Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Are you refrigerating your biscuits?

Started by Twit 2, August 16, 2022, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Got some chocolate hobnobs chilling hard. Don't think I'm ever going to look back. New dawn.

Twit 2

Guests might not like it but they don't have to because they can fuck off.

Endicott

madhair60

Never tried this. Just chocolate bars.

Honestly, this sounds amazing.

Zetetic

Had to cool some chocolate-covered Brazil nuts recently, which I think is in the same ballpark.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I tried freezing a Cadbury's Cream Egg once. It's a wonder I'm still alive.

Zero Gravitas

Disgusting, a standard home appliance is far too cold for biscuits, and far too dry an atmosphere.

If pressed put them in the warmest part of a dedicated refrigerator so that it's about 15°C, with a small bowl of water placed in there to humidify them.

With the separation, accessory and temperature constraints you can fit approximately 20 custard creams in a standard family refrigerator.

Twit 2

Quote from: madhair60 on August 16, 2022, 03:56:48 PMNever tried this. Just chocolate bars.

Remember it started all here with me. Tell your grandkids.

Cloud

We've even got BREAD in the fridge at the moment.  Keeps well, just takes up a ton of space obviously

Twit 2

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 16, 2022, 04:01:29 PMDisgusting, a standard home appliance is far too cold for biscuits, and far too dry an atmosphere.

If pressed put them in the warmest part of a dedicated refrigerator so that it's about 15°C, with a small bowl of water placed in there to humidify them.

With the separation, accessory and temperature constraints you can fit approximately 20 custard creams in a standard family refrigerator.

Talking out your giant arse on this. Get chochobnobs in your fridge, wait a while, chomp and come back in here and say sorry. You're a disgrace to biscuits.

Twit 2

Quote from: Cloud on August 16, 2022, 04:03:06 PMWe've even got BREAD in the fridge at the moment.  Keeps well, just takes up a ton of space obviously

Replace volume of bread with equivalent in chocolate biscuits and then we'll talk.

Twit 2

Quote from: Zetetic on August 16, 2022, 03:58:07 PMHad to cool some chocolate-covered Brazil nuts recently, which I think is in the same ballpark.

You've got promise. We can work with this.

boki

Noddy Holder eyes up a second seasonal hit opportunity.

Glebe

They're all in there looking for me frozen biccies!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: madhair60 on August 16, 2022, 03:56:48 PMNever tried this. Just chocolate bars.

frozen Twix was a gamechanger for me, the caramel goes brittle and tastes better.

JesusAndYourBush

I've had to put bananas in the fridge through the hot weather so they don't ripen so fast that they've turned to foul goo after a few days.

I also put my bread in the fridge. It goes stale quicker, but that's preferable to it going mouldy.

shoulders

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on August 16, 2022, 05:01:09 PMI also put my bread in the fridge. It goes stale quicker, but that's preferable to it going mouldy.

Just don't let it go stale or mouldy.

Jesus,  you have to do everything for these people.

So keep it warm and soak it in bleach?

Gurke and Hare

People who keep bread and biscuits in the fridge need to be beaten around the private parts with a rolled up newspaper.

What about people who keep bread or biscuits in the fridge?

shoulders

What if you only have fridges and no cupboards?

shoulders

As Replies From View can confirm,  the trick is to eat the biscuits  then chill them.

Quote from: shoulders on August 16, 2022, 05:20:26 PMAs Replies From View can confirm,  the trick is to eat the biscuits  then chill them.

The Stansfield™

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on August 16, 2022, 04:01:29 PMDisgusting, a standard home appliance is far too cold for biscuits, and far too dry an atmosphere.

Wait, 15 degrees? So custard creams shouldn't be eaten during the winter?

Cuellar

Jittlebags

This is how Lisa Stansfield started. A couple of hobnobs here, a couple of chocolate digestives there.

Jasha

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 16, 2022, 04:04:24 PMTalking out your giant arse on this. Get chochobnobs in your fridge, wait a while, chomp and come back in here and say sorry. You're a disgrace to biscuits.

In the time it takes to chill the hobnobs you could have eaten them, then the time you spend eating the chilled pack you could have eaten another, 2 for the time of 1

The Dog

Butchers Blind

Do not put your biscuits in the fridge!