Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,358
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:45:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Salman Rushdie attacked

Started by Alberon, August 12, 2022, 04:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I once had a relationship with a Czech girl who had those Garfield the Cat eyes like Salman Rushdie has. She also looked a bit like Courteney Love. Massive knockers, too.

More obit material, there, well worth a new page.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 12, 2022, 05:36:36 PMHaven't read it, but I read the book he published after that, " Buddha's A Big Fat Cunt."

You'll have a certain curly haired Scottish comedian/magician in a top hat issuing a fatwa, on you, Lisa.

Norton Canes

"Stab the Rushdie on the left-hand side" 

imitationleather

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 12, 2022, 08:04:08 PMTBF Salman Rushdie also had some massive knockers

The Ayatollah was one of his massive knockers

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: Satchmo Distel on August 12, 2022, 08:12:59 PM"Stab the Rushdie on the left-hand side" 

A twofer ( cos of the drummer with Musical Youth carking it) ! Good effort!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: imitationleather on August 12, 2022, 08:14:06 PMThe Ayatollah was one of his massive knockers

"knocker" in this context being a stern critic, not a mammary gland.

Buelligan

Were his tits Bono and The Edge? 

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: madhair60 on August 12, 2022, 04:49:36 PM... I'm certainly in no "rush" for him to "die"!

You don't want him to rush die, surely?

Mister Six

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 12, 2022, 05:31:21 PMWhereas " Stabbed In The Neck" reminds me of that Supergrass song

# Stabbed in the neck
  There I was
  Oh, Flippin''Eck # 

Stabbed by a man
Wiv a knife in his hand
I must stay alive
I'm just 75

If only I'd never wrote that book
This guy wouldn't have gone at me with a knife
I knew I should have called it off last night

Down on the boards
Neck has been gored
I pissed off Iran
They're behind it for sure
Well this is a blow
Like with Charlie Hebdo

If only they'd calm down and let me go
I'd make it up to them, new book
Yeah I'd have another go
But I still know Mohammed's a nonce, all right?

...I should probably stop this now.

The Mollusk

buttgammon

QuoteThe Guardian's Hadley Freeman previously wrote a profile of Rushdie last year:

Poor Salman Rushdie. The one thing I am most keen to talk to him about is the one thing he absolutely, definitely does not want to discuss.

Is it toilets or Woody Allen being a great bunch of lads?

Mister Six

Maybe what it's like to be stabbed in the neck by a lunatic.

Bernice

This was actually all a plot cooked up by Rushdie to get out of his Hadley Freeman interview. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a guy who's good at both timekeeping and stabbing you in the neck on a reasonable budget. Ended up with the worst of both worlds, the poor fucker.

Keebleman

I've read Midnight's Children and enjoyed it quite a lot, despite 'magic realism' being my least favourite literary genre.  15 years on though I can't recall anything about it bar the premise.

And I read - in one day (I was a very underused extra on Casualty) - The Golden House, which I remember began with an interesting idea about a film being made of its protagonist which it almost instantly dropped.  It was as if Rushdie had completed his first draft with all its tentativities and dead-ends and thought, That'll do.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: imitationleather on August 12, 2022, 08:14:06 PMThe Ayatollah was one of his massive knockers

Calling the Ayatollah a massive tit definitely feels like how you get a fatwa declared against you.

CaB's had a good run I guess and it's a hell of a way to go out.

idunnosomename

Salman Cushdie

play it nice and cool son know what i aAUUUGgh

Keebleman

Quote from: Keebleman on August 12, 2022, 05:50:12 PMI reckon it's very short odds on a) the attacker not having been alive in 1989;  b) the attacker never having read The Satanic Verses; c) the attacker never having even heard the title The Satanic Verses.

The suspect is 24 so my first guess was right, and I'm all but certain that the second one is too.  All I need for a full house is to get him on a TV quiz show and tell him, "Now, for our star prize list all of Salman Rusdhie's novels!"

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 12, 2022, 10:29:09 PMSalman Cushdie

play it nice and cool son know what i aAUUUGgh

It can't be! Ayatollah Slater!

Norton Canes

"Police had no indication there were any previous threats before the event where Rushdie was attacked"

Er...

Pinball

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 12, 2022, 08:04:08 PMTBF Salman Rushdie also had some massive knockers
I think you'll find it's massive balls that he had and has.

Video Game Fan 2000

My 'Garfield the Cat eyes' are up here.

Bernice

Yeah but your huge tits are in the lasagna.

pancreas

Lord Mandrake

The Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Mister Six

Severed nerves in his arm, damage to his liver, likely to lose an eye and now on a ventilator, according to his agent.

Feeling a bit bad about that Supergrass riff now.

katzenjammer

Dissing Islam was naughty, but knife?