Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:28:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Ongoing Transphobia: "The Father Ted Musical Was My Pension"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, July 19, 2022, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: Luornu on August 07, 2022, 04:46:57 PMyeah I'm a TRA now. Didn't even receive a free toaster. Didn't even want one.

Don't forget to invoice George Soros c/o Big Trans.

Twit 2

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 07, 2022, 03:27:40 PMHere's the best quality

Sucker's not even in the right pub. Instead of being on the street in front of The Ten Bells, he could be a few doors down in the excellent garden of The Plough.

greencalx

Kankurette

Tom Robinson just did a rant about the government ignoring the recession to focus on taking away trans people's rights. I hope any bananas in the crowd were upset.

Billy Bragg is on soon and will no doubt remain silent. Also he's wearing an 'everything is better with woke' shirt.

Kankurette

Sorry for double post but Billy Bragg did the 'they' version of Sexuality and dedicated it to Drag Queen Storytime, and then explained why he changed the lyrics, and about how the things Robinson was singing about, the nasty names and accusations of grooming, are now being applied to trans people. And I'm happy to report he got cheers.

I am wiping tears from my eyes. And I'm not even trans.

(Also he joked about dividing us into baldies and hirsute types. I thought of you lot)

Kankurette

Ha. My auntie and I were talking about Great Banana News earlier and how no cunt watches it nowadays and lo and behold it's Our Graham.

Quote from: Kankurette on August 07, 2022, 08:45:06 PMHa. My auntie and I were talking about Great Banana News earlier and how no cunt watches it nowadays and lo and behold it's Our Graham.

Just watched the interview, it's very dull.

Dr Rock

Alberon

'Future of his career'?

To go even more bananas so that he gets so wound up that his jittering leg vibrates to such a degree that he breaks the barriers between dimensions and disappears into the multiverse searching for Terfworld?

Ferris

He's not been canceled though has he? His lack of work is because he hasn't written anything in 10 years compounded by his personal problems.

If you were employed by a bank but regularly shit yourself in front of clients, didn't do any work for a few years, then left drunk messages on the voicemail of the bank's bosses, I don't think one could complain about a lack of job offers coming in from HSBC.

If the bank offered to pay you £200k to fuck off and your reply was "no, I will continue to shit myself at the Bureau de Change and now I'll also complain in print about how canceled I am" then it all starts to look a bit tragic.

PlanktonSideburns

He's cancelled in the same way that shitting your bed so much it overflows is being cancelled

HamishMacbeth

At least we've learned GB News can't afford someone to do hair and makeup for the guests.

imitationleather

Struggling to get my head around people actually going to sit in the audience of GB News.

HamishMacbeth

Just finished the interview and I don't know if it's just me but it feels like it has really crossed a threshold recently from gibberish if you're not deeply steeped in Graham's twitter drama, to gibberish even if you are. It's just layers and layers of Qanon style lore now.

Alberon

I know he's a hateful cunt, but he does become more and more of a pathetic figure as his brain turns even more to mush and all but the thickest transphobes turn their backs on him.

He's passing the point even us bananaologists can work out what he's going on about.

He's no one to blame but himself, but this car crash is getting harder and harder to look at.

Dr Rock

Waffle on about Gamergate on GB News Graham, that'll peak the viewers.

greencalx

I was chatting to a student the other day about various comedy shows and he remarked "I liked the IT Crowd and the other Linehan stuff, but obviously he's a nutter now."

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 07, 2022, 09:54:43 PMWaffle on about Gamergate on GB News Graham, that'll peak the viewers.

I think his grappling with gamergate is quite revealing but painful to watch, because it's an impossible square to circle and so the result is a bizarre contradictory mess with the only consistent throughline being that he's always been on the right side.

Despite desperately trying to distance themselves from Patriotic Alternative (see latest SGB) who have been protesting the Drag Queen Story Hours at libraries and shouting 'groomer' at the performers/police/counter-protestors Moley decided to tweak the PA umbrella graphic and GC twitter accounts are using it in their avatars.

Why have his friends not staged an intervention? Like Neil Hannon, Graham Matthews etc.

He is very obviously not a well man. Maybe they have behind the scenes, but if so it doesn't seem to have worked.

Cold Meat Platter

Legend has it when someone tried that they got a pint in the face for their trouble.

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 07, 2022, 08:36:23 PM

IIRC, Andrew Doyle and BiscuitAhoy were behind the spoof Godfrey Elfwick account on Twitter (the latter circa 2014 did amusing/whimsical tweets and didn't comment on politics, but as of 2022 seems to have transmogrified into a weird transphobic bigot).

I was kind of sympathetic to BiscuitAhoy up to a point as seemingly she has been treated for cancer, but plenty of people get cancer and manage not to become weird alt-right hateful fascists.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: walktothewater on August 07, 2022, 10:40:51 PMWhy have his friends not staged an intervention? Like Neil Hannon, Graham Matthews etc.

He is very obviously not a well man. Maybe they have behind the scenes, but if so it doesn't seem to have worked.

Maybe they're just aware that their time is better spent cutting communication with the lunatic.

The transphobic lobby in the UK is unfortunately a lot more than just one comedy writer that once had a good career and then went a bit odd. Well known feminists like Julie Bindel and others are openly transphobic. Establishment papers like the Times, ditto. It's very strange, and I must admit I don't fully understand it.

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on August 07, 2022, 10:46:00 PMMaybe they're just aware that their time is better spent cutting communication with the lunatic.

Indeed, they are not idiots.

Applemask

Quote from: walktothewater on August 07, 2022, 10:40:51 PMWhy have his friends not staged an intervention? Like Neil Hannon, Graham Matthews etc.

I imagine they did, three or four years ago, when this started. At this point it's pissing on a forest fire.

The Late Mike Morris

Quote from: Applemask on August 07, 2022, 10:59:36 PMI imagine they did, three or four years ago, when this started. At this point it's pissing on a forest fire.

I think James Serafinowicz (his former brother-in-law) had previously confirmed that family had more than once tried to intervene and to get him help but got nowhere.