Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Premier League 2022-23

Started by holyzombiejesus, July 24, 2022, 08:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/create-join

League - 9izejp
Head to Head - 8gmihx

Really want Jesus, Haaland and Sterling, not sure on which Liverpool attacker yet.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 24, 2022, 08:22:35 PMReally want Jesus, Haaland and Sterling, not sure on which Liverpool attacker yet.

Thanks for this pal, will sign up soon.

Most popular choice seems to be Diaz, not a bad shout really but I can't help but plump for Salah. My tendency is to go for a premium defence, a couple of great midfielders and bargain strikers.

Chollis

can any Arsenal fan tell me if Martinelli is a good pick?

Neco Williams is a good shout I reckon for 4m, good attacking full-back and should be first choice.

first year i haven't picked Salah, feels bad

if you mean will he start, then yes Martinelli/Jesus/Saka is the current first choice front 3 and Smith-Rowe hasn't had much of a pre-season

FalknerHinton

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 24, 2022, 08:22:35 PMhttps://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/create-join

League - 9izejp
Head to Head - 8gmihx

Really want Jesus, Haaland and Sterling, not sure on which Liverpool attacker yet.

I read that Haaland has never started more than 27 games in a season, which has dampened my enthusiasm for him.

He's going to start 26 and score 33 isn't he.

DrGreggles

FalknerHinton

That sounds like it will require a level of organisation.

Ferris

Just joined.

Aiming to lose the dressing room over summer, get the team in the relegation spots by october, and sacked with a looovely big payout by Christmas.

Mobius

I'm in as Cromwell's Bitches.

I look forward to paying attention for the first week or two, then not checking it again all season.

Joe Qunt

Just joined up (Well Done He's 13). Here's my team so far:

Sá - (Sánchez)

Matip - James - Cancelo - Cash - Henry

Saka - Salah - (Pereira) - (Bowen) - (Barnes)

Havertz - Forss - Mitrović

FalknerHinton

I've gone with:

Mendy

TAA - Cucurella - Tomiyasu

Son - Mount - Bowen - Saka

Antonio - Jesus - Darwin

subs: Steele, Webster, Wilson-Esbrand, Downes

Ferris

Alisson

TAA - Dias - James

Sterling - Zaha - Salah - Murphy

Mbuemo - Jiminez - Jesus

Subs: Cash, Elyounoussi, Dunk, Guaita (GK).

Cannot wait to get annihilated then bin the whole thing off in a sulk.

I'm in as Timewasters FC.

Currently have Salah and a bit of a cheap frontline but may switch to a cheaper midfielder so I can get a better striker...

Mobius

Quote from: FalknerHinton on July 26, 2022, 11:43:54 AMTomiyasu

He hasn't even started pre-season training or played in any of the friendlies. I'd be amazed if he plays at all in the first few weeks. He and Tierney are probably not good choices unfortunately...

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Mobius on July 27, 2022, 01:13:17 AMHe hasn't even started pre-season training or played in any of the friendlies. I'd be amazed if he plays at all in the first few weeks. He and Tierney are probably not good choices unfortunately...

Thank you, I had a change of heart and went with Mings.

DrGreggles

Got Salah, Kane, Haaland and Son - so obviously the rest of the team is shite.

Inspector Norse

I've joined but to make it more challenging I went with Harry Redknapp on the character creation screen, so have to wait until deadline day before selecting a team comprised entirely of cheap, mediocre players from the former Yugoslavia with suspiciously flashy agents.

Ferris

Quote from: Inspector Norse on July 27, 2022, 12:19:08 PMI've joined but to make it more challenging I went with Harry Redknapp on the character creation screen, so have to wait until deadline day before selecting a team comprised entirely of cheap, mediocre players from the former Yugoslavia with suspiciously flashy agents.

All squad selection done through the window of a Range Rover. Cheat codes to draft Peter Crouch and Pascal Chimbonda.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Ferris on July 27, 2022, 12:47:28 PMAll squad selection done through the window of a Range Rover. Cheat codes to draft Peter Crouch and Pascal Chimbonda.

"Yeah we got Niko cahmin' in, 'triffic little player...only £4.5 mil too..."

Sgt. Duckie

Good luck everybody, thanks again for creating the league holyzombiejesus.

The Battling Buds will see you on the fantasy battlefield, and it's going to be a sweaty one x

Lost Oliver

Jesus titty fucking Christ! Only 10 hours away. My team all hinges on whether Perisic will play and I've no idea whether he will or not.

phes

Quote from: Lost Oliver on August 05, 2022, 08:28:50 AMJesus titty fucking Christ! Only 10 hours away. My team all hinges on whether Perisic will play and I've no idea whether he will or not.

My uninformed take is that he's not going to start them (him and Doherty) against Chelsea without a competitive match played. I'm working on the assumption they'll both start and get subbed at 60-70, mainly informed by optimism because I own both 

Lost Oliver

Lost Oliver

At the minute I'm on:

Ramsdale (Ward)
Perisic, TAA, Cancelo, Digne, (Williams)
Salah, Diaz, Rashford, Martinelli, (Pereira)
Jesus, Kane, (Greenwood)

I'm toying with replacing Digne, Diaz with Robertson and Neto.

There's also the option of an extra 1 million if I go for both Leicester keepers and bring in Trippier for Williams, but then I'll be fucked as soon as they bring someone in.

Joe Qunt

My team for now:

Sá (Sánchez)

Robertson - James - Cancelo - Cash (Cucurella)

Guimarães - Mount - Saka - Salah (Fornals)

Álvarez - Iheanacho (Awoniyi)

phes

Diaz is very popular isn't he but I'm not altogether convinced. The thing that has to improve is converting chances and that makes him less nailed than the concensus says. I guess the injury to Jota takes that pressure off a little 

holyzombiejesus

Going for cheapo keepers, hoping Leicester will have to stick with Ward. Avoiding Chelsea, Spurs look like a better bet, especially at the back. Trying to work out if Salah + v cheap forward is better than Gomez and Nunez. Haaland or Kane, De Bruyne or Song? Big hitters + barrel scrapings or an even spread of 7/8 million-ers? Whatever happens, will probably have to wildcard next week.

Psybro

Quote from: Lost Oliver on August 05, 2022, 08:55:38 AMAt the minute I'm on:

Ramsdale (Ward)
Perisic, TAA, Cancelo, Digne, (Williams)
Salah, Diaz, Rashford, Martinelli, (Pereira)
Jesus, Kane, (Greenwood)

I'm in with exactly the same midfield:

Meslier
Trent James Dias Trippier
Salah Diaz Martinelli Rashford
Kane Jesus

Raya, Dunk, Andreas, Archer

I was reluctant to go for any United players but Sinisterra was going to be my punt and he's injured.  Martial and Jota out boosts Rashford and Diaz's chances, Diaz may go to a City midfielder if any look likely to survive rotation.

I originally had Son and Brennan Johnson but decided Kane and Rashford is safer for now, remains an option if Johnson turns out as good as I suspect he may do.  Also a gamble that Rashford outscores a 5.5 midfielder more than Cancelo will outscore Dias.

I usually have better players than Pereira and Archer on my bench but I usually finish nowhere so gonna go for it this season.

Ferris

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 05, 2022, 10:37:24 AMGoing for cheapo keepers, hoping Leicester will have to stick with Ward. Avoiding Chelsea, Spurs look like a better bet, especially at the back. Trying to work out if Salah + v cheap forward is better than Gomez and Nunez. Haaland or Kane, De Bruyne or Song? Big hitters + barrel scrapings or an even spread of 7/8 million-ers? Whatever happens, will probably have to wildcard next week.

I'm convinced spending a few quid on a keeper is an absolute must because the marginal value from the extra million is getting a top class keeper who'll bag you 100+ points and getting some absolute no-hoper who warms the bench. It's the best place to spend the extra.

Strikers... eh. Wingbacks and midfielders are the places to spend for me, Clive. 4-5-1 all season, I'd play a 5-5-0 if they'd let me.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Ferris on August 05, 2022, 02:38:14 PMStrikers... eh. Wingbacks and midfielders are the places to spend for me, Clive. 4-5-1 all season, I'd play a 5-5-0 if they'd let me.

This is the same philosophy I use. Defenders are the most important players, best value for money. A premium backline, handful of premium midfielders and strikers from shit teams. Can't go wrong.