Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

August 08, 2022, 01:53:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Tarantino Has A Podcast

Started by Keebleman, August 03, 2022, 04:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rack and peanut

They said podcast, he thought...

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 04, 2022, 08:31:43 PMI didn't mean it in the sense of conning, more from a Joe Rogan or Kevin Smith style of operation. Lots of ads, lots of opportunities to admire the sound of your own voice, relatively easy way to make money for someone with a large fanbase. I used the wrong word, evidently.

Ah, okay. It's of more use to Avary as a way of making some money, though. Tarantino isn't short of a few quid, he's probably just doing this to help out his mate (while enjoying talking at length about films).

Goldentony

is roger avary the one who accidentally killed an entire family or somthing mad EDIT it was a car crash and one person sorry im clearly thinking of someone similar but not him

beanheadmcginty

During the Roger Moore discussion they keep mentioning him starring in a film called "Folks" (or at least that's what it sounds like they're saying), and how that is their favourite Roger Moore film. WTF are they on about? There's no Roger Moore film called Folks or anything similar.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Goldentony on August 05, 2022, 07:09:34 PMis roger avary the one who accidentally killed an entire family or somthing mad EDIT it was a car crash and one person sorry im clearly thinking of someone similar but not him
Matthew Brodderick or Rebecca Gayheart or Caitlyn Kenner or Venus Williams?

Custard

Goldentony

I googled around and it's less dramatic than that because for some reason I was thinking of Robert Blake

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on August 05, 2022, 10:30:55 PMDuring the Roger Moore discussion they keep mentioning him starring in a film called "Folks" (or at least that's what it sounds like they're saying), and how that is their favourite Roger Moore film. WTF are they on about? There's no Roger Moore film called Folks or anything similar.

It's 'North Sea Hijack' - it's called 'ffolkes'in the US.

Keebleman

Just listened to the Moonraker/Firefox episode and enjoyed it quite a bit.  It sounds just the same as any of the gazillion other podcasts with nerdy guys talking about movies, except that one of these guys is one of the most successful and influential filmmakers of the last 30 years: it definitely gives his opinion more weight (and Avary himself of course has made movies; I thought Killing Zoe was actually pretty good).

I guess it's age, but Tarantino's voice has changed a lot.  Quite often I couldn't tell who was speaking from the sound of the voices, and had to infer who was who from how fast they were speaking.

I didn't find Gala particularly annoying.  On the face of it, it does seem rather redundant having her there but that's only because she isn't famous.  She obviously has a built-in rapport with the other two and I'm sure over time her presence will seem entirely natural.

Haven't listened to the section on Delirium yet cos QT and/or Avary are saying that the less you know about the film before seeing it the better, and it has been uploaded to YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nHjygLuy_k

Keebleman

Quote from: Goldentony on August 05, 2022, 07:09:34 PMis roger avary the one who accidentally killed an entire family or somthing mad EDIT it was a car crash and one person sorry im clearly thinking of someone similar but not him

Eric Rad, author of The Hitcher and writer/director of an underrated road movie called Cohen and Tate, is another vehicular manslaughterer.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Harpo Speaks on August 06, 2022, 01:57:03 AMIt's 'North Sea Hijack' - it's called 'ffolkes'in the US.

Oh I see. What a bizarre title change. I wonder what the thinking was behind that decision.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Replies From View on August 04, 2022, 10:48:13 AMHow can he now be in his 50s?  Was he 12 when he did Reservoir Dogs?

That would explain it, I suppose.

Almost 60, tbf

I'd probably listen to this but I'd have Scorsese as my no 1 choice for a director podcaster. Could listen to that guy talk movies 24/7

Replies From View

14 when he made Reservoir Dogs then

Well that explains it at least!

phantom_power

Quote from: Keebleman on August 06, 2022, 10:29:56 AMEric Rad, author of The Hitcher and writer/director of an underrated road movie called Cohen and Tate, is another vehicular manslaughterer.

With the added gruesomeness of him trying to kill himself directly afterwards