Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:26:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Abbot Elementary on Disney+

Started by dead-ced-dead, July 27, 2022, 11:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

Is anyone watching this? It's a very trope-y show, but that doesn't matter because it's very likeable and gently amusing.

I've found few belly laughs but plenty of warm chuckles. A very good cast and well written.

This was the surprise Emmy sweeper this year.

Ant Farm Keyboard

Surprisingly, it's produced by the team behind Harley Quinn (which has returned for a third season today).

veletision

I liked the first episode

Thought the 2nd was pretty bad and the acting from some is a bit janky.

Sitcoms can take 6 episodes to find their tone so i'll probably give it a few more episodes but i was underwhelmed vs the praise it was getting

mjwilson

A lot of the commentary I have seen around it has been around how "nice" it is, and linking it with Ted Lasso and trying to make a trend out of it.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: mjwilson on July 30, 2022, 09:46:28 AMA lot of the commentary I have seen around it has been around how "nice" it is, and linking it with Ted Lasso and trying to make a trend out of it.

The only show that really gets that 'nice' thing right is Bob's Burgers-adjacent animated sitcom the Great North.  Everyone's polite and rarely raises their voice, but it's the source of the humour and that humour is the backbone of the show.  It doesn't seem to be designed for the express purpose of 'being nice'.