Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Real life desolation

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 11, 2022, 04:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chip

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 12, 2022, 10:53:13 AM"now she's just working in a fuckin call centre. But what do you expect? She's a whore."

Cheap Trick, rewrite

flotemysost

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on August 12, 2022, 12:01:18 PMMum to crying toddler : "What's wrong with you now, you little spaz?"

Yeah hearing this stuff when kids are involved is properly awful. I remember overhearing an exchange in the street outside my old flat from one of the neighbours, a (white) woman saying to a young (Black, I think mixed race) child: "Why are they teaching you all this shit about Black History Month, anyway? What about White History Month?"

Deso as fuck.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: neveragain on August 12, 2022, 11:39:31 AMMum, to Little Girl: What do you want, what do you actually want?
Little Girl, quietly: Hold hand.
Mum, conclusively: Do you want some cake?

I'm Neil hunt and I'm LOVING MY LIFE

Ferris

Quote from: neveragain on August 12, 2022, 11:39:31 AMMum, to Little Girl: What do you want, what do you actually want?
Little Girl, quietly: Hold hand.
Mum, conclusively: Do you want some cake?

I have a real thing about people talking over little kids or not listening to what they say. It happens a more then you'd think, sometimes unintentionally (people are old/deaf and kids are quiet), sometimes intentionally - it's indirectly telling the kid that their thoughts and opinions are of no value, and then adults get confused when kids scream and cry to make themselves heard.

Also little kids have such interesting thoughts - my boy asked if I'd ever seen a "playngo ship" yesterday and I had no idea what he was on about. Then I remembered we talked about a friend who works on the docks unloading cars from cargo ships last week, and he'd obviously been thinking about it and concluded that a cargo ship is literally "car go-ship" so there must be equivalent ships for other vehicles so he asked about plane-go ships cos he likes planes.

It's fascinating to watch kids figure out bits of the adult world like that (especially the bits that don't make sense because it challenges you to explain things you'd never thought of before) and I'd be sad if I thought I was missing them because I was parping on about cake or whatever. It's one of the better things about having kids.

dissolute ocelot

There's an article in the Guardian today about a penguin being killed by a fox at Edinburgh Zoo but it slips into real desolation at the end:
QuoteIn June, Colchester zoo lost its 21-year-old Patagonian sea lion.

Paris, who had been at the zoo for 19 years, died during an examination for an ear infection "despite all best efforts taken to help her".

Last year, an electrical fault at a petting zoo led to a fire that killed cockatoos, macaws, parrots, meerkats, armadillos and skunks.

Maldon Promenade Petting Zoo's barn in Essex said: "We will never forget the beautiful animals that we have lost in such tragic circumstances, some of the little guys kept at our private farm were retired, resting, or previous unwanted pets that we tried so hard to care for."
You're just listing dead zoo animals now, Guardian. Why do you need to tell us these things? It's Friday, for fuck's sake.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on August 12, 2022, 04:25:37 PMThere's an article in the Guardian today about a penguin being killed by a fox at Edinburgh Zoo but it slips into real desolation at the end:You're just listing dead zoo animals now, Guardian. Why do you need to tell us these things? It's Friday, for fuck's sake.

If you'd like a personal deso story about Edinburgh zoo,my ex-housemates dog died there while he was working as a builder. His van had an electrical fault, she hid from the flames but died of smoke inhilation. The vets there did all they could :(

neveragain

Quote from: Ferris on August 12, 2022, 01:53:18 PMI have a real thing about people talking over little kids or not listening to what they say.

Me too, for the same reasons you described. Anything that makes a child feel unimportant or not worthy of respect is just bad parenting.

Sebastian Cobb

Some cheeky prick shouted 'alright jesus?' at me earlier.

imitationleather

Jesus, the blurry-faced bollock worshipped by Christians

Mister Six

Overheard in Harlem:

"Where are we going, mommy?"
"Mommy's going to get a drink."

Jerrykeshton

I briefly worked in a mobile and special needs library. I saw many desolate things including people with dementia trying to bribe me with a Mars bar to sneak them out of a care home, but none tops the afternoon when we parked up outside a primary school in Tipton as we were out providing a public access service.

Coincidentally, it was the day the Sure Start books had been issued to the 5-6 year olds to take home. A little girl was proudly carrying her new books towards her mom. They had been told all about libraries too. She saw the mobile library and excitedly ran towards it, until her mom shouted out in a broad Black Country accent

"Yow cum ere Kylie. There's nuffink for yow in there. It's only books."

This was about 20 years ago now. I'm guessing the whole process is repeating as we speak.

neveragain

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: neveragain on August 13, 2022, 11:27:26 PM(Whispers) What does it mean?

Sorry it was a reference to one of bob mortimers characters, one of the lines was like something he would say

Ferris

Rich Uncle Skeleton

"hard as a totem pole" bam that's going straight in the bed repertoire.

Not happy about the cultural appropriation. I'd probably swap totem pole for barge pole or maybe Gallup poll. It wouldn't lose any of the romance.

Sebastian Cobb

Dunno 'totem pole' has a bit more of a girthier image.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

But there's all faces on it!

And often a beaked eagle's head on the top. Outstretched wings too.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Exactly! Just think what that can do to a lady's fanny!

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

Armed Traffic Warden

An illegal immigrant Pole?

As hard as the rifle of the man on the grassy knoll?

As hard as steel until age drink and drugs took their toll?

As long as the dildo of a Barbie Doll?

Video Game Fan 2000

roses are red
violets are blue
my kegs wigwam
when i think of you

Video Game Fan 2000

if you take her out for a nice meal Giggsy maybe she'll let you visit the cigar store afterwards

I love like you more
Than I can put into words
But if it's OK with you
I'll still see other birds.

touchingcloth

After coming home from footie
I like playing with your bottie
I will fill your every hole
And some of mine, too - oops, own goal!
I know you like sex in my mansion
And you get so wet for my scansion
You make me rock hard, like a totem