Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:32:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Over thirty shooting stars

Started by Brian Freeze, August 14, 2022, 06:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Freeze

Last night. Loads of em. Did you see them?

They were a bit boring actually, if you'd told me we'd see over thirty in an half hour time frame and I'd not really care I'd have told you where to get off.

The thing is they were all in the same place and almost metronomic in the timing of their appearance. Just one, pause, followed by another, pause, followed by another, pause . . . . . etc with only very slight variation in their duration, location and brightness.

Same again tonight?

Buelligan

Yes, it's the Perseids, same time every year.  If you get to a place with little light pollutuion and it's a clear night, it's amazing! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perseids

Replies From View

The Perseids sound like the kind of neighbours you could trust to take delivery of a package while you were out.

buttgammon

Quote from: Replies From View on August 14, 2022, 08:26:27 AMThe Perseids sound like the kind of neighbours you could trust to take delivery of a package while you were out.

I always thought they sounded like a Bronze Age civilisation from one of the Greek islands. In fairness, that would make them very neighbourly - you'd get your package and a load of treasure as a gift.