Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:03:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pulp reunion 2023

Started by sutin, July 25, 2022, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sutin

I'm loving this Pulp gossip thread, keep it coming!!

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on August 06, 2022, 09:48:20 AMApparently (and I don't know too much about this, so could be totally wrong) Steve Mackey had a bit of a fling with Alex James' girlfriend (called Justine but not that Justine). But since Mackey and James looked almost identical at the time maybe she just got confused.

I have that book somewhere and I think there's a quote from James about disliking Pulp more than Oasis because whereas Oasis made their dislike of Blur open, Pulp were sneakier about it, pretending to be mates while slagging them off behind their backs. They've never mentioned Blur to me. James ends his diatribe by saying something like: "And they were shagging our girlfriends.'' Which puts a picture in my head of Cocker's mob (including Candida) all queuing up to take their turn with various Justines.

I did once see Justine Frischmann kick Russell's arse. In a friendly sort of way.

Brundle-Fly

Let it go, Black Ship. It was the end of the century this all happened. ;)

billyandthecloneasaurus

sutin

MAY 2023
26 – Bridlington Spa, Bridlington
28 – Neighbourhood Weekender, Warrington

JUNE 2023
9 – St Anne's Park, Dublin

JULY 2023
1 – Finsbury Park, London
7 – TRNSMT Festival, Glasgow
9 – Open Air Theatre, Scarborough
11 – International Arena, Cardiff
14 – Utilita Arena, Sheffield
15 – Utilita Arena, Sheffield
21 – Latitude Festival, Suffolk

Rich Uncle Skeleton

SteveDave

Steve is not going to be playing bass though.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Kankurette

On the one hand, a few of my mates are going. On the other hand, £72?!! Fuck off.

BJBMK2

PaulTMA

TRNSMT is so bad that everyone I know from Glasgow appears to be looking into fleeing Scotland in order to see a show

jobotic

Quote from: Kankurette on October 28, 2022, 08:03:55 PMOn the one hand, a few of my mates are going. On the other hand, £72?!! Fuck off.

Really? Fucks sake. Wouldn't pay that to see the second coming of Christ.

the science eel

Why Bridlington AND Scarborough? that's just perverse

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: the science eel on October 28, 2022, 10:38:16 PMWhy Bridlington AND Scarborough? that's just perverse

It's grim up north.

They know we need some joy in our lives

...and what better way to make people feel glad of their own meagre existence than a trip to Scarborough in peak season!!!

Kankurette

Us Mancs will just have to go to Sheffield.

sutin

Quote from: Kankurette on October 28, 2022, 08:03:55 PMOn the one hand, a few of my mates are going. On the other hand, £72?!! Fuck off.

I haven't seen any ticket prices yet, where are you getting this data from?

Yeah, this is gonna be a fucking rip off but it has 'last chance' written all over it. I guess I could remortage my house.

Kankurette

NME. It may be speculation though.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: sutin on November 02, 2022, 10:55:16 AMThanks for this! I think all the standing tickets are gone though.

If you select "ticket type" then " Barclaycard Presale Standing Ticket", they look to be still available.

sutin

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on November 02, 2022, 11:10:44 AMIf you select "ticket type" then " Barclaycard Presale Standing Ticket", they look to be still available.

It took me several tries but it eventually let me buy standing tickets.

the science eel

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on October 29, 2022, 12:43:43 AMIt's grim up north.

They know we need some joy in our lives

...and what better way to make people feel glad of their own meagre existence than a trip to Scarborough in peak season!!!

All they've got there is guest houses. The Premier Inn is fully booked for that date already. The Grand is apparently a shithole.

Bridlington no better.

sutin

Oh shit, I don't know anything about Scarborough (I didn't even know where it was until this concert was announced). I guess we'll be staying miles away then.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: sutin on November 02, 2022, 03:08:30 PMIt took me several tries but it eventually let me buy standing tickets.

Great!
Glad you got in.

I looked later on and they have now sold out of standing.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: the science eel on November 02, 2022, 03:28:50 PMAll they've got there is guest houses. The Premier Inn is fully booked for that date already. The Grand is apparently a shithole.

Bridlington no better.

It is indeed a shithole!

We stayed in The Grand a couple of years ago and it was falling apart.
The two person lift wobbling and swaying it's way up to the top floor did my claustrophobia the world of good!!

All the old hotels have been left to rot and the modern hotels like travelodge, etc, are always fully booked most of the year round.

We've booked an apartment in the town centre.
It's pricey but it's a one-off
...is how we're justifying the cost to ourselves!

the science eel

Looking at Sheffield too but it seems the hotels there are fully booked on those dates too - or they're £200/night.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

christ these gigs are expensive.

the science eel

I guess this'll be it for them, too. They'd have announced European gigs by now, I mean.

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: the science eel on November 02, 2022, 04:57:36 PMI guess this'll be it for them, too. They'd have announced European gigs by now, I mean.

My prediction: they'll play a load of European festivals over the summer. The line-ups for said festivals have yet to be announced, and there's a suspiciously big gap in their itinerary between the Dublin & London shows, for example.

sutin

This is definitely not the entire schedule.