Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

She says she wants to b with me but isnt ready 4 a relationship. What do I do?

Started by DeezNuts, August 13, 2022, 01:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeezNuts

Once again, I'm coming to this site for relationship advice cos I have no one else to talk to.

So there's this girl and we've both said that we like each other and I'm pretty sure I love her and she says she loves me but when the idea of us becoming a couple came up she told me she wasn't ready for a relationship and needed to think about the possibility of us being together.

I've obviously respected that wish and am giving her time to consider the possibility but at the same time I'm wondering how she can say she wants to be with me and that she loves me when she's not ready for a relationship.

Surely if she's not sure if she wants a relationship it means that she doesn't love me as much as she says she does. Right?

Am I overthinking things or should I start considering the possibility that she just doesn't love me as much as she says she does? please let me know what you think.

shoulders

Is it cos you are related,  closely related,  very closely related?

SpiderChrist

Butchers Blind

PlanktonSideburns

Non hillarious advice: she's probably just having a think about it - give her space to do that, love is more likely to grow over time into a proper quality love if you give it time, space and respect

Hillarious answer: if she is a ghost watch out for ectoplasm 👻

bgmnts

Have a feeling she only said she loved you just to spend more time out of the cellar.

PlanktonSideburns

shoulders

Just spoke to a woman about this.

The woman said 'sounds like you're being kept on retainer'.

There you are, the freshly harvested field ripened opinion of a real, live woman.

GMTV

vanilla.coffee

As you only met her on the 4th Aug I think asking her to get engaged is long overdue.
So today, ask her to marry you.
Please report back this evening.

How would a relationship impact your prospects of other puss? Have you thought this through?

touchingcloth

Why are people mentioning The Boston Crab? Haven't seen that guy for years.

willbo

i think the cruellest option is that she likes you as a person but isn't that attracted to you, or at least not enough to make you the only one  ...maybe an open relationship is an option?

WhoMe

Quote from: bgmnts on August 13, 2022, 08:43:16 AMHave a feeling she only said she loved you just to spend more time out of the cellar.

Hosepipe ban isn't all bad

Crenners

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 13, 2022, 09:48:15 AMWhy are people mentioning The Boston Crab? Haven't seen that guy for years.

Buell, rent free and just letting off steam. Plank, no idea, can't remember any exchange with him in years.

Either way, I'm not this other poster, it's probably the guy who was recently banned again, and I'm not interested beyond that.

touchingcloth

I feel like there's either a highly sophisticated or utterly worthless in-joke going on here. In either case I'm confused, and I don't like it.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Crenners on August 13, 2022, 10:41:32 AMBuell, rent free and just letting off steam. Plank, no idea, can't remember any exchange with him in years.

Either way, I'm not this other poster, it's probably the guy who was recently banned again, and I'm not interested beyond that.

Many usernames ago, we danced in the pale moonlight. I recall it fondly

Sebastian Cobb

if she sits on your hand and it feels a bit like a horse is eating out of it, then she probably likes you, hth

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Buelligan on August 13, 2022, 11:21:28 AMIf I may be so bold as to speak for Plankton, I'm pretty certain that he hasn't any sort of beef with you (or the Boston Crab) he, like me (who also has zero beef), was simply enjoying riffing on the subject.  And I'm guessing, he, like me, believes that you and TBC and a fair few others over the years and Deez are all one person (no judgement there either, why should there be?).  I wholeheartedly and unreservedly apologise for pissing about.  Now I think about it more, I can see that laughing and messing about was not the right choice.

Would agree with this, but would add that we were being bloody funny though

Sorry Deeznuts, what were you saying?

Buelligan

It was funny but fun is not what's important.  We must talk seriously in this serious thread.  What we did was inappropriate.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Buelligan on August 13, 2022, 12:16:40 PMIt was funny but fun is not what's important.  We must talk seriously in this serious thread.  What we did was inappropriate.

I did go a little hard I guess, you passed me the ball and I kicked it through crenner's greenhouse. And as a mark of respect I will not deploy the obvious sexual innuendo that naturally leads on from that sentence

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: willbo on August 13, 2022, 10:07:02 AMi think the cruellest option is that she likes you as a person but isn't that attracted to you, or at least not enough to make you the only one  ...maybe an open relationship is an option?

Is it that cruel tho? Probably a sizeable chunk of my friends don't want to sleep with me - maybe don't look a gift friend in the mouth - the more friends you have the greater likelihood of meeting someone who wants to kiss you and go shopping with you, if that's what you're after

PlanktonSideburns

It's been pointed out to me that I was being quite the bellend this morning with these comments, for which I apologise. Will let this sink now

Fr.Bigley

Told you she wasn't interested.. neither the other one. Take your angst to Reddit maybe. They accomodate this type of stuff.. but this place is for us angry old cynics that will give you zero sympathy. Gettaefuck