Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Are you refrigerating your biscuits?

Started by Twit 2, August 16, 2022, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

No, but I have chocolate Hobnobs and they are getting a bit melty.

The Dog

I suppose you never know what strange things people get up to in the privacy of their own homes 🤔

Twit 2

Quote from: Kankurette on August 16, 2022, 09:05:19 PMNo, but I have chocolate Hobnobs and they are getting a bit melty.

Thought of refrigerating them?

Butchers Blind

Imagine going round your nan's for tea and instead of her getting out the round tin with the pink wafers from the top cupboard, she goes to the fridge and gets them out from the clear drawer at the bottom.
You'd have her put in a nursing home.

Replies From View

Everyone now gets up at dawn to put all their various chocolate bars in the freezer.

Sometimes through the walls you can hear the words they're saying.  "Freeze the caramel one.  Make it go like a dime bar."

Replies From View

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 16, 2022, 10:05:40 PMImagine going round your nan's for tea and instead of her getting out the round tin with the pink wafers from the top cupboard, she goes to the fridge and gets them out from the clear drawer at the bottom.
You'd have her put in a nursing home.

Alright then clever clogs, what if she has broken the pink wafers up into chunks that will fit into the ice tray, filled the remainder up with water and frozen the fucking thing.

And she unveils these pink wafer ice cubes as a supplement to the boiling hot tea she has poured you from the pot.  Pops them into your brew like they're sugar cubes.  Doesn't even ask how many lumps you want, just begins slamming them in there, goes immediately deaf as fuck, can't hear you protesting, keeps returning to the freezer to get more ice cubes of pink wafers, more more more more

Quote from: The Dog on August 16, 2022, 09:06:20 PMI suppose you never know what strange things people get up to in the privacy of their own homes 🤔

Imagine someone failing a DBS check and it turns out they got done for putting biscuits in the fridge. You'd almost wish they were a sex offender.

MrMealDeal

I keep my Leibnizes in the fridge. The noise they make when you bite into them is between a crunch and a snap. Heavenly.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: MrMealDeal on August 16, 2022, 11:15:53 PMThe noise they make when you bite into them is between a crunch and a snap.
A crap.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I put a Toblerone in the fridge yesterday. Not a biscuit admittedly but it has little nutty bits of nut in it which is similar to how a biscuit might be like. It was proper hard and difficult to bite but it was nice (it was the orange one of the Toblerone range).

I might try putting crisps in the freezer next.

Or marmalade in the oven

Ferris

Started keeping bread in the fridge, gamechanger, lasts for fucking ages.

Think on.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Ferris on August 17, 2022, 02:12:36 AMStarted keeping bread in the fridge, gamechanger, lasts for fucking ages.

Think on.

Unless it gets condensation in it -- then it lasts even less than in the cabinet. So be careful to tie your bag up tightly, boys.

Ambient Sheep

I've been putting my Chocolate Digestives in the fridge for at least a decade (along with any other non-freezer chocolate-based confection).

I now struggle to eat them any other way.

Glebe

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on August 17, 2022, 01:54:43 AMI put a Toblerone in the fridge yesterday. Not a biscuit admittedly but it has little nutty bits of nut in it which is similar to how a biscuit might be like. It was proper hard and difficult to bite but it was nice (it was the orange one of the Toblerone range).

shoulders

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 17, 2022, 03:16:20 AMI've been putting my Chocolate Digestives in the fridge for at least a decade (along with any other non-freezer chocolate-based confection).

I now struggle to eat them any other way.

Surely they just go off after ten years?

Brian Freeze

Quote from: shoulders on August 17, 2022, 07:08:05 AMSurely they just go off after ten years?

I was going to suggest a colder setting if its taking that long to reach optimum coolth.

Brian Freeze

I did hear of someone whose daughter had been winding him up so for revenge he put her Nutella in the fridge.

The Bumlord

Problem is, take anything chocolatey out of the fridge and it gets immediately sweaty.

shoulders

Quote from: The Bumlord on August 17, 2022, 07:14:26 AMProblem is, take anything chocolatey out of the fridge and it gets immediately sweaty.

You're thinking about acclaimed vocalist Morrissey.

The Bumlord

Quote from: shoulders on August 17, 2022, 07:24:21 AMYou're thinking about acclaimed vocalist Morrissey.

There's no way he'd fit in my fridge.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on August 17, 2022, 01:54:43 AMOr marmalade in the oven

You could weaponise that. Napalmalade. Imagine getting splorched with a face full of boiling hot marmalade, thick shred would leave some nasty scars wouldn't it?