Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

First time in London!

Started by RetroRobot, August 13, 2022, 11:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crumb

Quote from: shoulders on August 18, 2022, 04:10:34 PMYeah have walked past Mcglynns a few times. Looks unspectacular but in a particular way totally unspoilt and unusual for London.

Seems like quite a similar style to the Calthorpe down the road, which can be an enjoyable trip back in time.

The Crumb

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 18, 2022, 05:22:01 PMGet the fuck out of my pub.

She'll be singing a different tune once she gets a whiff of the gravy caked under my fingernails.

Tony Tony Tony

Apologies at bumping this thread, however there was mention upthread of the exhibition of TV stuff at Riverside Studios in Hammersmith with mention of the possibility of posing with a dalek. The exhibition moved on a while ago though I did manage to catch it during a lunch time perambulation. The highlight for me was Tony Hancocks Homburg Hat closely followed by yer actual dalek.

The hot news is the dalek had stayed on and looks like a permanent fixture. It is beside me now as I type. I will take a pic and perhaps post it later for anyone who doesn't know what one looks like (unlikely I know but my cultural touch points fade as I grow ever older).

edit: Yep it's a dalek all right

Get the fuck off my planet

The Crumb

@RetroRobot now you have hopefully recovered from your exhaustion, did you have a nice time overall?

Berries

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Dr Rock on August 15, 2022, 04:20:32 PMI think that was the real Courtney. Though I know someone who did have a 'love romp' with Coogan, and very satisfied with the experience she was.
This was the story I heard being passed around my tiny country village:

A friend of a friend is walking through a park and they see a mate of theirs sat on a bench, sobbing.  They sit down next to them and ask them what's up.  Apparently she's been dating Steve Coogan and it's all going fine, he's a really lovely and charming person, but there's just one thing.  Steve likes to be fisted and she's not into it and she doesn't know how to tell him.

I can't remember how the story ends, presumably with shitty hands.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Berries on August 25, 2022, 02:00:31 AMI hope you can get cream for that.

The colour scheme looked odd to me at first. The blurb next to the thing explains these colours worked better for black and white telly. Obvs things changed with the advent of colour.

Now let's get back to Steve Coogan's sexual preferences.

RetroRobot

Quote from: The Crumb on August 23, 2022, 04:15:12 PM@RetroRobot now you have hopefully recovered from your exhaustion, did you have a nice time overall?

Yeah it was alright. Knackering but I think I'll go on a city trip one weekend so I can do the daytime stuff and see a show.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on August 13, 2022, 11:46:33 AMGo to an all night junglist mash-up.

I'm taking the boy to London in a few months, got any recommendations for a toddler-friendly junglist venue?

imitationleather

Quote from: Ferris on August 25, 2022, 07:28:13 PMI'm taking the boy to London in a few months, got any recommendations for a toddler-friendly junglist venue?

Bang Face

Ferris

imitationleather

I think you'll find he behaves himself in a far more grown-up and dignified manner than a lot of the clientele.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Ferris on August 25, 2022, 07:28:13 PMI'm taking the boy to London in a few months, got any recommendations for a toddler-friendly junglist venue?

You cant go far wrong with a Horrible Histories theatre show Tkts

Followed by a jungle meal at Jungle cave

Just don't expect to have any cash left.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on August 25, 2022, 10:47:14 PMYou cant go far wrong with a Horrible Histories theatre show Tkts

Just noticed that Tony Tony Tony accidentally put the wrong link to the Horrible Histories show, so I've fixed it for him now.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 26, 2022, 10:34:40 AMJust noticed that Tony Tony Tony accidentally put the wrong link to the Horrible Histories show, so I've fixed it for him now.

Thanks for that. Did the original link pick up on my most visited site You Jizz BBC News?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on August 26, 2022, 10:57:13 AMThanks for that. Did the original link pick up on my most visited site You Jizz BBC News?

In fact it was tickets for Jerry Sadowitz, and I feared that Ferris's toddler might be murdered by the man if he sobbed through the performance.

Ferris

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on August 25, 2022, 10:47:14 PMFollowed by a jungle meal at Jungle cave

I can't imagine anyone seriously going here. Looks like it exists solely for comedians to moonlight at, then tell amusing anecdotes on the graham norton show 30 years hence.

Neomod

Before your next visit maybe watch one of John Rogers videos.

He does a lot of psychogeography stuff on London and it's environs.