Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,796
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pulp reunion 2023

Started by sutin, July 25, 2022, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

They are definitely playing the Isle of Wight festival

How much will the tickets for Cardiff be? Asking for a men.

non capisco

I'll hopefully see them if they play Primavera which they did on the last comeback round in 2011. I like Pulp well enough but I'm not forking out nearly a ton for 'em.

sutin

Was thinking about Pencil Skirt earlier and how Jarvis sings 'flies' instead of 'fly'. That never made any sense to me, was he wearing multiple pairs of trousers?

the science eel

the science eel

Ah, OK. Normally that fly/flies thing is an American/British English difference.

sutin

Quote from: the science eel on November 04, 2022, 08:55:35 AMAh, OK. Normally that fly/flies thing is an American/British English difference.

No Northern Irish person has ever said 'flies' meaning one fly.

In other news, i'm stuck in two queues for Pulp tickets on the Ticketmaster site.

Pauline Walnuts

Just checking to see how much the tickets would be:

"You're in the queue
When it's your turn, we will take you through to choose your tickets.

People currently ahead of you: 31737"

Nope.gif

sutin

I got through in about 5 minutes. Tickets bought!

SweetPomPom

Queue was 21000+, opened another browser and got 74 so Sheffield sorted.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: DJ Bob Hoskins on November 02, 2022, 08:39:17 PMMy prediction: they'll play a load of European festivals over the summer. The line-ups for said festivals have yet to be announced, and there's a suspiciously big gap in their itinerary between the Dublin & London shows, for example.

I'd hope for something like that, though "going to festival just to see Pulp" is in the same bag as "travelling to another country just to see Pulp" for me, ie something I might do if I somehow become really rich in between now and May 2023, so a proper European tour would be preferable if unlikely.

the science eel

one ticket for Finsbury Park, £78. Happy. But haven't received a confirmation email and it's been 20 minutes now...

the science eel

It's sorting out a hotel in London that's the fucking nightmare now.

sutin

Quote from: the science eel on November 04, 2022, 09:20:33 AMone ticket for Finsbury Park, £78. Happy. But haven't received a confirmation email and it's been 20 minutes now...

Did you buy from SeeTickets? I didn't get a confirmation email from them and got paranoid so I logged into the website and managed to download the PDF tickets.

the science eel

Quote from: sutin on November 04, 2022, 09:27:39 AMDid you buy from SeeTickets? I didn't get a confirmation email from them and got paranoid so I logged into the website and managed to download the PDF tickets.

I did, yeah. Clicked on 'send confirmation email again' and it arrived in a few minutes.

imitationleather

Just gonna rock up on the day and use my innate cool to get me in

Kankurette

I overslept so missed out on getting tickets. The joys of insomnia.

jimboslice

£72 for standing tickets at Sheffield, bit much Jarvis. I mean I would have probably paid that, but I thought tickets went on sale at 10, SO IT'S A MOOT POINT.

SteveDave

I will simply just remember seeing them 5 times in the 90s/2000s and save myself ££££££££££

phes

I ended up with seating tickets at Sheffield as just couldn't get the standing ones. Undecided if arsed about sitting so they may end up back with ticketmaster

non capisco

Quote from: Pauline Walnuts on November 04, 2022, 09:09:11 AMJust checking to see how much the tickets would be:

"You're in the queue
When it's your turn, we will take you through to choose your tickets.

People currently ahead of you: 31737"

Nope.gif

Where were all these people when 'Trees' was struggling up the charts?

imitationleather

Quote from: non capisco on November 05, 2022, 02:02:25 AMWhere were all these people when 'Trees' was struggling up the charts?

I know where I was... Seeing them in a far smaller venue for a lot less lolly!!

non capisco

Not many common people gonna be singing along at those prices Jarvis mate.

IsavedLatin

Quote from: Kankurette on November 04, 2022, 10:49:55 AMI overslept so missed out on getting tickets. The joys of insomnia.

I also overslept (I cannot claim insomnia) and missed the London date entirely; however there were still tickets left for Dublin, where my family is from, so I got a ticket for that show instead -- about £20 cheaper than London, surprisingly.

SweetPomPom

So, if there's no Russell or Steve, how's Candida doing these days? I would have put money on her being retired from showbiz now.

rilk

It's 2022 and I've been priced out of Pulp

Black Ship

Quote from: SweetPomPom on November 05, 2022, 05:40:18 PMSo, if there's no Russell or Steve, how's Candida doing these days? I would have put money on her being retired from showbiz now.

Metro article from a month ago

https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/12/pulp-keyboardist-candida-doyle-shares-arthritis-journey-17538377/

SweetPomPom

Quote from: Black Ship on November 08, 2022, 02:16:09 AMMetro article from a month ago

https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/12/pulp-keyboardist-candida-doyle-shares-arthritis-journey-17538377/

Ouch. She was a trooper last time around, didn't look easy for her. Wouldn't be the same if she wasn't there though.

El Unicornio, mang

Remember watching them from a distance in '96 when I was a teenager. Spoilt for choice that weekend so wasn't even that arsed.