Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan's Ongoing Transphobia: "The Father Ted Musical Was My Pension"

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, July 19, 2022, 10:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Kankurette on September 05, 2022, 12:00:20 AMWhat is it with the Roman Empire and far right weirdos? And again with 'innocent' children. Children can be horrible little cunts sometimes, they're not all perfect angelic beings.

Potted pop-history; Roman language and culture is the literal basis of Fascism, in that the rods used for beating criminals, surrounding an axe for beheading them is the Fasces, but for some reason the hard, firm, thrusting towards a better future far-right (And Helen Stanisland is advised to cover her eyes now) don't want to admit to the inter-twined Roman worship of the penis, which has the same root word and is where we get the concept of "fascination" from.  In ancient Rome, you warded off the eye of evil by pointing a penis at it, because evil is seriously disturbed by penis. Yes, really. As also seen in this historical work of art, where evil is fascinated by penis;

Original Christianity then emerges from the declining years of the Roman Empire; and whilst trying to claim all the secular and power virtues of the Roman state, completely censors all the getting-it-on-with-man-woman-and-goat that the Romans thought made for nice frescoes over the family dinner table.

Mussolini then tries to re-appropriate ancient Roman glory, and again drops all the penis (at least in public) whilst putting his macho rods of power on everything to aeroplanes and tanks and snappy, snappy uniforms. Like in this shot, Mussolini where truly was a Fasces-head.

And from there, we go into decades of people just desperate to claim that stiff, ancient law and order glory for themselves too, but as a weird mix of American puritanism, racist historical revisionism and pro-Fascist nostalgia. And also, wonderful left wing, tolerant, open minded campaigners like Graham Linehan and Stuart Campbell. They haven't moved on the political spectrum, you've just gone way, way to the left... perhaps pushed there by a penis.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: FalknerHinton on September 05, 2022, 09:14:18 PMIf Sterling is a big enough account for twitter to take notice of, it would be very funny if they were responsible for oliophi getting banned.

Lol I love it when someone metaphorically spanks Graham like this.
Quote from: frajer on September 05, 2022, 09:19:33 PMI say it twice to make him get out of his chair and then I go to bed, leaving him trapped in the netherworld between his house and my mirror.

Cruel? Nah. At least he's offline for a bit.

That seems too close to merciful tbh.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: frajer on September 05, 2022, 09:19:33 PMI say it twice to make him get out of his chair and then I go to bed, leaving him trapped in the netherworld between his house and my mirror.

Cruel? Nah. At least he's offline for a bit.

Glinner is spotted wandering frantically round Norwich, desperately trying to @ post boxes and retweet lamp posts.