Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy Unleashed - On Tour! Run for your life wokes!

Started by jobotic, July 26, 2022, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobotic

Presumable they're not all on on the same night. They'll barely have time to say "ha ha trans" before the next cunt steps up.

The Culture Bunker

I almost pity the poor sods who drew the short straw and have to play the gig in Millom. Millom! They couldn't even book the Civic Hall or Rosehill theatre in Whitehaven? I can imagine about 15 people turning up to that one.

BritishHobo

Can't wait to see Count Dankula's stand-up. I'm sure it will be really really good.

Famous Mortimer

Several people on that lineup who are presumably regretting some of the career decisions they made.

up_the_hampipe

They got a reaction out of yous. You've got to give 'em that. Played right intae their hands!

Memorex MP3

Anyone know how Tony Law typically goes down at these kinds of shows? Has he started to somehow tweak his act to be more political or is he just so much better of a performer than almost everyone on that list that he'll even win over audiences that would typically hate him after they had to sit through the hitler guy.

What's the story with Reginald D Hunter?

keir

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on July 26, 2022, 02:33:43 PMWhat's the story with Reginald D Hunter?

I think I vaguely remember him saying some "o noes cancel culture" shit

Cuellar

jobotic

Just noticed

Old Market, The Brighton

I saw Laura Cantrell there, it was wonderful. They've had some great gigs. Fancy letting these lot stink the place up.

kalowski

Look at Leo Kearse! He looks absolutely barmy! I bet he's as mad as me. What a crazy guy. 😭

peteprodge

This isn't really happening, because the uber-left woke overlords have cancelled anyone who isn't PC. They're completely silenced, they said so, they don't have a voice any more.

I don't want to contradict them, so it's best we help highlight their plight by placing huge fluorescent yellow "CANCELLED" banners over any of these posters and warn people that it's not taking place.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: jobotic on July 26, 2022, 01:58:50 PMThey'll barely have time to say "ha ha trans" before the next cunt steps up.

That's a stupid thing to say. There's nothing about woke or trans even on the poster. And Scott Capuro, Reg Hunter and Tony Law are battle hardened veterans with decades of experience each, never mind between them.

Some of the acts look a bit rum but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by some of them if you just went along. I wouldn't because most of the time I can't be arsed with stand up. But you should. Might help with your prejudices against Comedy Unleashed.

Angst in my Pants

From their website I see this has been a regular night at a venue in Bethnel Green:

QuoteMany people will be familiar with the founder and owner of The Backyard, Lee Hurst, who came to fame in the 90s as a regular face on television on shows such as They Think It's All Over.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ok swerve thanks.

I saw this pop up on the website of our local in Leamington Spa with Tony Law as the main headline. He did a solo set there a while back, and I nearly booked this until I saw it's a part of this wider group theme.

QuoteIs everyone allowed into the club?
Of course! However, if you are someone who likes to be offended or willfully seeks to be offended on other people's behalf, perhaps you should take the night off. This club is for the intellectually curious and the open-minded among us.
Euch.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 26, 2022, 03:03:46 PMThat's a stupid thing to say. There's nothing about woke or trans even on the poster. And Scott Capuro, Reg Hunter and Tony Law are battle hardened veterans with decades of experience each, never mind between them.

Some of the acts look a bit rum but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised by some of them if you just went along. I wouldn't because most of the time I can't be arsed with stand up. But you should. Might help with your prejudices against Comedy Unleashed.

This trolling attempt is funnier than the output of about 80% of the people on that poster.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 26, 2022, 03:06:08 PMThis trolling attempt is funnier than the output of about 80% of the people on that poster.

Just book a ticket and tell me how you got on. It's not on in my area.

peteprodge

Quote from: checkoutgirl on July 26, 2022, 03:08:59 PMJust book a ticket and tell me how you got on. It's not on in my area.

Same here, the nearest venue would take me an hour and a half to drive to. I blame the woke Marxist road network.

Famous Mortimer

I'll pass, thanks. My mind, closed as it is, managed to sneak some information in on the people people who'll be appearing, their previous comedy output, present TV jobs, and publicly stated opinions.

Fr.Bigley

I went to a Reginald D Hunter at the fringe some years back purely based on the title of his tour. "Bitchproof".

king_tubby

Reg Hunter defended Carr's Holocaust material then had a massive social media meltdown when he was criticised.

king_tubby

No Craig Ovens on the bill though, he's too offensive for this crowd.

Small Man Big Horse

Really disappointed to see Scott Capurro on there, along with a few others, but the real surprise was Sarah Callaghan, I don't think I've ever seen her live (unless it was as part of a mixed bill years ago) but I was sure she was considered to be one of the best comedians around and someone who wouldn't want any truck with Comedy Unleashed's reputation.

pigamus

Quote from: king_tubby on July 26, 2022, 03:19:18 PMNo Craig Ovens on the bill though, he's too offensive for this crowd.

Nazi Ovens, it never ends well

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 26, 2022, 03:23:24 PMReally disappointed to see Scott Capurro on there, along with a few others, but the real surprise was Sarah Callaghan, I don't think I've ever seen her live (unless it was as part of a mixed bill years ago) but I was sure she was considered to be one of the best comedians around and someone who wouldn't want any truck with Comedy Unleashed's reputation.

I never thought the culture warriors actually went to see live comedy, perhaps I was wrong.

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 26, 2022, 02:13:52 PMSeveral people on that lineup who are presumably regretting some of the career decisions they made.

And a few claiming that their image has appeared on the poster despite them not being booked to appear.

king_tubby

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on July 26, 2022, 03:34:20 PMAnd a few claiming that their image has appeared on the poster despite them not being booked to appear.

Interesting. Who?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 26, 2022, 03:23:24 PMReally disappointed to see Scott Capurro on there, along with a few others

I think this is just a bit of work for comics who can't necessarily get any work elsewhere. What's the pay? Fuck it, why not?

Although I do remember a bit Capurro did about a sexual encounter with a guy with some sort of hand disability. It was a bit near the mark and could easily get a Twitter mob after you if the social network was in the mood that day/hour. But Twitter's never heard of Capurro so he's safe enough.

Cound Dankula isn't even a comedian, is he? Never heard of the rest of them but if someone pops along and finds out of they're any good that would be appreciated.

Moj

Didn't know Reginald D Hunter was some kind of cunt. Shame, that.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Moj on July 26, 2022, 04:02:29 PMDidn't know Reginald D Hunter was some kind of cunt. Shame, that.

I don't know about cunt, he just seems like a cranky old man with cranky old opinions who's not particularly interested in changing them.

I don't imagine this would have put a dent in his fairly successful regular touring of the theatre/arts centre circuit.