Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Ongoing Transphobia: "The Father Ted Musical Was My Pension"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, July 19, 2022, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtpromises

The Dumb, Dumb, Dumb and Dumber American podcast had Debbie Heyton on.  They asked BC which bathroom Debbie uses but failed to ask Debbie herself.

They also had daddy AGP Ray Blanchard on.  I don't think Ray is really a terf, he is just thrilled some people take his quackery seriously.

Ex_GC

I think it's the same for Arty in a way- he doesn't hate trans people, he's just addicted to the attention and 'fame' he's getting from being a 'big name' in GC circles. I might be wrong though

HamishMacbeth

Quote from: Ex_GC on July 21, 2022, 06:00:53 PMI think it's the same for Arty in a way- he doesn't hate trans people, he's just addicted to the attention and 'fame' he's getting from being a 'big name' in GC circles. I might be wrong though

All you need to know about Arty can be explained quite neatly by pointing out that he's a Canadian, supposedly high up in LGBA Cananda, who was thrilled to find Penny Mordaunt had dropped out of the tory leadership race. I've never heard him mention anything local to him, he's spotted a small pond he thinks he can be a big fish in, and that pond is British transphobia.

phantom_power

Debbie Hayton is on TV so much it makes you wonder if the GC lot might be exaggerating the number of trans people who are on their side, as she seems to be about the only one they can dredge up

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Moj on July 21, 2022, 02:58:07 PMWinner called Littlecock an arsehole live on TV once.

That's beautiful.

I wish Debbie would go and read about what happened to Rohm when the Nazis didn't need him anymore.

JaDanketies

Thought I'd Google for more information about the Winner clip and the second result is the cookdandbombd Twitter account interacting with him! But perhaps Google is personalising my results

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelWinner/status/232067041803259904?t=WTQjxLEa57jEWeG_tURozQ&s=19

FalknerHinton

Winner doing more to actually defend lesbians than Graham ever has.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on July 21, 2022, 07:44:52 PMThat's beautiful.

I wish Debbie would go and read about what happened to Rohm when the Nazis didn't need him anymore.

The difference between the nazis and terfs is one's a bunch of genocidal maniacs ultimately doomed to failure and the others were yup thats the joke.

Kankurette

When Michael Winner of all bloody people is the voice of reason...

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 21, 2022, 08:10:43 PMThought I'd Google for more information about the Winner clip and the second result is the cookdandbombd Twitter account interacting with him! But perhaps Google is personalising my results

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelWinner/status/232067041803259904?t=WTQjxLEa57jEWeG_tURozQ&s=19

Good God!

The Michael Winner Defends Lesbians clip has long been a CaB "thing", but I had no idea about that remarkable Twitter exchange!

Thank you so much for digging that out.

EDIT: Turns out our Neil was gently trolling Mr. Deathwish, here's this from the forum a year earlier:

Quote from: Doomy Dwyer on February 21, 2011, 09:46:12 PM
Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on February 21, 2011, 09:41:13 PMTo his credit, I seem to remember Michael Winner defending some lesbians against Richard Littlejohn once.

God, I'd love to see a clip of that.

Quote from: Neil on February 21, 2011, 11:48:39 PMHere you go:

Richard Littlejohn Live and Uncut (8th July 1994)

I did think the Twitter date was strange, as I thought we'd been riffing on it for far longer than that.  And indeed, here's a mention from as long ago as 2004:

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 13, 2004, 03:34:09 PMI can't dislike him because he had a go at Littlejohnson for taking the piss out lesbians.

wrec

Don't know how accurate this is but for some reason I think of Winner as (to borrow Chart Music's description of Tony Blackburn) a twat rather than a cunt.

JaDanketies

Winner has been metooed to hell, I would be reluctant to say anything beyond that he was good in one instance and maybe did some good movies / reviews / adverts but as a person he appears to be reprehensible.

And he was a Tory.

I mean don't talk ill of the dead especially not on CaB

mtpromises

Arty Morty is here because AFAB women, trans and cis, ruined his gay orgies.  He's complained a few times about it and seemed genuinely upset.

OG Mess host GNC Benji has confirmed Arty does zero activism.  LGBA Canada is a Twitter account and nothing more.  When he talks about gay activism he says "we" the same way sports fans say "we scored a goal" when talking about their team.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 21, 2022, 09:53:09 PMWinner has been metooed to hell, I would be reluctant to say anything beyond that he was good in one instance and maybe did some good movies / reviews / adverts but as a person he appears to be reprehensible.

And he was a Tory.

Stopped clock etc. Andrew Neil humiliated Ben Shapiro on BBC News. Jeremy Clarkson punched Piers Morgan in the head.

Kankurette

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 21, 2022, 09:53:09 PMWinner has been metooed to hell, I would be reluctant to say anything beyond that he was good in one instance and maybe did some good movies / reviews / adverts but as a person he appears to be reprehensible.

And he was a Tory.

It's one of those 'even evil has standards' things. Nobody's saying Winner was a good guy, quite the opposite. Just what a ginormous twat Littlejohn is when a scumbag like Winner looks good in comparison.

JaDanketies

Dunno, I'd say he was also a fucking cunt. I'm sure Littlejohn could needle him, 'I do not have any woman coming out of the woodwork to accuse me of sexual assault Winner?" Yknow all a bunch of cunts.

I suppose Winner's talents are far reaching. I believe Littlejohn has produced only one column that has been widely circulated for its alleged wit and he's been at it for ages with a loud microphone.

Is this relevant to Glinner? Anyway both cunts

The Late Satoru Iwata

This is what I decided to do when 'Graham Chapman and Arthur Lowe create Father Ted' yielded disappointing results:

Coming soon, James Acaster in The Young Ted Crilly Chronicles.

Ferris

Quote from: mtpromises on July 21, 2022, 10:05:22 PMArty Morty is here because AFAB women, trans and cis, ruined his gay orgies.  He's complained a few times about it and seemed genuinely upset.

OG Mess host GNC Benji has confirmed Arty does zero activism.  LGBA Canada is a Twitter account and nothing more.  When he talks about gay activism he says "we" the same way sports fans say "we scored a goal" when talking about their team.

Not to say the same thing over and over, but Canada has been captured!! has pretty good federal leadership on this stuff. Not perfect (what is?) but miles ahead of the UK.

If our man Arty was more public here, he'd be vilified. He's not because he's a coward and it's much easier to phone in bigotry to Normal Island than, say, his own municipality.

Bit pathetic really.

wrec

This is Glinnerrelevant: Twitter have banned groomer as a slur (OK groomers) but don't seem to be enforcing it. The article fails to name Oliophi comedy genius Graham Linehan as the inventor of that appellation
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/twitter-ban-groomers-lgbtq-slur/

Mindy Simmons

I'm genuinely surprised by Michael Winner's response. Stopped clocks and all that, I guess.

mtpromises

Quote from: Ferris on July 22, 2022, 01:05:25 AMNot to say the same thing over and over, but Canada has been captured!! has pretty good federal leadership on this stuff. Not perfect (what is?) but miles ahead of the UK.

If our man Arty was more public here, he'd be vilified. He's not because he's a coward and it's much easier to phone in bigotry to Normal Island than, say, his own municipality.

Bit pathetic really.
What about GC coming out day where he bravely proclaimed to his dinner guests he was GC?

I like to picture that dinner as Arty eating alone, but with 7 other place settings each having a distinct hat.  And he scoots around, putting on each hat and adopting a different character based on the hat. 

Pimhole

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on July 22, 2022, 01:34:48 AMI'm genuinely surprised by Michael Winner's response. Stopped clocks and all that, I guess.

Not the only time he was right

Moj

Quote from: Pimhole on July 22, 2022, 07:42:02 AMNot the only time he was right

Oh, his taste buds were all to cock because every meal he'd eaten over the previous decade had spunk in/on. He expects everything to have an aftertaste of glutinous salt.

non capisco

I worked in a goods in/out department that had to return some film negative of one of Winner's Direct Line adverts to his company at the request of one of his employees. The man himself rang us up absolutely apoplectic that it had been returned, effing and jeffing for a punishingly long amount of time about how he "didn't fucking want it", it was of "no fucking use to me now" as "the fucking advert aired fucking months ago, it's come and fucking gone". My colleague who took the call said the temptation to say "Calm down, dear, it's a commercial" was absolutely overwhelming.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: wrec on July 22, 2022, 01:20:13 AMThis is Glinnerrelevant: Twitter have banned groomer as a slur (OK groomers) but don't seem to be enforcing it. The article fails to name Oliophi comedy genius Graham Linehan as the inventor of that appellation
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/twitter-ban-groomers-lgbtq-slur/

Did my latest Oliophi reporting yesterday based on exactly these grounds. Am not confident.

retsuza

Saw some Terf brainrots on twitter getting mad at the Women's March logo because they dared to be pro trans rights. Can you spot why they're mad, or are you normal?

Spoiler alert
So apparently they think the far left silhouette is a man? The TERFchnology is absolutely incredible, they can detect chromosomes even from a cartoon silhouette:

[close]

phantom_power

Maya and the GC Cunt brigade are gunning for intersex people now. Caster Semenya is a man according to them. I thought feminists have fought for decades for women to not be defined by biology. Apparently now it is not even enough to be assigned female at birth and live as a woman. Now it is all down to things that can only be found out via invasive testing. Bunch of fucking hateful cunts

Quote from: retsuza on July 22, 2022, 10:45:39 AM
Spoiler alert
So apparently they think the far left silhouette is a man? The TERFchnology is absolutely incredible, they can detect chromosomes even from a cartoon silhouette:

[close]

What was that term that they used on those bodybuiler/incel forums about angles and measurements of chins or faces or something?

Rasmus??

JaDanketies

I really can't imagine that saying "all these athletes who were raised as women because a doctor saw they had a vagina when they were born are actually men" is going to be the PR boon they hope it will be. I assume the average person doesn't hold strong opinions on intersex athletes but will find it very unpleasant to see Sharron Davies MBE pointing at Caster Semenya and shouting "that's a man" and seeing loads of people with suffragette hearts say "cheater!"

Nor its corollary argument "we need to routinely investigate newborn infants with vaginas to see if they have internal testes so we can raise them as men in order to ensure they never beat a woman in the running" going to win many converts.