Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,203
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:51:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Serious art discussion thread

Started by touchingcloth, August 09, 2022, 07:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

I've just been struck by some particularly big art after I had a tea of beans and sprouts.

idunnosomename

clagnut, tagnut, doompety-do

Bums. lol

Goldentony

big fan of art, works hard, loves its kids, gets on with things

Midas

'3D Lettering' by Neil Buchanan, 1996

touchingcloth

Quote from: Midas on August 09, 2022, 07:46:33 PM

'3D Lettering' by Neil Buchanan, 1996

That's blowing my mind. What is that technique called? What media does he work in?

Ferris

Midas

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 09, 2022, 11:53:35 PMWhat media does he work in?

He's a multidisciplinary artist, this was from a series of studies using felt tip

Replies From View

Heavily inspired by the hands of Tony Hart, to whom the T is a tribute.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Ray Travez

I like Andy Warhol-
he painted matchstick men and matchstick cats and dogs
He painted kids on the corner of the street inhaling drugs
And now he takes his brush and he waits, outside an empty Yates,
singing something something, matchstick fucks and clogs

Replies From View

Very brazen attempt from America these weeks to turn a magician in a Perspex suspension into "art" using only persuasion and guile.

Spoon of Ploff

This is a picture by William Blake.

It's been said that this picture was the inspiration behind Metamorphosis; the short story by Francis Kafka.

William Blake also wrote songs, but it's not known if he liked the sport of rugby (union or league).

William Blake was once put on trial for sedition after getting into an argument with a soldier and calling the king a c*nt. 

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on August 11, 2022, 07:12:50 AMThis is a picture by William Blake.

It's been said that this picture was the inspiration behind Metamorphosis; the short story by Francis Kafka.

William Blake also wrote songs, but it's not known if he liked the sport of rugby (union or league).

William Blake was once put on trial for sedition after getting into an argument with a soldier and calling the king a c*nt. 

i bet dracula knows what a man is

Ferris

I went to an Andy Warhol exhibit in Toronto a few years ago on a whim. It was underwhelming and overpriced and I left feeling like I'd been conned, which in retrospect is a fitting tribute to the man himself.

popcorn

Went to a David Hockney exhibition in Cambridge a couple of months ago, loads of it was just mad stuff he'd done on MS Paint or whatever, enjoyed.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Had the pleasure of going to an Ai Weiwei exhibition. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Replies From View

Quote from: popcorn on August 11, 2022, 02:00:08 PMWent to a David Hockney exhibition in Cambridge a couple of months ago, loads of it was just mad stuff he'd done on MS Paint or whatever, enjoyed.

Oh yes, Ringo Starr you mean.  A great bunch of lads

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 09, 2022, 11:53:35 PMThat's blowing my mind. What is that technique called? What media does he work in?

Television.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 11, 2022, 02:46:53 PMTelevision.

What, just giant works of art made outdoors out of smashed up televisions? Doesn't sound very likely.

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 11, 2022, 03:48:26 PMWhat, just giant works of art made outdoors out of smashed up televisions? Doesn't sound very likely.

This is an Art Attack

*smears Craypas™ all over the screen of a 28" Grundig in a branch of Rumbelows*

This is an Art Attack

*dips a 14" black and white portable into some green paint and uses it like a potato stamp*

This is Art Attack! *klaxon*

touchingcloth

We all remember the episode where he an homage to Georgia O'Keefe Art Attack out of some dildongs.

I remember when The Head won the Turner prize for that exquisite piece where he forgot to glue feathers onto the canvas so they catapulted across the room when the easel popped up.

touchingcloth

Neil Buchanan making a beautiful city skyline from an old bin bag and a load of used tampons.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 11, 2022, 03:48:26 PMWhat, just giant works of art made outdoors out of smashed up televisions? Doesn't sound very likely.

It's more likely than you think!

Neil Buchanan seemingly just eating a packet of Hob-Nobs, but he opens his mouth mid-chew and reveals he's shaped the oaty mush into a perfect facsimile of Van Gogh's Cafe Terrace at Night.

touchingcloth

Jonny Sparrow in year 7 told me that Neil Buchanan's red Art Attack jumpers cost £7,000 each because they were made out of a special red fabric that wouldn't cause the cameras to strobe.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 11, 2022, 10:12:22 PMJonny Sparrow in year 7 told me that Neil Buchanan's red Art Attack jumpers cost £7,000 each because they were made out of a special red fabric that wouldn't cause the cameras to strobe.

Fucking hell I heard that one as well! Will Morgan in year 5 though if memory serves it was ten grand not 7.

That's two sources, someone bung it up on Wikipedia.

Ray Travez