Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is there anything that doesn't sound better if you put 'space' in front of it

Started by Vodkafone, August 11, 2022, 11:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vodkafone

I went to the National Space Centre in Leicester once - and I think we can already agree that this sounds better than plain old 'the National Centre' - and you can buy space ice cream in the gift shop. I had strawberry flavour. You could just tell yourself that it was flavoured with ordinary strawberries, but that might be disappointing. And I don't know about you, CaB, but I am not someone who likes to be disappointed. If Mr Disappointment comes a-knocking, I don't want to be at home. In fact, I want to be at his home, banging Mrs. Disappointment, when that happens.

'Space strawberries' on the other hand - full of excitement and promise. I think we can all get behind that.

But [here's the one that's driving me berserk] - is there anything that doesn't sound better if you put 'space' in front of it? I haven't thought of anything yet - but in the spirit of thorough inquiry, I throw this reasearch opportunity out to you, the good citizens of Cook'd and Bomb'd.

Vodkafone

madhair60

Goldentony

space nonces
space polio
space tribunal
space paul
space animal dressed like bloke visiting you in the night

Twit 2

If you say space ghettos in an American accent it sounds like you're saying spice girls in a Scottish accent

alright cheers

QDRPHNC

flotemysost

Think of all the laps Space Captain Tom could have completed... of EARTH!

Sherringford Hovis

Armed Traffic Warden

Space closet.

It becomes somehow even more mundane.

'Space diarrhoea' - ok that's better.
  But 'Space diarrhoea stains' is worse. Unless you're a 'Space cleaner' paid by surface area covered.

JesusAndYourBush

Zero Gravitas

-ing which is the practice of execution by throwing you out of an airlock.

Dex Sawash

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 12, 2022, 02:08:33 AM-ing which is the practice of execution by throwing you out of an airlock.

i thought it was a sex move involving two matchsticks and a penny

PlanktonSideburns

Sonny_Jim

Properly annoyed that my space bar doesn't rocket me to hyperspace like in Star Wars.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 12, 2022, 01:53:47 AMalcoholism

Apparently the Russian parts of the ISS had small supplies of vodka for celebrating special occasions.

NASA etc didn't, but I think some American astronauts have admitted that they imbibed in toasts when their Russian colleagues broke it out and were feeling hospitable enough to share.

Buelligan

Blue Jam