Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:41:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Miss Me Baby One More Time (Darius Dead)

Started by privatefriend, August 16, 2022, 05:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

privatefriend

Darius Danesh has died age 41

Did you know that Darius was in a coma because he drank sewage from the thames? (what a sicko!*). Could it be that the poo prions did him in?

*not really it was for charity

Bernice

Sometimes I suspect these threads are only started for the puns.

privatefriend

Quote from: Bernice on August 16, 2022, 05:09:25 PMSometimes I suspect these threads are only started for the puns.

How dare you!

imitationleather

Most shocking reality show death since Baggs the Brand.

Mr_Simnock

Inspector Norse

shoulders

Jumblegraws

The last time I saw Darius Danesh on TV was when he got squirted by a water-gun-hidden-in-a-mic on the fucking awful prank show Balls of Steel. He took it in good humour, possibly the only celebrity victim to react that way, and by doing so made the pranker look like even more a cunt. So respect for that and RIP.

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Jumblegraws on August 16, 2022, 05:16:56 PMThe last time I saw Darius Danesh on TV was when he got squirted by a water-gun-hidden-in-a-mic on the fucking awful prank show Balls of Steel. He took it in good humour, possibly the only celebrity victim to do so, and by doing so made the pranker look like even more a cunt. So respect for that and RIP.

Didn't they do Tom Cruise? Or was that Dennis penis?

Butchers Blind

Wasn't he about 8 foot tall or something?

Video Game Fan 2000

thought this was a reboot of the shooter where the enemies are big robot fish

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 16, 2022, 05:19:48 PMWasn't he about 8 foot tall or something?

wonder if they used three screen extra wide heart monitors like in the arcades

Mr_Simnock

Yes that was a great game, well there was lots of Darius games but the MD one was my fave

I just read that he married the star of 90s sci-fi shlock Species. Fuck my hat.

JaDanketies

awww gutted. Fiancee will be doubly-gutted. She had the album and fancied him back in the day (I mean I can see the resemblance with me)

Small Man Big Horse

Weirdly I only looked him up on google just last week to see if he was still performing, I've no idea why but his name just came in to my mind. Seems to have an okay career up to 2018 (where he was the main male co-star in Sheridan Smith's Funny Girl), but nothing after that, though I guess the pandemic may be a big reason why.

daf

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on August 16, 2022, 05:17:41 PMDidn't they do Tom Cruise? Or was that Dennis penis?
Yeah, that was them. The pranker (who for whatever reason wasn't the same as the one that got Darius) ended up spending a night in jail because of it.

QuoteThe cause of death is not known, but his family said he was found in his US apartment.

Yanks are used from birth to such harsh conditions.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

No age indeed. I've no interest in those telly talent shows, or his career specifically (it's so long since he even crossed my mind, I assumed this thread was about the person that wrote "Baby One More Time") but I do remember respecting him for finding success in the face of all the mockery.

Butchers Blind

People say it's no age but it is, it's 41 in this case. That's the age. 41.

shiftwork2

I've no idea who this man was but I've outlived him.  I won the lives.

Blue Jam

Quote from: privatefriend on August 16, 2022, 05:07:16 PMDid you know that Darius was in a coma because he drank sewage from the thames?

I actually did, but only because it was mentioned on The Snooker Potcast, of all things.

Rest in peace Darius, along with the glory days of Pop Idol.

Tony Tony Tony

There's a lot of love death in the room.

Jollity

I just looked up what was number one in the UK twenty years ago today. Funny old world.

(the site won't let me link to the specific chart for some dumb reason, but you can find it at https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/ )

touchingcloth

Quote from: Jollity on August 16, 2022, 06:20:03 PMI just looked up what was number one in the UK twenty years ago today. Funny old world.

(the site won't let me link to the specific chart for some dumb reason, but you can find it at https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/ )

https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/20020811/7501/

Blue Jam

Fair play to the guy, he may have been a cheeseball but he told the Pop Idol judges he was going to have a no. 1 single and then he only went and bloody did it. That's Oasis-level swagger.