Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Ongoing Transphobia: "The Father Ted Musical Was My Pension"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, July 19, 2022, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Juan K Perros on August 14, 2022, 08:50:55 PMStuart Campbell's had his Twitter account zapped and then the next one he made insta-zapped in the last day or so, if anyone likes really basic schadenfreude.

He also seems to have deleted the post on his blog announcing the ban and linking to the new, now also banned, account.

Quote from: retsuza on August 14, 2022, 08:57:14 PMWhen does it fuckin end, does she want to do this forever? She might.

Not long, they said the tide was turning on The Mess two days ago.

Cold Meat Platter

It makes sense to have anything that might humanise you a bit behind a paywall for bigots and rubberneckers, best to make your entire public output bigotry-based.

wrec

Has Graham ever so much as mentioned Sadowitz before now? This "we're on the same team" shit is nauseating and I badly want it to blow up in his face, hopefully in the form of an anti-Rowling rant.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: wrec on August 14, 2022, 10:05:02 PMHas Graham ever so much as mentioned Sadowitz before now? This "we're on the same team" shit is nauseating and I badly want it to blow up in his face, hopefully in the form of an anti-Rowling rant.
I suspect Glinner just saw that a comedian had been (literally) cancelled, assumed Sadowitz had been Twitter-cancelled for saying biology was real, and went from there. If he'd done even the tiniest bit of googling he'd have seen that one of the things Sadowitz supposedly did was get his cock out on stage. I mean, also racism, but maybe that doesn't matter to Glinner either.

It'll never not be funny that Helen Penises in Women's Changing Rooms is supportive of Sadowitz. Hey Helen what if a rape survivor had been in the room?

The Late Satoru Iwata

I don't understand the faux shock over the Sadowitz cancellation.

Comedian does routine designed to offend, people get offended.

That seems a pretty simple equation to me.

This is like hearing about a performer whose act is firing a flamethrower into their audience and then deriding people who complain about their burns.

kngen

phes

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on August 14, 2022, 10:53:58 PMI don't understand the faux shock over the Sadowitz cancellation.

Comedian does routine designed to offend, people get offended.

That seems a pretty simple equation to me.

This is like hearing about a performer whose act is firing a flamethrower into their audience and then deriding people who complain about their burns.

the hardcore group of gender critics are obsessive and will twist, wilfully misunderstand and align themselves with anything that can be vaguely, tangentially linked. It's never about offence or freedom of speech, it's about trans women not being women and that's it.

jobotic

He must know who Sadowitz is and what he does, surely? Christ, I do and I'm not from the world of comedy.

Shon Faye on BBC Hardtalk now, having all this GC crap thrown in her face.

All these top quality feminists say you're wrong. How can you argue with THEM?

jobotic

phes

the only thing I have a twitter account for is reporting Graham Linehan, so nice to eventually see about 8 tweets since June are violations. Wonder how many reports they had to sift through

Mister Six

Quote from: jobotic on August 15, 2022, 12:52:30 AMShon Faye on BBC Hardtalk now, having all this GC crap thrown in her face.

That's grim. Wonder why she went on it? Her book opens with her explaining why she makes a point of NOT doing those shows (precisely because she gets GC crap thrown in her face, and it turns into her having to defensively explain why trans people have a right to exist at all, rather than the more important topic of what can be done to help trans people live more comfortable lives).

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: phes on August 15, 2022, 02:11:25 AMthe only thing I have a twitter account for is reporting Graham Linehan, so nice to eventually see about 8 tweets since June are violations. Wonder how many reports they had to sift through

Fucking hell, you made it stick, even if all he has to do is delete an offending tweet, this is more than anyone's managed to do so far.

And I assume he can't complain about it on the SGB because, of course, Oliophi isn't Graham.

Quote from: phes on August 15, 2022, 02:11:25 AM

the only thing I have a twitter account for is reporting Graham Linehan, so nice to eventually see about 8 tweets since June are violations. Wonder how many reports they had to sift through

I've just had five notifications of successful reports for hateful content come through - all for misgendering or calling people groomer. He seems to have deleted the offending tweets. Coward!

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: phes on August 15, 2022, 02:11:25 AMthe only thing I have a twitter account for is reporting Graham Linehan

Ha just about the only thing I do on there too.

9 upheld for me. He's sooo brave until they cut off access to the one thing in the world that matters to him.

Quote from: jobotic on August 15, 2022, 12:53:46 AMHere we go, JK Rowling. World's leading feminist.

She was listed as a 'feminist thinker' in The Telegraph last week.

buttgammon

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 15, 2022, 08:22:58 AMShe was listed as a 'feminist thinker' in The Telegraph last week.

The feminist bit is dubious but I'm sure she has thoughts sometimes. "Woe is me! People think I'm rich but how much richer would I be if Daniel Radcliffe and the guy who played Ralph hadn't betrayed me so?"

Mindy Simmons

Off topic-ish, but Andrew Doyle has me blocked on Twitter. I barely even post, Mr Free Speech.

Povidone

Excuse me, sorry, apologies, don't mean to interrupt but haven't been on these threads in a while and, well...

Quote- Hosted a Special Birthday Mess to celebrate Netflix firing a bunch of minorities while his son was visiting. Son had to interrupt him wanking about Woke Doctor Who to give him his birthday present. Proceeded to do mocking impersonation of son to Helen and Arty

What the fuck? Did this actually happen? Normally most of the recap barely raises an eyebrow but this seems especially demented somehow.

PlanktonSideburns

shiftwork2

Intrigued by 'middle class' as a recent recurring Linehan gotcha.  Decades ago, chippy people such as Northerners (I mean me) would deploy it to sink any battleship they couldn't be bothered forming a proper position on.  I haven't heard it since those days so well done Linehan on bringing this lazy-brain back.

On a similar note, has he mentioned the plucky Irishman being oppressed by those terrible Brits again?  I thought that had legs.

Povidone

Sonny_Jim

I only got him on 4.  Hit him where it hurts.  Pow right in the Twitter account

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Povidone on August 15, 2022, 08:33:08 AMExcuse me, sorry, apologies, don't mean to interrupt but haven't been on these threads in a while and, well...

What the fuck? Did this actually happen? Normally most of the recap barely raises an eyebrow but this seems especially demented somehow.
@Better Midlands do you happen to have that clip handy? I think it could do with a repost.

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 15, 2022, 08:39:57 AMOn a similar note, has he mentioned the plucky Irishman being oppressed by those terrible Brits again?  I thought that had legs.
He has "An Open Letter to Joe Duffy" (host of Irish phone-in radio talkshow Liveline) on his shitstack but I can't bring myself to read it. I'm guessing he's trying to get his attention (on his substack that only gendercrits and rubbernecking morbid cunts like us read) because Liveline and RTÉ came in for criticism for platforming transphobic assholes, leading Dublin Pride to break their association with RTÉ.

buttgammon

On a Hibernian note, it's worth pointing out that the Irish media are doubling down on their pathetic attempts to copy British bigotry, despite the fact that people up to and including the Taoiseach have repeatedly said transphobia isn't welcome here. Eilis O'Hanlon is at it again and it sounds like some of the other 'the Brits were always the good guys, actually' contrarian types have joined her in spewing hatred in the papers recently. It's actually quite sad to see; they're building the cargo cult version of the Torygraph

wrec

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on August 15, 2022, 07:54:54 AM9 upheld for me.

Only 3 for me. Feel like Charlie Bucket when the teacher asks him how many Wonka bars he bought.