Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Andrew Tate

Started by bgmnts, August 01, 2022, 01:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

For the other terminally ill online people here - or serious kickboxing/mma fans - you may know this lad but for the uninitiated he is the new bloke on the scene in the Mansophere grift.

Now the Manosphere for those unaware is the safe space for sexists, and within this community exists a true rogues gallery of monstrous grifters, ranging from pick up artists, podcasters and just general scumbags like this Tate fellow.

He's fucked to the point of needing to live in Romania where his probable sex trafficking industry most likely thrives, as it is Romania.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5NUr9wTR4 here is a trite youtube essay about this man.

Along with baldandbankrupt, a lot of really awful sex crime men on the internet are bald. Considering my audience, I will ask if this genuinely is a source of such anger?

Oh and his USP is the fact he has one of the most hilariously irritating accents you've ever heard.

TrenterPercenter

Is it possible to learn about this arsehole without it being presented by someone à la a mode of an arsehole?  It's barely watchable.

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 01, 2022, 01:31:23 PMIs it possible to learn about this arsehole without it being presented by someone à la a mode of an arsehole?  It's barely watchable.

I tried but no i dont think it is.

HasanAbi got into a debate with him and that made him look like the div he is. So try that.

TrenterPercenter

Better

I will deliver my thoughts shortly.

Mr Vegetables

"Manosphere grift" just makes me imagine someone clutching their own testicles for money

bgmnts

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 01, 2022, 01:36:48 PMBetter

I will deliver my thoughts shortly.

Okay glad the link i edited is better. Its very hard to trudge through this.

Alberon

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on August 01, 2022, 01:37:40 PM"Manosphere grift" just makes me imagine someone clutching their own testicles for money

It's the woke name for Betty Swollocks.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: bgmnts on August 01, 2022, 01:40:12 PMOkay glad the link i edited is better. Its very hard to trudge through this.

So yeah it's all the same ingredients for the usual cult leader.  Never heard of him but there are loads like him, misogynist whispering into the inner misogynists of lonely men.  There is a lot that goes into all of this imo there are a range of challenges that a patriachal society creates for men, we've spent a lot of time (rightly) focusing on how this has impacted on women, we are attuned to it but there has been very little interest in the emotional worlds of men. It's a myth that society provides all men with success and advantages, that's not a feminist myth, it's a patriarchal myth bound up in class and the domination of men by other men (you'll notice this is part of this arseholes and all others like hims, grift - they command other men what to do).  The first step of class consciousness is men and women both understanding what society does to them and understanding each others vulnerabilities, but I don't believe we are at the stage to discuss this just yet.

Norton Canes

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 01, 2022, 01:31:23 PMIs it possible to learn about this arsehole without it being presented by someone à la a mode of an arsehole?  It's barely watchable

Under 'Controversies'

sevendaughters

he's been around for a while, cashing in and doubling down off his horrendous Big Brother appearance, booted off twitter for just saying the kind of horrible things that 200 people will say if you pull the string hidden in their back these days.

it is boring because he is so unintelligent, it's like watching a dog return to his own sick and have people throw money at him because somehow this act of sick eating is comforting to them.

that he is both a pyramid seller and a probable rapist, well why not, he's already swimming with the devil.

Quote from: bgmnts on August 01, 2022, 01:02:57 PMAlong with baldandbankrupt, a lot of really awful sex crime men on the internet are bald.

Fucking hell! I've watched quite a few of his videos about former soviet countries and India but I've just been reading about him on the strength of this post. What an absolute piece of shit.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 01, 2022, 02:05:51 PMhe's been around for a while, cashing in and doubling down off his horrendous Big Brother appearance

Hmmm yes this is interesting in a broader sense in how celebrity culture facilitates these people as well as presenting and normalising some of the worst examples of humanity.

GMTV

Was going to post about him on the YouTube recommendation thread, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

A few weeks back youtube decided I'd definitely like this cunts videos. Got inundated with his videos on the main feed and shorts feed.

It put me on a bit of a downer, is that what you really think of me youtube? Do I honestly come across as someone who would have those kind of views?

Seriously questioning my friendship with the YouTube algorithms at this point.

The best bald manospheriac is Jack Murphy

If you've got too much time on your hands and are happy to disappear down a (tbf pretty hilarious) rabbit hole google 'Jack Murphy cuck'

shoulders

How does he get his beard to grey in such a neat way. Is it CHEATING?

Sex Wax

Get me Chris Meloni's non-union Mexican equivalent!

The Lurker

I remember him from Big Brother. He, like 99% of Big Brother contestants, disappeared after the show. That was until he discovered Twitter and became a Poundland Katie Hopkins. This was back when it was pretty difficult to get banned by Twitter so he did well to manage so. He keeps turning up on my Instagram discover page so I am worried what kind of vibes I give off to Insta's algorithms if they think I'm interested in listening to his shite. I do occasionally get videos of people mocking him though so it isn't all bad.

When he starting springing up everywhere, I thought the other Andrew Tate (the Man United fan notable for becoming a meme) had turned into a right-wing grifter.

Mobius

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on August 01, 2022, 02:06:35 PMFucking hell! I've watched quite a few of his videos about former soviet countries and India but I've just been reading about him on the strength of this post. What an absolute piece of shit.

Yeah was a big fan of his videos, then I found this reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldAndBaldrDossier/

Baldr is Harald Baldr who you probably have seen if you watch Bald videos. He seems to just be a standard dickhead, not on the same level as these sex tourist youtubers

The PUA community predates the 'Manosphere' by yonks, I remember reading The Game and hearing about the different PUA communities way before I ever heard of the term. The interesting part is how concepts from PUA's, such as 'negging' have been sanitized in the present day and dare I say almost acceptable as an example of young men having good 'banter' or 'chat'.

The Game was quite influential to my working class male friendship group when it was released, and it was against a pop culture rife with problematic treatment of women, The American Pie Movies, Nu Metal, the 'hos and bitches' described in gangster rap. Then you had lads mags and page 3. It's a wonder any of us managed to evolve from our Inbetweeners state of minds.

But did all these profoundly negative influences lead to long-standing toxic masculinity in any of us? Maybe we just grew up, and that toxic masculinity is a phase. Or perhaps we changed due to the advantage of not being part of an online culture back then, so we weren't bombarded with content on various platforms, in a sense indoctrination requires a steady flow of content, and the messages we received were interrupted and mostly then forgotten.

Bently Sheds

Wasn't there an Andrew Tate who was a Colin Hunt-esque character that regularly contributed to the Viz letters page, mainly to plug his self-released albums?

Coffeezilla just dropped a video on Andrew Tate, prepare to cry when you see how much money he's making.

Spoiler alert
$5 million a month apparently
[close]

sevendaughters

It'd be something if I envied him, but I dispute that we live in a consequence-free world as suggesed by the video. Look at Vince McMahon. Living psycho catches you. Honestly don't know how people can't see straight through this stuff in 2022.

Terence Bowl

Quote from: Bently Sheds on August 02, 2022, 07:43:58 AMWasn't there an Andrew Tate who was a Colin Hunt-esque character that regularly contributed to the Viz letters page, mainly to plug his self-released albums?
That was who I thought of when I saw the thread title but thinking about it he may have been a Tait rather than a Tate.
Never heard of this bald cunt.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: sevendaughters on August 02, 2022, 09:33:03 AMI dispute that we live in a consequence-free world as suggesed by the video. Look at Vince McMahon.

Different thing to what the video is saying, consequence free from saying inciting rhetoric and grifting online not actions in the "real world".  According to that wiki Tate is being investigated for human trafficking.

These people will always exist they are modern day snake oil salesman and the reason people fall for it is because of well known techniques around framing and emotional manipulation.  Ask most Peterson fans and they will tell you he is kind man, a humble man (my former friend that now thinks I'm a Nazi was quick to remind me "he even brings Kermit the Frog out to take the Mickey out of himself", awwwww well that's ok then I guess) the tune into somethings and out of others, they see his hatred as functional and not to be truly believed (we do this on the left all of the time btw and there are elements of grift in the leftwing attention economy).  These conmen then tap into insecurities like a virus and the provide the host with a new emotional infection; it works because a lot of these men have no confidence, sense of identity and bags and bags of self loathing giving them a shot of "alpha" introduces something to  them they likely haven't felt for the majority of their life, and like a drug it takes away the emotional pain for brief amount of time (and keeps them coming back to get topped up).

The solution is to properly address and deal with male mental health but we all still (men, women and even LGBTQ+) too invested in patriarchal culture and too many liberal people still erroneously believe there is too much to lose in addressing these problems genuinely.  Should we have to do it? No, but we shouldn't have to do anything really, empathy voids are always a selfish solution if we chose them.  This however leads to if not us then who? Left-wingers have always taken the lead on these things and usually to their own disadvantages, that is just the way it goes, that is the burden of doing the right thing.

Kankurette

Oh golly, another obnoxious online grifter called Andrew.

Re male mental health, plenty of these alpha male types seem to think it doesn't exist, and that men who cry, aren't physically strong, have equal relationships with their partners etc. are betas, cucks, that sort of thing. They're the same people telling men to 'man up' and stop being pussies. 'In my day, we just got on with it.' It is heartwarming to see that in the macho world of '90s men's football, middle-aged male players are talking about depression and the impact of the game on their mental health (John Sheridan springs to mind - no, really), but there is still a lot of work to be done.

canadagoose

Quote from: Mobius on August 02, 2022, 07:08:00 AMYeah was a big fan of his videos, then I found this reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldAndBaldrDossier/

Baldr is Harald Baldr who you probably have seen if you watch Bald videos. He seems to just be a standard dickhead, not on the same level as these sex tourist youtubers
No idea about the person in this topic, but I remember being very disappointed when I discovered BaB was a cunt. I suppose most people with that level of charisma do tend to be that way. Baldr I wasn't surprised about because he seems like a right wee racist.

MrsWarboysLover

I had the misfortune of being sent a few Andrew Tate videos (very short ones) and being told about him.
After watching them it became very clear he's not worth thinking about. He's not even entertaining to make fun of.
There's not even a coherent worldview behind the stuff he says, it's just a guy desperately trying to appear 'badass' and saying whatever he can think of in the moment. Not worth anyone's time.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on August 02, 2022, 07:29:10 AMThe PUA community predates the 'Manosphere' by yonks, I remember reading The Game and hearing about the different PUA communities way before I ever heard of the term. The interesting part is how concepts from PUA's, such as 'negging' have been sanitized in the present day and dare I say almost acceptable as an example of young men having good 'banter' or 'chat'.

I dunno, I reckon teasing someone to try and get attention is something that pre-dated negging. It's basically playground stuff that's been around since forever and negging is a particularly weaponized form of it.

sevendaughters

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on August 02, 2022, 10:35:29 AMDifferent thing to what the video is saying, consequence free from saying inciting rhetoric and grifting online not actions in the "real world".  According to that wiki Tate is being investigated for human trafficking.

in a way that is difficult to prove I kind of think the two things are connected by sheer arrogance and contempt for others. agreed with the rest of the post.