Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

their most famous song is SHITE

Started by the science eel, July 22, 2022, 10:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

For Sabbath it's Iron Man, surely

The Mollusk

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on July 24, 2022, 12:41:41 PMFor Sabbath it's Iron Man, surely

Mm I wouldn't say it's shite but the main riff is quite a trudge. It's just too long, at 6 mins they could have scaled back on the use of that riff a lot and packed it out more with the too short groove section in the middle, and the one at the end as well. Or just made the song shorter. In any case viewing the whole package it's nowhere near representative of what they did best.

the science eel

yes but 'Paranoid' is their most famous song and it's MARV

idunnosomename

Iron Man has too many good riffs. Paranoid I'm happy to call shit though

sutin

I can't even comprehend finding Hey Ya! "dreary"!! Dreary compared to what, Raining Blood?!?

grainger

Quote from: willbo on July 23, 2022, 08:20:09 AMbjork - oh so quiet

Honest opinion: It's the only solo Bjork track I've heard where I can stand her vocals! It's a shame, because in theory I should love her music.

grainger

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on July 23, 2022, 01:05:52 PMOasis- Wonderwall

It is utter bilge, but it's also one of their very best songs.

grainger

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 23, 2022, 02:02:07 PMwhile my guitar gently weeps is the worst beatles song

So many wrong opinions in this thread, as the saying goes.

grainger

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 23, 2022, 02:02:41 PMSouvenir

I rest my case.

I agree about the other ones you listed, though.

OMD rule of thumb: first four albums - excellent. Next few - shite.

grainger

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 23, 2022, 02:05:44 PMHarrison (My Sweet Lord)

There are so many right opinions in this thread.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: grainger on July 24, 2022, 05:28:46 PMSo many wrong opinions in this thread, as the saying goes.

I disagree with lots of what Ian MacDonald said in Revolution in the Head, but he was absolutely right about While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Boring, pompous song, and a pernicious influence on popular music.

dontpaintyourteeth

I'm honestly surprised anyone dislikes anything from the first six Sabbath albums. Besides Changes, which definitely is shite

grainger

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 24, 2022, 05:32:41 PMI disagree with lots of what Ian MacDonald said in Revolution in the Head, but he was absolutely right about While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Boring, pompous song, and a pernicious influence on popular music.

I enjoyed Revolution in the Head.

A few weeks ago, someone asked me what my favourite Beatles songs were, and the first one that came to mind was While My Guitar.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: grainger on July 24, 2022, 05:42:36 PMI enjoyed Revolution in the Head.

A few weeks ago, someone asked me what my favourite Beatles songs were, and the first one that came to mind was While My Guitar.

Fair enough so. I like every other Harrison song on the White Album. Even Piggies, which I know is wrong.

Jockice

Monkey Gone To Heaven.
West End Girls.

Terry Torpid

Creep is Radiohead's most (only?) famous song in America. I don't think it's shite exactly, but the band aren't keen on it.

Probably a toss up between 7 Nation Army by The White Stripes and Song 2 by Blur. Both are 'anthems' but by Christ they lean into the shit for cunts territory and are departures from rest of the tracks the album's they are from.

bushwick

Quote from: Catalogue Trousers on July 23, 2022, 07:12:46 PMGeorge Ezra. Shotgun.

The soundtrack to a particularly dreary gap-year holiday taken by a spoilt little upper-middle-class turd smugly declaring to anyone who'll listen that he does drugs, y'know, did you hear what I said...

He's the main representative of the current popular singing style for male troubadours, Weird Vowel Deaf Voice. His songs make me LOL as he sounds like John Merrick.

My answer for thread though is the late Paul Johnson's "Get Get Down". It's not shit per se but it's a very obvious sounding record and the man made literally dozens of better, more interesting tracks.

badaids

Quote from: Jockice on July 24, 2022, 06:28:35 PMWest End Girls.

I'm not having that! I assume you are referring to the original Bobby Orlando recording which stinks of piss.

Jockice

Quote from: badaids on July 24, 2022, 10:03:10 PMI'm not having that! I assume you are referring to the original Bobby Orlando recording which stinks of piss.

Nope. The chart-topping single one. In general I'm a PSB fan but a bit like the previously-mentioned OMD I thought most of their singles were either absolutely brilliant or absolutely rank. West End Girls isn't as bad as Heart though. I'll give it that.

Goldentony

Quote from: badaids on July 24, 2022, 10:03:10 PMI'm not having that! I assume you are referring to the original Bobby Orlando recording which stinks of piss.

ah come on I don't mind that one, isn't it the demo of One More Chance the one with dog noises on? that one gets better but it's a bit Ross From Friends Keyboard Set at the beginning

jobotic

Jesus. You seen this? They're only having a go at Iron Man now.

What's Daft Punk's most famous tune? Bet it's shite, but an awful lot of thier stuff was glorious.

badaids

Quote from: jobotic on July 24, 2022, 10:31:24 PMWhat's Daft Punk's most famous tune? Bet it's shite.

No idea, but it's true.

It made me think that Air's most famous tune is Sexy Boy and that's shit.

Obscure but true is that thanks to Simon Mayo, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci are remembered (if they are remembered for anything), as a kerrrr-azy novelty act because of Patio Song, and not for the albums Of psyche and folk aceness.

Goldentony

Iron Man isn't shite, everyone fucking behave

Video Game Fan 2000

the only original sabbath songs that stand out as bad are Changes, that terrible synth one off Bloody Sabbath and I am Going Insane

Is 'National Express' The Divine Comedy's most famous song? Almost certainly - a bit unfortunate that.

Video Game Fan 2000

You Shook Me All Night Long was ACDC's worst single up until that point and a weak cut on Back In Black

West End Girls being posted here is madness