Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where's the rain?!

Started by Fr.Bigley, August 15, 2022, 08:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernice

It's coming down in my corner of East London. Glorious, genuinely quite moved at the sight of it. This is the driest summer I've ever experienced anywhere I've lived.

I actually like the heat and the big blue skies and the sweaty nights, but it's nice to be in the middle of August and actually looking forward to Autumn rather than desperately hoping for a condensed summer to start quickly.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It hammered it down for another five minutes or so shortly after my previous post. Maybe if I keep posting in this thread, there will be a decent amount of rainfall.

Fr.Bigley

@Claude I am jealous to the point of rage. I love the dry summer but I have the worst possible allergies via pollen and road pollution...its been horrid. 4 weeks I've kept the missus up and made her resent me. Yorkshire usually gives us a right good dose of council piss. Only time I've been envious of London... is now.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Well my tactic hasn't worked. The bastard sun has come out now. Perhaps I should invoke sods law and try to have a picnic.

Midas

JesusAndYourBush

JesusAndYourBush

There's a very fine mist in the air, it's probably evaporating before it hits the ground.

Yesterday the met office site predicted a 12-hour thunderstorm and rain deluge starting this evening at 7pm, but as we got closer to the time it was downgraded and downgraded. Hmmm.

shoulders

Been drizzling since 9pm, forecast to continue until 8am....this is good rain for the soil. Less volume but manageable.

Twit 2

What's soil ever done for me? Fuck soil. Hope it all gets washed away.