Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:51:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Novelty/fake/justabitoff genre songs

Started by rilk, August 04, 2022, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rilk

Cash-ins or parodies, cynical or warm, cod reggae, knock off handbag house, bad rap, comedy punk. It's often the stuff I go back to.

The Piglets - Johnny Reggae

Jonny Rubbish - Living in NW3 4JR

E-Motion - The Naughty North and the Sexy South

non capisco

bigfatheart

I suspect you'll already be aware, but Cherry Red have put out a couple of volumes of Bubblerock Is Here To Stay, a compilation series dedicated to the early 70s branch of this sort of stuff, including a few things by the fella non capisco is alluding to there.

This here from the Sad is on that - bisploitation, I suppose it could be called? Oddly enough, covered by Kevin Keegan, albeit with a lot of lyrical changes, as you'd expect.

rilk

Quote from: bigfatheart on August 05, 2022, 12:17:17 AMI suspect you'll already be aware, but Cherry Red have put out a couple of volumes of Bubblerock Is Here To Stay, a compilation series dedicated to the early 70s branch of this sort of stuff, including a few things by the fella non capisco is alluding to there.

This here from the Sad is on that - bisploitation, I suppose it could be called? Oddly enough, covered by Kevin Keegan, albeit with a lot of lyrical changes, as you'd expect.

I love it but what does bisplotation mean?

Kipper - Kipper

BJBMK2

Cynical? Check. Cash in? Check. Also bonus points for literally just taking an already existing track, doing it again, and getting to number 1 in the charts, for doing the sum total of fuck all.

bigfatheart

Quote from: rilk on August 05, 2022, 12:34:16 AMI love it but what does bisplotation mean?

Combination of bisexual and exploitation - lyrics jumping on board the bandwagon started by glam, not necessarily sincerely.