Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:43:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What the Heche?

Started by kalowski, August 12, 2022, 07:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: kittens on August 15, 2022, 06:45:26 PMhow long is the respectful amount of time to wait until i can post Paul McCarkedny

A fortnight and a day.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on August 15, 2022, 06:42:23 PMGallow Biafra lead singer of the Acceptable Amount of Time Passed Kennedys
Both dead for about a decade when the band formed. Not sure what your point is.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: kittens on August 15, 2022, 06:45:26 PMhow long is the respectful amount of time to wait until i can post Paul McCarkedny

Paul McFucked

Goldentony

when I find myself in times of trouble
mother mary comes to me
speaking words of wisdom
"FUCKED"

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 15, 2022, 07:14:10 PMBoth dead for about a decade when the band formed. Not sure what your point is.

i was making a point with that post wasn't i

Pull m'cadaver out of the crematorium furnace, at least what's left of it.

Video Game Fan 2000

Butchers Blind

I've got money riding on Ringo winning The Beatles.

Video Game Fan 2000

I've got a laptop running with ELTON GONE ready to go and I'm F5ing BBC news 24/7

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 15, 2022, 07:39:10 PMI've got money riding on Ringo winning The Beatles.

Whoever of he and Paul survives, you can imagine after the other's dead them announcing 'I am the Beatles!  Goo-goo-goo-joob!'

Goldentony

mull of FUCKED

mull of SHAT THE BED

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 15, 2022, 07:41:39 PMWhoever of he and Paul survives, you can imagine after the other's dead them announcing 'I am the Beatles!  Goo-goo-goo-joob!'

his eulogy will be I'VE WON THE BEATLES, GEAR! AS WINNER OF BEATLES PEACE AND LOVE PEACE OF LOVE IM MOURNING YOU PAUL WITH PEACE AND LOVE

Video Game Fan 2000

some people want to fill the grave with paul mccartney

Goldentony

gotta pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues but you know they're FUCKED

Video Game Fan 2000

temporary paul mccartney

holdover

Helter Skeleton

Video Game Fan 2000

shiftwork2

Still haven't got over not using Liz Dawn Fades when Vera Duckworth went.  Must have just missed the news.  However I have mentioned it at least twice in these sort of threads so that's some comfort.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: madhair60 on August 15, 2022, 06:02:22 PMi find the complaints a bit odd, I don't think I'm wired to be offended/upset by death jokes/puns. they are so impersonal, you know? just a bit of gallows daftness.

Gallows whimsy

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 15, 2022, 08:29:45 PMGallows whimsy

To paraphrase Jabberwocky: "All whimsy were laughs of the gallows, despite the known wrath of the outraged."

idunnosomename

DEAD

oh woah oh woah oh oh woah oh

Twit 2

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 13, 2022, 06:19:22 PMAs a fan of Chris Morris and Peter Cook, I really dislike bad taste humour.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 14, 2022, 01:05:30 PMSomeone used a similar argument to defend the Madelaine McCann jokes that were frequently posted on here and it was just as stupid then.

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 15, 2022, 04:29:10 PMThat's one of the funniest posts I've read in ages, comparing the shit in these RIP threads to what Morris and Cook produced is ridiculous

My point was just that poor taste is a huge part of their work, so it's natural it would be part of the fabric of this forum. I never said that the 'tags' are of the same quality of their work. That's a leap you both made.

Quoteand I know you know this.

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 14, 2022, 01:17:29 PMYeah, I suppose no need to invoke Cook/Morris as a point of comparison. The jokes don't need that validation. It's fine to find gallows humour and naff puns funny in themselves.

Bad Ambassador

Give My Regards to Highgate

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Pushing Up (The Daisies)