuinely don't know how its possible for someone obsessed with Twitter to not have heard about the Batgirl thing.

frajer

Good to see he puts the same amount of research in no matter what he's droning on about.

Type 'Batgirl' into your browser and spend 8 seconds reading to find the backstory, you dense bastard. How can someone who lists their primary residence as 'internet' be so shit at using it?

idunnosomename

The Batgirl movie that has cost a lot of money isnt going to be released

That's it. Even my mum knew that the other day

jobotic

Surely that "hilarious" tweet doesn't mean anything at all if you don't know the backstory.

frajer

Quote from: jobotic on August 05, 2022, 11:01:59 AMSurely that "hilarious" tweet doesn't mean anything at all if you don't know the backstory.

Too much going on to bother with trifling things like context.

So much going on.

boki

idunnosomename

Don't think Maya's father is also being best known as a litigant is mentioned enough. Especially as it's related to comedy production

Although though his big case does seem less frivolous and grifty

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: madhair60 on August 05, 2022, 11:07:59 AMFrom Glinner

,d8888b                                             
   88P'                                                 
d888888P                                               
  ?88'      88bd88b d8888b   88bd8b,d88b               
  88P       88P'  `d8P' ?88  88P'`?8P'?8b               
 d88       d88     88b  d88 d88  d88  88P               
d88'      d88'     `?8888P'd88' d88'  88b               

d8b   d8,                                   
           88P  `8P                                     
          d88                                           
 d888b8b  888    88b  88bd88b   88bd88b  d8888b  88bd88b
d8P' ?88  ?88    88P  88P' ?8b  88P' ?8bd8b_,dP  88P'  `
88b  ,88b  88b  d88  d88   88P d88   88P88b     d88     
`?88P'`88b  88bd88' d88'   88bd88'   88b`?888P'd88'     
       )88                                             
      ,88P                                             
  `?8888P                                               

The Guppy

Quote from: jobotic on August 05, 2022, 11:01:59 AMSurely that "hilarious" tweet doesn't mean anything at all if you don't know the backstory.
Her face looks funny if you imagine she has something up her bum. Bums aren't for putting things in. LOL!

Ex_GC

Quote from: retsuza on August 05, 2022, 10:54:12 AM

Out of all the things he puts no effort into, the laziest has GOT to be the things he sticks on the end of GLINNER'S TWITTERs to prove he's not thinking about trans 24/7

Genuinely don't know how its possible for someone obsessed with Twitter to not have heard about the Batgirl thing.

He makes a living from being terminally online but is so lazy and incompetent

frajer

There's got to be a Viz strip in 'Graham Linehan Does the Bare Minimum'

idunnosomename

Jumblegraws

Would also like to concur that it's downright weird to find that tweet "hilarious" if you don't know the context (and afaic it's only mildly amusing if you do know the context)