Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:46:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Opal (Mazzy Star heavy rock influenced early incarnation)

Started by willbo, July 28, 2022, 08:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willbo

Mazzy Star is an American alternative rock band formed in 1988 in Santa Monica, California, from remnants of the group Opal. Founding member David Roback's friend Hope Sandoval became the group's vocalist when Kendra Smith left Opal.

never heard this

Dr Rock

chutnut

I've got a copy of this album but have no recollection of actually getting it or listening to it hth

sardines

The Early Recordings LP is also really good.

I will sink into nostalgia right now as I remember buying that record at Benicassim festival before it turned into a dive for pissed up Brits. It was from the Elefant label guy and we had quite a moment of collective appreciation around Opal.

David Roback's death a couple of years ago hit me quite hard. More in the sense that it went mostly unregistered in most music press.

McChesney Duntz

Quote from: chutnut on July 28, 2022, 11:22:28 AMI've got a copy of this album but have no recollection of actually getting it or listening to it hth

If you're thinking of parting with it, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. (Just don't look it up on Discogs beforehand.)