Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:40:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What the Heche?

Started by kalowski, August 12, 2022, 07:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
An hearse - for the funeral next week, please.

It's ironic that on one of the few deaths about which no-one would have objected to disrespect, if the truth had been known, I recall no flippant puns.  I allude there to Jimmy Savile

Butchers Blind

It's just our way of dealing with it.
Whistling through the graveyard.

madhair60

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 13, 2022, 07:22:01 AMmiddle aged men doing a weak imitation of 4chan type lulz. get a bloody grip!

hahaha do you even know what 4chan is

madhair60

4chan well known for its wordplay

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 13, 2022, 09:19:13 AMWhistling through the graveyard.

You'll be jailed under Truss, unless her proposed act excludes dead women.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 13, 2022, 09:19:13 AMIt's just our way of dealing with it.
Whistling through the graveyard.

Is everybody fair game or is it just people with a public profile?

Dex Sawash

I enjoy serious discussion of tragedy as well as strained gags at the expense of the dead. I'm really in a deep dark De-Heched mode rn

Video Game Fan 2000

fame and mortality both deserve dignity

QDRPHNC

A tragic situation, but it could been much worse. Imagine if she had veered into a nursery where babies and young children are cared for during the working day.

idunnosomename

ah yes, but what if ONE of those babies

If,, if, if!  If my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle!

Video Game Fan 2000

Twit 2

As a fan of Chris Morris and Peter Cook, I really dislike bad taste humour.

Blinder Data

Quote from: madhair60 on August 13, 2022, 10:28:07 AM4chan well known for its wordplay

it's not the wordplay - more the shite edgelord humour in the face of tragic events

nero

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 13, 2022, 02:25:56 PMA tragic situation, but it could been much worse. Imagine if she had veered into a nursery where babies and young children are cared for during the working day.

An Creche?

madhair60

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 14, 2022, 02:00:53 AMit's not the wordplay - more the shite edgelord humour in the face of tragic events

it strikes me as a tone-deaf comparison to make considering 4chan is defined almost exclusively by absolutely vile bigotry that isn't tolerated here. entirely reasonable not to find the death puns amusing/tasteful but dark humour has always been a big part of CaB, and frankly it used to be far, far worse for it.

I'm probably taking this too seriously but 4chan is really fucking racist not to mention transphobic to a fault, so the implication that this place is the same bristles my pubes

Brundle-Fly

I really like dark humour, but joking about somebody's death on a public forum when they're barely even cold seems well...cold. If that's what the people want, so be it. We've lost some people on CaB and nobody would dream of making puns about them. Why? What's the difference?

Anyway, blah blah...carry on. 

Anne Heche R.I.P.

madhair60

I feel like there's a pretty obvious difference between the death of someone in the public eye and the death of a friend in a close-knit community.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 13, 2022, 06:19:22 PMAs a fan of Chris Morris and Peter Cook, I really dislike bad taste humour.

Someone used a similar argument to defend the Madelaine McCann jokes that were frequently posted on here and it was just as stupid then.

Twit 2

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 14, 2022, 01:05:30 PMSomeone used a similar argument to defend the Madelaine McCann jokes that were frequently posted on here and it was just as stupid then.

Yeah, I suppose no need to invoke Cook/Morris as a point of comparison. The jokes don't need that validation. It's fine to find gallows humour and naff puns funny in themselves.

pigamus

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 13, 2022, 01:47:33 AMIt's juvenile and always fucking horrible.

The only time it really bothered me was Dawn Foster. I suppose that makes me a hypocrite.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: madhair60 on August 14, 2022, 12:40:52 PMI feel like there's a pretty obvious difference between the death of someone in the public eye and the death of a friend in a close-knit community.

Over the years, I've personally known a couple of public figures who received the Beano CaB comic death puns on their passing. I think there is a bit of goalpost moving here.  I just find it odd that CaB can be so sensitive about certain issues on one hand and then be like a sniggering student at the back of the common room when somebody on the day dies in tragic circumstances or goes too young, irrespective of their public profile or wealth.

Anyway, not the appropriate thread for this blather. No backseat moderating here. The puns will continue and I'll live. Hopefully.

Yours Brundle-Die x

Sherringford Hovis

"Great stuff."
Bogbrush Jerry Sadowitz

BlodwynPig

Her son is named Homer Laffoon. RIP

Dex Sawash

Was searching for cookdandbombd + a filmorsomething last night, saw CaB mentioned on another forum hand wringing on Sept 11 2001 about CaB joking about things.

Mister Six

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 14, 2022, 03:10:00 PMWas searching for cookdandbombd + a filmorsomething last night, saw CaB mentioned on another forum hand wringing on Sept 11 2001 about CaB joking about things.

Link?

madhair60

Quote from: Mister Six on August 14, 2022, 03:44:25 PMLink?

there was some handwringing discussion about dark humour