Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:38:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

British Comedy Awards 1993

Started by geeef, August 12, 2022, 04:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angst in my Pants

I saw Julian's "Born to Mince" earlier this year, he's still got that wonderfully dry humour, and those strikingly good looks.

During an audience interaction bit, he asked a man what his name was, and he replied "How's Norman Lamont?", proudly snorting at his perception of his own hilarity.

I felt quite sorry for Julian, rather than one of his usual barbed retorts he just sighed sadly, "Yes, well done with your thirty year old reference".

Other than that it was a great night, he still does bits like his old "Sticky Moments" show, some inventive innuendo that even made this old guttersnipe blush, and even a couple of songs, the best of which being:

Spoiler alert
"Sometimes Life's a Cunt"
[close]

EDIT: New page fist-pump

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 12, 2022, 07:04:35 PMAlso, as badaids and Lisa said, Clary's punchline is drowned out by the laughter. It's easy to miss.

Ross' comeback is pretty good too.

Yeah I had to rewatch it, I hadn't picked up on the punchline before. The humour in it for me is the matter of fact, innocent way in which he says it, plus the bit before "very nice of you to re-create Hampstead Heath for me here" in relation to the set design.

While the tabloid media reaction was undoubtedly homophobic (and let's remind ourselves that just a few years' previously they were attempting to slur Elton John as a paedo just because he was gay)  you could see from the reactions that the audience knew there was going to be trouble, along with Ross's "are we still on?"