Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Miss Me Baby One More Time (Darius Dead)

Started by privatefriend, August 16, 2022, 05:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 16, 2022, 06:21:18 PMGareth Pearly Gates.

Will Die Young

(I'm sad about this. I liked Darius; he was one of the minor celebrities hanging around the last time my whole family were together, and I always thought he was a very handsome man)

kalowski

Quote from: privatefriend on August 16, 2022, 05:07:16 PMDarius Danesh has died age 41

Did you know that Darius was in a coma because he drank sewage from the thames? (what a sicko!*). Could it be that the poo prions did him in?

*not really it was for charity
He was in a coma for charity?

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 16, 2022, 07:03:05 PMFair play to the guy, he may have been a cheeseball but he told the Pop Idol judges he was going to have a no. 1 single and then he only went and bloody did it. That's Oasis-level swagger.

Yeah, I always though that was cool. One of the most 50/50 self fulfilling prophecies ever. I've heard from a Scottish pal that he was GBOL too. It'll be depressing if this is another pointless OD. Hope not.

JaDanketies

When he was mocked on Popstars he said he'd have a number 1 album by the time he was in his 30s and we all laughed at the narcissistic misled dreamer, and then he went and did it, as was pointed out in a clip show I watched the other day

Butchers Blind

Bennett Brauer

Captain Z

I'd heard about the coma thing because strangely enough Limmy looked him up during one of his streams just a couple of weeks ago too. Awful business, thought he was demonstrating a real water purifying device when he'd been given a non-functional prop.

kidney

Bently Sheds

Surprisingly sad about this news, he did come across as a decent fella and embraced the ridicule he got for his Britney cover which, give him his due, is now as much a part of television legend as Blue Peter's shitting elephant, Grundy's Sex Pistols interview and Grace Jones twatting Russell Harty. And, as other posters pointed out, he got that #1 album that he claimed he would.

Hit me.
One more.
funky sideways dance move
Time.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Jumblegraws on August 16, 2022, 05:16:56 PMThe last time I saw Darius Danesh on TV was when he got squirted by a water-gun-hidden-in-a-mic on the fucking awful prank show Balls of Steel. He took it in good humour, possibly the only celebrity victim to react that way, and by doing so made the pranker look like even more a cunt. So respect for that and RIP.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/sYwYyrGteOs?t=430

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on August 16, 2022, 05:17:41 PMDidn't they do Tom Cruise? Or was that Dennis penis?

That was the execrable BoS too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBRuvQP5fd8

willbo

Can't believe he wasn't gay but dated hollywood lady film stars. I know we're past stereotyping now, but c'mon - when someone gets famous for singing "hit me baby one more time" in a camp manner, you don't expect them to marry Natasha Henstridge shortly later.

Paul Calf

kalowski

Quote from: willbo on August 17, 2022, 08:43:53 AMCan't believe he wasn't gay but dated hollywood lady film stars. I know we're past stereotyping now, but c'mon - when someone gets famous for singing "hit me baby one more time" in a camp manner, you don't expect them to marry Natasha Henstridge shortly later.
Both Elton John and Ashley Cole Peter Wyngard were married.

Angst in my Pants

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 16, 2022, 05:47:26 PM(where he was the main male co-star in Sheridan Smith's Funny Girl)
I remember when he was cast as Nick Arnstein, I just couldn't imagine he'd changed enough to be able to play this suave, handsome, stylish playboy and manage to be convincing. But when he came out on stage, there were audible gasps - my own included - he was immediately striking and absolutely perfect for the part.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 16, 2022, 07:42:47 PMHappier times

NWS

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4e7powupf1qzx27to1_500.jpg

Don't post NWS pictures in spoiler tags and without adequate warning please.

They load behind the tags so that just still gets people fired.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Angst in my Pants on August 17, 2022, 12:06:09 PMI remember when he was cast as Nick Arnstein, I just couldn't imagine he'd changed enough to be able to play this suave, handsome, stylish playboy and manage to be convincing. But when he came out on stage, there were audible gasps - my own included - he was immediately striking and absolutely perfect for the part.

Aw, that's lovely to hear. I have downloaded filmed version of it so will watch it one day, the only reason I haven't so far is that I only watched the Streisand movie back in 2019.

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 17, 2022, 09:10:32 AMIt's Chico time (to die)

Chico had a stroke a couple of years ago.  I don't know how serious it was but it was featured on the news.

willbo

Quote from: kalowski on August 17, 2022, 11:12:03 AMBoth Elton John and Ashley Cole Peter Wyngard were married.

would a gay man in the closet in the 00s have married, not just a woman, but a world desired woman like NH. That's one expensively groomed "beard"

kalowski

Quote from: willbo on August 17, 2022, 06:11:22 PMwould a gay man in the closet in the 00s have married, not just a woman, but a world desired woman like NH. That's one expensively groomed "beard"
Who? Elton or Peter?

Pop Idol was interesting in that there was a desire to create a different break the mould pop act, perhaps in the way that years later The Voice hoped it would promote talent over the X Factor package. Darius was part of a talented cast of contestants that in their own way were all quite odd.

You had the strange guy with a stutter, Rik Waller and a gay winner in Darius's first series. In the second series an overweight scotswoman won.

kalowski

Oh yes. They became engaged but broke it off in early 2010, then later married on Valentine's Day 2011. They filed for divorce in July 2013.

I really don't care if he was gay or not, I don't really know much about him, I was merely pointing out that marriage was not necessarily an indicator of heterosexuality.

Have been doing too many crosswords lately and when I saw the news absent-mindedly scribbled Darius Danesh (Didn't know about the change to Campbell) on the paper and saw that his name was an anagram of IS DEAD, HAS URN.  Felt like a bad person for noticing that, although a bit less now I've seen what everyone else on this thread has come up with.

Reminds me of when Marti Caine died back in the 90s? and one of the newspaper puzzle pages came up with:

Anagram: This celebrity has been in the news for a sad reason.

I'M IN A CRATE 

Quote from: Bently Sheds on August 16, 2022, 11:23:17 PMSurprisingly sad about this news

Same here.  He seemed like a nice guy.  Spoke quite candidly about the way he was wrecked by the breakdown of his marriage.

jamiefairlie

Was he not gay and married and married to a gay marriage?

dissolute ocelot

He's better than Darius Davies or Dinesh D'Souza. Which isn't saying much, but I've no awareness of him since Colourblind. Still, I guess it means Bobby Gillespie moves one step up the list of top Glaswegian pop stars. I did actually watch him on Pop Stars and Pop Idol and he was an eejit but an entertaining one, and regardless of the fact that he wasn't quite the second George Michael or Elton John that he evidently believed himself to be, it seems very sad.

JaDanketies

It's weird how the Popstars Baby One More Time thing seems to be what people are remembering him for in general, when Colourblind was massive and catchy a f and when he had a pretty interesting career in the intervening 21 years