Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Ongoing Transphobia: "The Father Ted Musical Was My Pension"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, July 19, 2022, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Uncle Skeleton

-

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Fuck's sake, he's careless, isn't he? I'm amazed he's out in public, waving around the latest draft of Pope Ted.

Jack Shaftoe

The internal goss on the Father Ted musical, for what I've heard (and this was during lockdown, so could have changed since) is that no-one was that bothered about it apart from Glinner, but a couple of people who were vaguely involved were worried that he was going off the rails, did a 'hey, BC old chum, let's have a chat about that Father Ted musical concept!' as an excuse to sit him down and lend a sympathetic ear, only for him to rant at them like a mentalist about trans stuff, at which point they backed away sharpish.

thr0b

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on August 17, 2022, 08:04:03 PMThe internal goss on the Father Ted musical, for what I've heard (and this was during lockdown, so could have changed since) is that no-one was that bothered about it apart from Glinner, but a couple of people who were vaguely involved were worried that he was going off the rails, did a 'hey, BC old chum, let's have a chat about that Father Ted musical concept!' as an excuse to sit him down and lend a sympathetic ear, only for him to rant at them like a mentalist about trans stuff, at which point they backed away sharpish.

Argh. Much as we'd like that to be true, it comes up now and again, and it started as a joke on Twitter. It's not true.

But as a written joke, it's longer than Pope Ted's book.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on August 17, 2022, 08:04:03 PMThe internal goss on the Father Ted musical, for what I've heard (and this was during lockdown, so could have changed since) is that no-one was that bothered about it apart from Glinner, but a couple of people who were vaguely involved were worried that he was going off the rails, did a 'hey, BC old chum, let's have a chat about that Father Ted musical concept!' as an excuse to sit him down and lend a sympathetic ear, only for him to rant at them like a mentalist about trans stuff, at which point they backed away sharpish.

Sounds pretty believable to me. I feel genuinely sorry for the people who did feel this had some merit and had it derailed by Greybum.

shiftwork2

Knowing he will never have to show his working, Linehan claims his musical is 'beyond complete'.

phes

Quote from: FalknerHinton on August 17, 2022, 06:51:55 PM

I believe the interpretation amongst GCs is that the Tavistock closing represents an end to affirmative therapy

FalknerHinton

Quote from: phes on August 17, 2022, 10:51:59 PMI believe the interpretation amongst GCs is that the Tavistock closing represents an end to affirmative therapy

Well yes, but they're idiots.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Genuinely loving seeing people (well, person) on Twitter sending Oliophi the screenshots I took of probably Staniland outing him on @WineWithWomenYT. I feel like I've contributed something.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on August 18, 2022, 01:03:18 AMGenuinely loving seeing people (well, person) on Twitter sending Oliophi the screenshots I took of probably Staniland outing him on @WineWithWomenYT. I feel like I've contributed something.

That was me 😇 I'd normally take my own screenshots but twitter on the phone is such a ball ache when trying to show threads that have some bits deleted I just couldn't be arsed

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 18, 2022, 11:20:58 AMClassic banana fan banter

Who the hell are they even talking about? And what the hell are they even talking about?

Cold Meat Platter

The Late Satoru Iwata

Fuck me. I misunderstood 'finish the business' to be akin to 'finish the job', so I got confused. Attracting the loveliest of folks as always.

On the plus side:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/aug/18/discovery-sells-gb-news-stake-as-directors-resign-in-shake-up

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on August 18, 2022, 04:21:02 PMFuck me. I misunderstood 'finish the business' to be akin to 'finish the job', so I got confused. Attracting the loveliest of folks as always.

On the plus side:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/aug/18/discovery-sells-gb-news-stake-as-directors-resign-in-shake-up

Graham will be along any second to blame the transes for silencing Geebeebies

NeaX

We are looking for links to video's of men writing ecclesiastically-themed musicals in women's toilets. Can someone help us via dm?

Banana identified men

The Late Satoru Iwata

I am looking for videos of breast tissue.

Healthy identified breast tissue.

Kankurette

Elfking

The natural progresion of rampant transphobia. Girl wins sports competition and parents go digging deep into their history to make sure tshe isn't trans. So many things about this are just so icky. This is where we are now. Even cis girls are under suspician if they don't "look cis enough."

1) Being this obsessed with your kid's sports day
2) Investigating a literal child and digging back through to when they were a toddler
3) Do they really think a trans kid would be transitioning that young?

https://twitter.com/ZJemptv/status/1560165980986286081

EDIT: Wanted to add some "feminism" from a noted friend of JK Rowling:

Kankurette

Yes it fucking is. There's a reason why I donate tampons to food banks, and that's because some people cannot afford sanitary protection.

It just shows how sheltered the TERF lot are.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Elfking on August 18, 2022, 05:34:40 PMEDIT: Wanted to add some "feminism" from a noted friend of JK Rowling:

Yeah in her following tweets she also complained that the people organising this were also trying to destroy language and erase women so it must be made up,  denying period poverty to own the transes so feminist

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 17, 2022, 03:57:50 PMI'll put a TW next time, I'm probably numbed to the fash now as this appeared mild after reading Mumsnet.

Or put 'Fash channel' or 'Non fash channel', please. I'm one of those who is trying with partial success to keep cunts like these out of my YT suggestions.