Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,475
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

South Park The 25th Anniversary Concert

Started by Psychotic Mongoose, August 14, 2022, 09:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Do they do La Resistance? I'm not going if they don't do La Resistance.

The Mollusk

Quote from: madhair60 on August 14, 2022, 12:54:31 PMnah its good

I mean granted this isn't my sort of thing at all and I don't think South Park is a good TV show and I hate Primus but that theme song performance is almost objectively lame to me.

Even as a gushing Ween obsessive (as I'm sure Primus and Ween will likely bookend the gig with individual sets of their own material) and someone who thinks Parker's songwriting/singing is the greatest thing about the duo's creative output by a country mile, I still can't see any appeal to this show. It looks embarrassing. But I guess if they're having fun then whatevz.

This shitty post brought to you by two days of insomnia and last minute wedding planning stress.

Sonny_Jim

Wait until you see the 'tailgate party':

I did watch another clip of them singing 'Montage' and it looked pretty good.

Magnum Valentino

I got a wee bit annoyed seeing Matt Stone play drums with Rush not having bothered to learn how to play Closer to the Heart. He can clearly play - not just in that "he's good for a celebrity" way, either - but if you're not a big enough Rush fan to know how to play that easily played song, you don't belong in Neal's seat.

Haven't felt this precious about something in ages. Still think Matt is cool as fuck but just a wee black mark on the record for a couple years on that one.

bgmnts

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on August 14, 2022, 04:23:30 PMI got a wee bit annoyed seeing Matt Stone play drums with Rush not having bothered to learn how to play Closer to the Heart. He can clearly play - not just in that "he's good for a celebrity" way, either - but if you're not a big enough Rush fan to know how to play that easily played song, you don't belong in Neal's seat.

Hard songs to play on drums tbf

Magnum Valentino

Not if you can play the drums as well as he can.

Could have been me!!!*

*It could not have been me.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on August 14, 2022, 04:23:30 PMI got a wee bit annoyed seeing Matt Stone play drums with Rush not having bothered to learn how to play Closer to the Heart. He can clearly play - not just in that "he's good for a celebrity" way, either - but if you're not a big enough Rush fan to know how to play that easily played song, you don't belong in Neal's seat.

I think it was sprung on him!

Can't wait to see this. I wanted to fly out to see it live, but I had to go and have a child who "needs me" or whatever all those years ago didn't I.

dontpaintyourteeth

Did a rewatch of South Park around the start of the pandemic and stalled somewhere in the middle of Season 17. Just because it was a ridiculous amount of it to watch in a relatively short space of time. Would agree that the songs are usually the highlight of any given episode/season. Don't think I would pay to go and see this but it's sure to be better than that Family Guy album, that exists for some reason

idunnosomename

set so everyone can complain about it

Spoiler alert
"Take Me Away" - Ween
"Roses Are Free" - Ween
"It's Gonna Be A Long Night" - Ween and Primus
"Here Come The Bastards" - Primus and Ween
"Uncle Fucka" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Primus, and Ween
"Montage" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Primus, and Ween
"San Diego" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Primus, and Ween
"It's Easy, Mmm'kay" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone
"Jerry Was A Race Car Driver" - Primus
"Those Damn Blue-Collar Tweekers" - Primus
"South Park Theme" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Primus
"It's Butters!" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone
"My Robot Friend" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone
"Blame Canada" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Primus
"Closer to the Heart" by Rush
"On a Colorado Farm" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Primus, and Ween
"Piss Up A Rope" - Ween
"Wynona's Big Brown Beaver" - Primus
"Gay Fish" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Claude Coleman Jr., and Bruce Howell
"Man Up" (From The Book of Mormon) - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Bruce Howell
"The Mollusk" - Ween
"Voodoo Lady" - Ween
"Too Many Puppies" - Primus
"Butters the Cat" (Cover of "Tommy the Cat") - Primus and Matt Stone
"Let's Fighting Love" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Dean Ween, Larry "Ler" LaLonde, Tim " Herb" Alexander, and Bruce Howell
"When I Was on Top of You" (From Cannibal! The Musical) - Trey Parker and Matt Stone
"Merry Fucking Christmas" - Trey Parker and Matt Stone
"The Ballad of Lemmiwinks" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Primus, and Ween
"Kyle's Mom's a Bitch" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Ween, and Bruce Howell
"What Would Brian Boitano Do? Pt. II" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Tim "Herb" Alexander, Larry "Ler" LaLonde, and Bruce Howell
"The Yelper Special" - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Primus, and Ween
"America, Fuck Yeah" (From Team America: World Police) - Trey Parker, Matt Stone, Primus, and Ween
[close]

dontpaintyourteeth

Genuinely (pleasantly) surprised they're doing 'When I Was on Top of You'

BritishHobo

madhair60

Quote"The Mollusk" - Ween

hey, that's like the username on here - and that poster likes Ween too!

idunnosomename

Quote from: BritishHobo on August 14, 2022, 05:27:08 PMPLAY LA RESISTANCE YOU COWARDS
Trey didn't sing that though which is the problem. And that Gregory has a professional singing voice is kind of the joke.

Noodle Lizard

Just watched some fan recordings. Ah you'd have to have a heart of molten grumble to not be happy about this. Assuming you like South Park anyway, but Even If You Don't it's awesome to see Ween in this setting too.

Noodle Lizard

Surprised Homo Rainbow isn't on the setlist, though, given that's the only song Ween actually contributed to South Park.

Gurke and Hare

I'd much rather see proper orchestral performances of the stuff from Bigger Longer Uncut.

sutin

Primus playing the theme song live with Les Claypool dressed up as the South Park version of himself is one of the most delightful things i've ever seen in my entire life. How could you not smile seeing that???!!

PlanktonSideburns

Feel like claypool may have just been wearing that outfit anyway, god love him

idunnosomename

first couple songs and this is even better than I imagined

idunnosomename

also trey admits their boys' voices are pitch-shifted. i was wondering how they were doing it live. not difficult I suppose

Goldentony

heartbreaking they didn't do Now You're A Man for this. OTHERWISE this looks great minus the Primus shite and i'll watch the first South Park thing i've watched since about 2002 I suppose.

bgmnts

This sounds ace and will make me feel like a 12 year old loving insane comedy again.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Goldentony on August 14, 2022, 10:08:59 PMheartbreaking they didn't do Now You're A Man for this. OTHERWISE this looks great minus the Primus shite and i'll watch the first South Park thing i've watched since about 2002 I suppose.

Primus arguably gives the standout performance - and I say that as a massive Ween fan who's indifferent towards Primus.

Matt Stone is more musically competent than I knew. Trey's a bit disappointing, but I suppose he's more of a writer than a performer. Definitely seemed like a bit of childhood wish fulfillment going on there, and why not indeed.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 14, 2022, 10:04:56 PMalso trey admits their boys' voices are pitch-shifted. i was wondering how they were doing it live. not difficult I suppose
Back in the old days, you'd speak slowly and speed it up (Alvin and the chipmunks).  Nowadays you can pitch shift in real time, autotune is a similar technology.

I remember a particularly awkward Richard and Judy interview where Richard asked Trey to do a sign off in the voice of Cartman and Trey having to explain he didn't have the right equipment.

sutin

Weird to see the anti-Primus sentiment on here. I guess people just dislike bass aerobics? Anyway, I watched it all last night and it was fantastic.

dontpaintyourteeth

In my experience the vocals are more of an obstacle for most people.